NEurope

Hit some oil going round a corner at 50mph. Spun, flipped, rolled, destroyed some fencing and hit a tree. Ended up on the other side of the road, facing the other way, on the drivers door. Had to climb out of the windscreen.

Fun night... :heh:

I'll just leave these here :D

4659_1174452000080_1191471477_472191_3474968_n.jpg

4659_1174453160109_1191471477_472198_2285848_n.jpg

Yeah, not my car or me driving, but I was in it! Posted them before in HWYD but still can't get over it.

Crikey, both make mine look like nothing at all. Glad you were both ok after those shunts. I think at some point most people are going to be involved in an accident, just got to hope when you are that it's only the cars that are damaged.

Those pictures of that car crash always send shivers down my spine (letty crash) because my car looks exactly like that and its not a common colour.

Scary stuff.

http://www.halleysgarage.co.uk/viewcar2.php?viewcar=2255

I've been looking at that car over the past few days. What do you guys make of it? I've got it in writing that I can get it for £5650 with a years tax/MOT.

What do you make of it? My sister's boyfriend who works as a car salesman says its a pretty good deal for a decent car. I took it for a test drive today and thought it was good.

A car salesman may be able to tell you it's a good deal (that is their job after all) but they aren't mechanics and can't tell you if it'll break in a month. If there is someone who you know and trust their knowledge about cars, have them take a look at it.

I'd buy it, but then again I'd buy anything that came in "Panther Black".

The only shade of black better than Panther Black is "Ninja Sex Burglar Black"

A car salesman may be able to tell you it's a good deal (that is their job after all) but they aren't mechanics and can't tell you if it'll break in a month. If there is someone who you know and trust their knowledge about cars, have them take a look at it.

I know what you're saying which is why I'm looking to buy from a reputable dealer. Halley's is well known where I live and has a great reputation.

It's not particularly cheap. You can get similar Fiestas much cheaper.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201017358061299/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/8000/price-from/0/maximum-age/up_to_4_years_old/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/fuel-type/petrol/engine-size-cars/1l_to_1-3l/model/fiesta/make/ford/radius/1501/postcode/s803nq/keywords/zetec/page/1?logcode=p £4195

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201014356268340/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-to/8000/price-from/0/maximum-age/up_to_4_years_old/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/fuel-type/petrol/engine-size-cars/1l_to_1-3l/model/fiesta/make/ford/radius/1501/postcode/s803nq/keywords/zetec/page/1?logcode=p £4250

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/classified/advert/201017357879248/sort/priceasc/usedcars/price-from/0/price-to/8000/engine-size-cars/1l_to_1-3l/maximum-mileage/up_to_60000_miles/maximum-age/up_to_4_years_old/fuel-type/petrol/model/fiesta/make/ford/postcode/s803nq/radius/1501/page/1?logcode=p £3490

Although when you look slightly closer to me and only from trade sellers (I really don't know enough about cars to risk buying one from a private seller... I knwo you can get good deals there but to me it's not worth the risk at all. Halley's are offering me a 6 month warranty along with the car) the price goes up to around 5000 as the cheapest and there are only 3 on autotrader of the exact same car.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/ford/fiesta/postcode/g115lu/radius/100/maximum-age/up_to_3_years_old/price-to/6000/engine-size-cars/1l_to_1-3l/fuel-type/petrol/maximum-mileage/up_to_40000_miles/seller-type/trade_adverts/sort/priceasc

Although when you look slightly closer to me and only from trade sellers (I really don't know enough about cars to risk buying one from a private seller... I knwo you can get good deals there but to me it's not worth the risk at all. Halley's are offering me a 6 month warranty along with the car) the price goes up to around 5000 as the cheapest and there are only 3 on autotrader of the exact same car.

http://www.autotrader.co.uk/search/used/cars/ford/fiesta/postcode/g115lu/radius/100/maximum-age/up_to_3_years_old/price-to/6000/engine-size-cars/1l_to_1-3l/fuel-type/petrol/maximum-mileage/up_to_40000_miles/seller-type/trade_adverts/sort/priceasc

I wasn't trying to put you off. Just showing you that you can get it cheaper privately. There is risks with private (hence why it's cheaper) so it's your choice of paying more for peace of mind (and warranty/MOT/tax etc.).

