NEurope

That's quite expensive. It should only be about £4000.

EDIT: Is that a dealer? If so then that's the reason for the high price. You could get that for less than £4000 privately.

Edited by MoogleViper

Right, but I don't want to buy privately, that's what put me off last time. I need to part ex, and I don't want to deal with any idiots, find any surprise flaws in it, be forced to haggle or be completely without any kind of guarantee.

If anyone can post any better deals in the Sheffield area, I'm all ears.

Also I've been through autotrader and I can't find a much better price for a private sale, not on the 1.4 5dr diesel zetec with ac anyway.

I'm willing to pay more for a trade dealer just for the ease and peace of mind, I'm sick of my car being one more thing to worry about.

Thanks for the responses :)

Edited by Shorty

Well then I'd try and knock off as much as possible (or get as much for yours as possible) and also get 12 months tax and at least 12 month warranty.

I'd love the new Veyron' date=' maybe one day... 2 cool pics though, I like them both a lot. Where were they taken?

I'm thinking about driving to the Paris motorshow later in the year, a good thing to do on a trip I've been meaning to make for a while now.[/quote']

There was a Supercars show at Wilton House in Salisbury that me and my mate went to on a whim - it was fantastic. Hearing them all rev up and do a parade was fabulous, and having Mercedes Benz and Bentley do a trade show meant you could get in the cars they brought along, which included the SLS AMG. My day was made!

Got my car lowered yesterday. This was how it looked when I got it home:

Front.jpg

FrontWheel.jpg

FrontWheelAngle.jpg

It had gathered a rather worrying clump of rubber in each wheel arch. The tires are fine, but with more use it would have eventually worn through and burst them. The car is a bit higher now so it's all good. Any lower than it was and I doubt the car would have moved at all.

Ordered another Yaris today. Getting a diesel this time, which has it's pros and cons. I'll be spending less on fuel cos of the mileage I do, but they're a lot less forgiving at low speeds so my learners will likely stall a bit when they forget to change gear.

Another plus is they are easier to do the manoeuvres as you don't need as much gas.

I certainly wouldn't get a Yaris if I was buying the car for my own, but my learners like it, so that's why I've bought another.

Ordered another Yaris today. Getting a diesel this time, which has it's pros and cons. I'll be spending less on fuel cos of the mileage I do, but they're a lot less forgiving at low speeds so my learners will likely stall a bit when they forget to change gear.

Another plus is they are easier to do the manoeuvres as you don't need as much gas.

I certainly wouldn't get a Yaris if I was buying the car for my own, but my learners like it, so that's why I've bought another.

new yaris? I have an old one (2002) and i love it. You gotta go with what's popular I suppose! I learned to drive in a new 207 and i really prefer the yaris.

Yeah, I currently have a 57 (2007) plate petrol Yaris, and my learners like it, so why change? Even though I'd like to.

Just hope they get used to the diesel though, which I'm sure they will!

Yeah, I currently have a 57 (2007) plate petrol Yaris, and my learners like it, so why change? Even though I'd like to.

Just hope they get used to the diesel though, which I'm sure they will!

I reckon its easier to go from petrol to diesel, than the other way round.

I had my very first driving lesson today... absolutely terrified me. Never sweated so much in my life I think haha.

But I'm really struggling with all the gears and clutch stuff, it's so confusing. =(

I had my very first driving lesson today... absolutely terrified me. Never sweated so much in my life I think haha.

But I'm really struggling with all the gears and clutch stuff, it's so confusing. =(

Yeah the first few lessons can be incredibly daunting. But as Caris said it gets easier. Once you've learned to do the clutch and gears without think then you can concentrate on other stuff.

Do you have your own car (or a car you can use outside of lessons)? Obviously you'll have to wait until you're a more capable driver but I found that driving my own car helps. Especially in the later stages of learning as you see things from a different perspective, from your own perspective rather than your instructor telling you what to do.

Right now I have to do 20 hours of lessons (first two done heh) in the instructor's car and with him. If they think I'm capable enough I can learn on my own. Though I don't feel my parents' cars would be the best to learn in (Chrysler PT Cruiser and I think a Peugeot Partner).

It was all very scary 'cause he pretty much immediately took me out on the road. I couldn't do the stopping and starting at a red light/anywhere and all that. Blergh.

Went driving, was going well (I'm really improved/have a much better mindset than I did a while ago) then a woman told me I had a flat tire.

So my car is now parked (safely) a fair bit away from my house. Neither me nor my family friend (who was with me) knew how to change tires, but in any case, the spare tire seemed to have no tools around with which to unclamp it. So yeah. :(

My(not any more) car has just been loaded onto the back of a transporter and has set off to northern Ireland. If anybody lives near the Ballynahinch area you may see my little darling driving round.

They grow up so fast. It seems like only yesterday that I was replacing his exhaust. Now he's off in the big wide world.

Last night I dreamed I had a black VW Corrado.

I want a Corrado :(.

Corrados are nice, but they just look like a swollen Scirocco to me. It was between a Scirocco and a Corrado when I had to replace my RX7. I stand by my choice.

Have a free picture:

eurp_0706_15_z+parts4vw_anniversary_party+volkswagen_corrado.jpg

I think they look so nice.

In my dream I needed to tow something. So I bought a cheap Corrado that had done over 200k miles. It was a 1.8 and it was only a few hundred but when I got it it was in great nick. So I decided to keep it.

Some pictures of the current state of my car, all painted now, just needs to be put back together...

The front clam:

4933076822_d1f246c914.jpg

Another angle:

4932483743_325270cdfa.jpg

Rear clam:

4932484203_4a8799c4bd.jpg

The car:

4933077946_dacd1b75b9.jpg

From the front:

4932485067_f1afe7c53b.jpg

Low angle of the now matte black wheels:

4933078836_444ce9275e.jpg

I'm hoping I'll have it back by next weekend in order to drive back to my parents, it's been far far too long since I last drove it.

Edited by will'

Just sold my Ford Ka and bought a Corsa. It's just a 1.2 16V sxi, 4 years old but a nice low mileage and I had my first ever go at haggling :heh:

...if you're playing the quiz you may now have a new answer to offer :3

Just sold my Ford Ka and bought a Corsa. It's just a 1.2 16V sxi, 4 years old but a nice low mileage and I had my first ever go at haggling :heh:

...if you're playing the quiz you may now have a new answer to offer :3

woohoo well done for taking the plunge... 1.2 should be nice and cheap to insure/run!!

How many miles on it? pix?? =P

I got to drive a Yamaha R1 yesterday. This thing is a death machine in the wrong hands, I barely even touched the throttle and it leapt up to 70mph, thankfully the brakes weren't too shabby either. It's also fairly nice to look at.

2009_Yamaha_R1_big_bang.jpg

woohoo well done for taking the plunge... 1.2 should be nice and cheap to insure/run!!

How many miles on it? pix?? =P

It's only got 21,000 miles on :D

There was a black one with leather seats... man I wanted that one bad - but I went for the slightly better insurance and half the miles, and a better condition body.

Picking it up on Tues so I don't have any pics of my own yet but from the dealer's site:

AETV76396756_1b.jpg