NEurope
dwarf

Fifa 10

Well I've been a PES man up until now, but as I usually skip a year between each game (last one was PES 2008) I didn't move on to FIFA til now. But I think I can safely conclude that this is FIFA's year!

There isn't a PES thread so I thought I'd comment about the demo for it in here. Basically the graphics are very impressive, the likeliness is there, but it still suffers from the PES clunkyness in running and passing. Feels too mechanical.

Plus I scored a completely freak goal. I was running down the wing with Kuyt, pressed square which I thought was cross, but instead Kuyt shot and it stayed fairly low. The keeper caught it and went out of play near the front post, then Kuyt started celebrating...

I watched the replay from many angles and what happened was the keeper caught the ball, keeping it central to his body, then he walks THROUGH the post whilst the ball remains in front of the line and then his knee touches the side netting and a goal is awarded at that point. Stupid pro evo!

Yeh I heard the demo was released but I'm not too bothered about PES....used to be a die hard pes fan but I've pretty much converted to fifa, especially with the fifa 10 demo. Absolutely loving it tbh. With the improvements in FIFA on top of the usual slick presentation and licenses, its deffo the game for me!

There isn't a PES thread so I thought I'd comment about the demo for it in here. Basically the graphics are very impressive, the likeliness is there, but it still suffers from the PES clunkyness in running and passing. Feels too mechanical.

Plus I scored a completely freak goal. I was running down the wing with Kuyt, pressed square which I thought was cross, but instead Kuyt shot and it stayed fairly low. The keeper caught it and went out of play near the front post, then Kuyt started celebrating...

I watched the replay from many angles and what happened was the keeper caught the ball, keeping it central to his body, then he walks THROUGH the post whilst the ball remains in front of the line and then his knee touches the side netting and a goal is awarded at that point. Stupid pro evo!

Yeh I heard the demo was released but I'm not too bothered about PES....used to be a die hard pes fan but I've pretty much converted to fifa, especially with the fifa 10 demo. Absolutely loving it tbh. With the improvements in FIFA on top of the usual slick presentation and licenses, its deffo the game for me!

Sums up might thoughts on Pro and PES. Stopped playing PES since...possibly 2 years ago. Even though PES is easier for me than fifa, it feels so damn robotic! 8 way run looks so, well ridiculous when you see how the fifa players move. Felt really horrible and another year where Fifa is the one for me. Don't know why but I feel dirty all over. It's like, if you choose Fifa over PES, you are one with the dark side.

I've never been completely satisfied with the running or movements in Pro. Like people have mentioned, it feels very robotic. I don't think it is something that has particularly improved over the years.

I remember I played Fifa 2003 (or 04) on the Gamecube, and the running felt more less robotic, but it felt much too "slippy." It was as if the players were running on ice, imo. However, over the years, I think EA have managed to get it closer to what it should play like.

Desperately want a new footie game. Although, I'm thinking of getting the next Pro for the Wii. I've only heard good things about that version, whereas it tends to be lagging behind on the 360 and PS3. Dunno what the hell is up there.

Alright, I started playing Fifa 09 again and got infuriated at how useless the Ai was, so i thought lets try the Fifa 10 demo again, it was so much better. I wasn't losing my rag with it since recently in Fifa 09 I hardly manage to get a shot on goal and my passes kept getting intercepted and the infamous long ball problem.

The little things make Fifa 10 a much better game than 09. I'll defo get this for my birthday.

Anybody signed up for for gameface beta? will work in the Virtual Pro mode allow you to add our face to the game.

how do ya sign up to that?

I got an email a few weeks about it....but this video explains it all...

http://gamevideos.1up.com/video/id/26594

Love it, the best feature has got to be that you can assemble a team of friends and all play online together. This is made slightly easier by the game now allowing teams of 5 plus 5 AI.

EDIT

So here's my gameface taken from the beta with the original picture for comparison. Yes I look gormless in the picture but I didn't want to smiling like a tw@t when I play FIFA 10 online.

SANY1219.jpg?t=1253961124

finishedgameface.jpg?t=1253960990

sideview-1.jpg?t=1253961239

sideview.jpg?t=1253961262

Also how it originally comes out:

baldgameface.jpg?t=1253961288

Unfortunately it doesn't render your hair and the hair styles aren't all that great (a problem with a lot of avatar creators) doesn't really matter for me cos shaved my hair not all that long ago! Lack of colour options though..

Edited by flameboy
Automerged Doublepost

Guys i'm desperate to get my hands on this as soon as poss so I was wondering if you think I should order online or get it in the shops.....on play.com its already listed as "dispatched within 24 hours" so I was thinking about ordering it on shopto.net with next day delivery and a slightly cheaper price....

But then postal strikes are going on, but not too sure if my area as been affected considering I still get mail. What should I do? such a dilemna:eek::woops::laughing:

play.com are not shipping mate. They are saying so to drive sales!

there is a shop in Peckham SE15 that is selling the PS3 version early. My bro went in there today asking about the 360 game. They wont have that till wednesday!

I staying with shopto. I think they well ship them out tomorrow or tuesday at the latest. Which day is the strike planned for?

play.com are not shipping mate. They are saying so to drive sales!

there is a shop in Peckham SE15 that is selling the PS3 version early. My bro went in there today asking about the 360 game. They wont have that till wednesday!

I staying with shopto. I think they well ship them out tomorrow or tuesday at the latest. Which day is the strike planned for?

Are shopto good when it comes to delivering the game early?

P.S the strike doesn't really have a day, just the off chance that we don't get any post comng through sometimes!

Are shopto good when it comes to delivering the game early?

P.S the strike doesn't really have a day, just the off chance that we don't get any post comng through sometimes!

everytime I have used shopto the game has arrived on thursday at the latest.

everytime I have used shopto the game has arrived on thursday at the latest.

nice one mate....based on that, i'm pre ordering now!:D

nice one mate....based on that, i'm pre ordering now!:D

On second thoughts I just figured out that I'll be at Uni if I do get this early so it doesn't even matter!:heh::smile:

still looking forward to this though...the demo was awesome.

Been playing the demo today, nice to see its added my gameface onto the menu even though I can't use it for anything until the final release...has anyone else made one?

Edited by flameboy

Been playing the demo today, nice to see if added my gameface onto the menu even though I can't use it for anything until the final release...has anyone else made one?

I've seen the pic on facebook, lulz.

The pics you posted Falmeboy don't look as good as the demo video on IGN.

By the way Toys r us have the game for £29.99

EDIT: Look like they aren't accepting pre-orders though.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

The pics you posted Falmeboy don't look as good as the demo video on IGN.

don't really know what to say to that...the pics are from the gameface site so thats how it came out! I tried another one and it came out awful... All I can suggest is the video doing the rounds (you talking about the Virtual Pro tutorial?) are perhaps bullshots of a sort? Because one thing it forgets to mention is that the hair doesn't render you have put hair on yourself...the video makes it look it does it. Best way to see is try it out for yourself.

I've give up tinkering with it as the web app runs slow on my netbook but can edit the hair etc...on the game itself...

I haven't played a Fifa since 04/05. I think the reasoning i stopped was because it felt like Championship Manager (the story-mode as such). You couldn't take the team of your choice through, you had to pick one from 3 pre-selected.