As you've already said you can get a years tax/MOT (don't settle for less) and 6 months warranty (I'd try and push for 12, will help you come the next MOT).

I agree with the above, there should be a good margin built into the car so try to push for as much as you possibly can.

Just been on the phone to the guys repairing my car, the parts should be in today or tomorrow! Hurrah! If the repair goes well I could have my car back before the end of May - a whole month earlier than expected!

God reading my last update is depressing, they've only just got the parts in so it's looking like August for completion on my car. I miss it so much. Anyway, some pics:

The new chassis, along with associated bits:

4771786437_7fdaff8e1b.jpg

From the front:

4771786051_fa181d2e1c.jpg

Inside, and you can see the fron of my car in the background:

4771787685_dfc2c13544.jpg

New car in the foreground, old one at the rear:

4772425410_8a5b1a5827.jpg

So glad the repair is finally underway, will be so so good the day I get it back.

The Scirocco hit the big 100k today. I've had both my Sciroccos when they hit the century:

n687712124_1291261_433.jpg

34181_10150222084765341_687920340_13745754_4617135_n.jpg

My Ka is coming up to 90k... it doesn't have a digit for 100k which usually means they don't expect them to last that long -_-

I don't think I've ever got a car past 50k. I'm always impressed when people manage to get cars that far.

Both of those events look good, I'm getting pissed off at how much I've missed by not having my car for 4 months. As soon as it's back I'm going to go to as many car based things as possible.

My first truck was above 200K (actually started below when I got it), and my current truck has 160K.

I think most Americans (well those who aren't going into continual debt buying the newest of everything) go well over 100K with vehicles. I've only ever seen really New/Collectible cars be below.

My first truck was above 200K (actually started below when I got it), and my current truck has 160K.

I think most Americans (well those who aren't going into continual debt buying the newest of everything) go well over 100K with vehicles. I've only ever seen really New/Collectible cars be below.

American cars are generally larger engines but not as well tuned. Which means there's less stress on the engine.

Both of those events look good' date=' I'm getting pissed off at how much I've missed by not having my car for 4 months. As soon as it's back I'm going to go to as many car based things as possible.[/quote']

Steal a car and bring it to Doncaster.

American cars are generally larger engines but not as well tuned. Which means there's less stress on the engine.

Not even just American made cars though, it's very common to see an old Honda or Toyota still on the road with very high mileage.

Will' im trying to work out what there doing with your car, are you basically getting a brand spankers new chassis? and then there going to move everything else from your car to the new chassis?

Not even just American made cars though, it's very common to see an old Honda or Toyota still on the road with very high mileage.

Volvo's and VW's go forever too. I think it's a Volvo that holds the current record for highest mileage.

Highest I've found is a Volvo 1800s that has done 2.5 million miles.

Someone made me chuckle a bit whilst looking this up. A response to a high mileage Beetle:

"That beetle with over 1,000,000 miles was probably on it 10th or 15th engine."

So less than 100k per engine? The aircooled VW engines are pretty much bulletproof. They've been used in loads of things, from planes to ski lifts. I'd hazard a guess that you'd only need 2 or 3 engines to cover a million miles, if that. You'd have to drive it like it was on fire to use up 10 engines.

Yea, 100K per engine would be rather terrible. We've got a 91 Civic SI with 296K sitting in the backyard. Original engine and all, but about 7 years ago the head gasket needed to be replaces. My dad pulled the head off got a new gasket....and has let it sit in the yard for years.

Put it back together though and do some other maintenance (tires, seats, oil etc.) and we could squeeze another 4K out of it easily and roll to 300k.