NEurope

omfgsopissed.

My window STILL DOESN'T WORK. Fuckers. :(

The mechanics of the window are a lot better, but when it goes down, the rubber thing (the sealing strip inside of the car along the bottom of the window?) goes down with it, making hideous noises. This is basically pulling the window off its fixture and causing the pictures I posted.

Heres a topic..

Hows your reversing? Do you purposely avoid reversing into a space and use drive in spaces (yay) as much as possible? Are you any gooooood?

I'm going out of my way to practice practice practice. My drive is a bit scary to reverse into but i seem to be getting the hang of it! ^_^

Sorta got a bit of a handicap not having any depth perception but im not gonna let that put me off.

omfgsopissed.

My window STILL DOESN'T WORK. Fuckers. :(

The mechanics of the window are a lot better, but when it goes down, the rubber thing (the sealing strip inside of the car along the bottom of the window?) goes down with it, making hideous noises. This is basically pulling the window off its fixture and causing the pictures I posted.

Heres a topic..

Hows your reversing? Do you purposely avoid reversing into a space and use drive in spaces (yay) as much as possible? Are you any gooooood?

I'm going out of my way to practice practice practice. My drive is a bit scary to reverse into but i seem to be getting the hang of it! ^_^

Sorta got a bit of a handicap not having any depth perception but im not gonna let that put me off.

I purposely reverse into spaces... unless it's a a drive through space so I don't need to reverse out. I find it much easier to park when reversing.

I purposely reverse into spaces... unless it's a a drive through space so I don't need to reverse out. I find it much easier to park when reversing.

I do this somtime.

I find reversing easy. Just look out the back window and off you go. Much easier than using mirrors.

I'm generally to lazy to not just pull into a spot, but I go backwards fine. Much better than most of my friends and my mother. I usually just turn around and look out the back (which in a truck is nice, since the window is right there. Plenty of view) but sometimes there will be a variety of things in the back that block the window, then mirrors and useful.

Reversing into a spot...

not so clever when you come back with a trolly full of shopping.

Reversing into a spot...

not so clever when you come back with a trolly full of shopping.

As a youth with a car, one of my hobbies is sitting in asda car park.

I've seen this so many times. People park with their rear bumpers almost touching bollards, then can't open it.

90% of people pretend they were checking stuff and put their shopping in the back seat.

EDIT: I find it really easy to reverse. Its like 50/50 wether i reverse into a space or not.

Edited by Kirkatronics
Automerged Doublepost

As a youth with a car, one of my hobbies is sitting in asda car park.

You should get some better hobbies. That one defo sounds sucky.

On the reversing subject I pretty much always reverse into parking spaces, find it much easier in fact than going forwards usually.

On the reversing subject I pretty much always reverse into parking spaces' date=' find it much easier in fact than going forwards usually.[/quote']

I had a friend who, after he'd passed, could reverse into a space but couldn't go in forwards.

I'll generally reverse as I prefer to just get on with things when it's time to leave instead of faffing around.

I had a friend who, after he'd passed, could reverse into a space but couldn't go in forwards.

I'll probably be like that when I eventually pass, I don't think I've ever gone into a parking bay forwards.

Haha, what a random discussion.

What's the point of reversing into a parking space, really? I mean, you get to drive out forwards, but you had to reverse in. If you park forwards, you get to drive in forwards, and reversing out is easier. Also, there's the possibility you could drive in forwards and then get the chance to drive out forwards too (if you're in a supermarket for example, and a space is free in front of you)

I tend to just look for a space that I can pull straight through to. Best of both worlds that way. Failing that, I just drive into the space forwards. It's easier to reverse out of a space than it is to reverse in.

IIRC correctly, it's illegal to park so that you have to reverse out. Probably due to limited views when reversing out.

Awesome drag car:

hahlin7.jpg

I think he spins the wheels all the way down.

And have my favouritest car ever as a bonus:

Also: Tomorrow will hopefully yield a new addition to the Scirocco. If I were you, I'd wait with baited breath.

far far far safer reversing in than out because you can see a lot more. And you're more likely to get hit reversing out.

It's not illegal in this country but it is in others (germany, but they are very fussy)

An increasing trend nowadays in car parks (especially company ones) is that every car must be reversed parked.

My problem is I can't stand it if I'm not parked perfectly. Going in forwards my visibility is crap and I mess it up almost every time. My mirrors are the exact width of the rear of my car though and I can generally get in pretty damn well going in backwards.

Haha, what a random discussion.

What's the point of reversing into a parking space, really? I mean, you get to drive out forwards, but you had to reverse in. If you park forwards, you get to drive in forwards, and reversing out is easier. Also, there's the possibility you could drive in forwards and then get the chance to drive out forwards too (if you're in a supermarket for example, and a space is free in front of you)

Yeah but I find it much easier to reverse in than reverse out, that's why I do it. Also it's easier to drive out forwards - can see a lot more so it's much safer. Obviously if it's a drive through space then I'll drive straight through, but I'll be able to see before I pull into the space so it's not like I'm gonna be reversing then think "oh shit I could've driven straight through".

I've decided I'm going to call my next car "The Trancer" it will have zaggy lines of bright colours, and logos of comic stuff on some windows/the back maybe.

Also: Tomorrow will hopefully yield a new addition to the Scirocco. If I were you, I'd wait with baited breath.

Technically it's not a new addition, but more a device to allow the addition of an old project.

Anyone remember Project Bernard?

P2201735.jpg

Since I can't seem to decide on any kind of different car I'm thinking of doing something stupid - buying another Ka.

At least I know I like them, I just need a newer, less broken one. There's a 1-owner, full service history '05 plate sport version going for £3400 near me, 57k miles, petrol, alloys/abs/1.6. Seems too good a price for the model....

Anyone have any input, or want to desperately stop me? Otherwise I'll probably just go part-ex for it this week.

If nothing else takes your fancy then I think more of the same is a good idea. When I first passed I used to drive around in my Mom's Ka, great little motor imo.

It's been written off at some point. Cat D is just an uneconomic repair for the insurance company. As long as there is documentation of the repair and you can be sure it was done properly then it's not too much to worry about.

The main concern holding me back from buying that car is that it seems a bit shifty... much cheaper than similar cars on the market/eBay, only a mobile number which google knows nothing about, and there have been very similar listings in the past by a company with a slightly different name.

I don't trust used car company's at all to be honest, especially with "too good to be true" deals. They all just seem a bit 'iffy'. I find you get the best deals from private sellers where you can actually see the person who was driving the car before hand and make a bit of a judgement.

I'd advise finding a KA specific forum and looking for/asking about the key warning signs/problems you should look for when buying used and have a good thorough look around it. With Rover's 'mayo' around the dipstick means head gasket problems (common fault with Rovers at around 50k milage)... (That's just an example... although I would recommend rovers :P)