NEurope
darkjak

Reggie wants ideas!

Any developer to make a DECENT Donkey Kong game that doesn't involve drums or any other naff music attachment. That would make me happy.

And saying that Zelda series ain't as deep as what FF VIII, FF X and KH have is quite a laugh :indeed:

A Zelda game has never made shed any tears where as all of the games I mentioned did. Oh and before the comments arrive of " Yeah, I cried because they were so bad " no it was because I thought the endings were quite emotional. The journey I had went through with each of the characters had really made me care for them, especially Crisis Core, that ending was done so perfectly If you played FFVII you knew it was coming and you couldn't stop it yet you gave it your all fighting the soldiers at the end.

So yeah for me the games I mentioned were far deeper than all of the Zelda games.

Treasure would make a mean Star Fox game methinks.

Zelda should definitely be outsourced as it seems Aonuma and his team's ideas are starting to get stale.

I'd rather Square Enix stayed away from Nintendo IPs as the company seems unable to produce worthwhile games anymore.

A Zelda game has never made shed any tears where as all of the games I mentioned did. Oh and before the comments arrive of " Yeah, I cried because they were so bad " no it was because I thought the endings were quite emotional. The journey I had went through with each of the characters had really made me care for them, especially Crisis Core, that ending was done so perfectly If you played FFVII you knew it was coming and you couldn't stop it yet you gave it your all fighting the soldiers at the end.

So yeah for me the games I mentioned were far deeper than all of the Zelda games.

The ending of OOT, MM (Heck the whole game was full of great emotion) WW and TP had much more emotion compared to the 'I AM IN YOUR FACE WITH SOME POINTLESS CUTSCENE OF ANIME LOVE!!!'

OOT was the time where Link as an adult had to go back to what he once used to be. He didn't want it, nor did the mature Zelda. Hence why it took a while for Link to take his hand off the ocarina. I am sure there would have been tears. But this is the N64 game we are talking about. It would have looked stupid with a teardrop on Zelda. Here he was a great hero, only to having to go back to a child and then departing with a friend he had since the start of the game. It was no 'I love you so much' crap it was a true bond of friendship between to characters.

What makes Zelda so great now is the fact that it's not 'In your face' it's something you can pick up if you want to and it doesn't destory the experiance of an epic game.

I think you should wait until Zelda Wii comes out before saying Zelda should be outsourced. TP was rushed because the game had to be ported over to the Wii. Aonuma said in an interview that they were forced to leave quite a bit out because of that.

Also, it has been confirmed that Miyamoto created a document that exists somewhere within one of Nintendo's buildings that details the Zelda timeline.

I refuse to believe that Twilight Princess was rushed. They had 4 years of development time and all they did with the port was remap the controls and flip the map.

And if there really was a significant amount of content left out of the game I doubt it would have been superior to the content they deemed worthy to implement.

Now I would have believed you if you had said Phantom Hourglass was rushed because only a complete monster would have thought that The Temple of the Ocean King was a good idea.

Yeah, and then about a year after it comes out they can release a GOTY edition including the patches that stop the game crashing every time you approach a quest slightly differently.

That's just a dumb and pointless argument. Nintendo oversees production so that no mistakes are made - Zelda is such an important franchise, plus very rarely did I come across any bugs. It didn't stop me from thinking that Fallout 3 could well have been game of the year.

You may not like the game but the quality and high ratings in reviews speak volumes.

I refuse to believe that Twilight Princess was rushed. They had 4 years of development time and all they did with the port was remap the controls and flip the map.

And if there really was a significant amount of content left out of the game I doubt it would have been superior to the content they deemed worthy to implement.

Now I would have believed you if you had said Phantom Hourglass was rushed because only a complete monster would have thought that The Temple of the Ocean King was a good idea.

Believe what you want. I personally thought the rushing of TP was obvious.

Do we really think Shigsy has any Zelda timeline in mind whatsoever...?

I'm pretty sure he's talked about a timeline multiple times, and mentioned that a game is "x years after" before it's released. Although I would think that he's only thought about it for Ocarina of Time and onwards (excluding the GBA/4Swords stuff). I'm fairly sure that various bigs form Nintendo have talked about how OoT, MM, WW, TP, PH and ST all fit together.

He at one point mentioned before MM came out that the first bit of the timeline was something like:

OoT - LoZ - AoL - MM - ALttP - LA.

But that was just in an interview.

The ending of OOT, MM (Heck the whole game was full of great emotion) WW and TP had much more emotion compared to the 'I AM IN YOUR FACE WITH SOME POINTLESS CUTSCENE OF ANIME LOVE!!!'

What can I say? I love all of the in your face, OTT, obvious cutscenes in S-E games. The opening FMV to Dissidia has me more hyped than all the cutscenes/previews that we have had for the Crystal Bearers. :D

It wasn't rushed, but they did change a lot more than that in the last year:

* Shield control removed

* Magic meter removed

* Castle Town altered into distant, overhead perspective

* Twilight Realm colourised

* Slingshot added

* Beginning of game padded out (to get you used to the Wii controls)

All that definitely happened between the announcement of a delay and the finished product. Then I wonder when the 3D forest was taken out, what magic meter-using items were removed and whether the Mirror Shield was replaced with the Spinner (very likely). The playable demo from September 2005 was very polished though and I agree the final game wasn't "rushed", just "changed".

Edited by Grazza
Forget two things

Believe what you want. I personally thought the rushing of TP was obvious.

Let's hear some reasons.

You're kidding me right? TP is clearly the most rushed Zelda game (yes, even more rushed that WW). Go back and play it and its incredibly obvious.

Just look at some of the treasure caves in the game. You go through a mini dungeon and all you get for it is 20 rupees. There were tons of things like this that felt as if they were going to implement more side-quests but didn't have time, and so just took what they started out, and threw in some coins instead. There was also a lot of extra stuff between dungeons in the first part of the game, but latter on it felt more like dungeon after dungeon. And the game overall had an empty feeling, there were so many areas where you would just expect there to be something hidden, but there wasn't, but there was a place to hid something. Also, most of the NPCs in the Castle Town didn't have any dialog. Go back and play it again.

:heh:

Maybe I jumped the gun a little too soon. I now remember the pacing at the end of Twilight Princess being comically different to that of the rest of the game.

Funnily enough I was replaying the game recently but got bored after the Sky Temple. If I had completed it I would have possibly avoided making a fool out of myself.

Yeah, the pacing of Twilight Princess does ramp up in the latter stages of the game, but I still kind of agree with McMad- they spent so long developing the game, its a bit crazy for it still to be a rushed effort. (I still think TPs a great game... :heh:)

Can't help but sense a touch of disain towards twilight Princess...the game is incredible!

Anyways...if Nintendo don't have time to make their own games anymore then I would say something like (Nintendo would never give their BIG games away):

Donkey Kong Country - Ronomo Games

Kid Icarus - Platinum Games

F Zero - Next level Games

Starfox - Headstrong

Super Wario Land - Suda51

Kirby - Way Forward

Can't help but sense a touch of disain towards twilight Princess...the game is incredible!

Anyways...if Nintendo don't have time to make their own games anymore then I would say something like (Nintendo would never give their BIG games away):

Donkey Kong Country - Ronomo Games

Kid Icarus - Platinum Games

F Zero - Next level Games

Starfox - Headstrong

Super Wario Land - Suda51

Kirby - Way Forward

to be fair capcom had a few zelda gameboy titles and it don't get any bigger than zelda... ario is their biggest character and is horsed off the companies including hudson of all companies

I'm gonna jump on the bandwagon of Zelda games being deep. Especially OOT and MM on the top of my head. They have some incredible depth in them, albeit, people don't often see it since it's more apparent in other games. There's so much to talk about in them :heh:

to be fair capcom had a few zelda gameboy titles and it don't get any bigger than zelda... ario is their biggest character and is horsed off the companies including hudson of all companies

You speak the truth. But I think people are more talking about 3D Zelda games. MC is probably my favorite Zelda aside from OoT.

Nownow guys, this isn't another zelda thread...or at least I don't think it's meant to be.

As for me, really, I don't know where or what, but I want to see Nintendo team up with 5th Cell for something, I honestly think 5th Cell could become the next Rare or something if and when they get their feet off the ground(with scribblenauts hopefully). Maybe even just that, a nintendo exclusive scribblenauts franchise! Though I do wonder how much you can...build upon the original game and concept.