NEurope
dwarf

Fifa 10

Apparently they have improved the shooting given it more purpose and venom making long range shots more likely to go in rather than float straight into the keepers hands.

the demo is meant to be out today but it aint up yet!

Hold yours horses won't be till later in the day.

Hold yours horses won't be till later in the day.

and how do you know this flameboy???:wtf:

Because they don't do it first thing..

dammit! why not? those bastards.

EDIT: its up bitches!

Edited by Babooo

had a quick go now, seems fairly similar to fifa 09 but the shootings slightly better, good stuff though in general.

The demo is great it's a good improvement over fifa 09 it feels more responsive, the animations are alot better and the ball physics feel more 'clinical'.

Edited by The-Ironflame

One question I would like to ask: With the responsiveness of the controls, me and my mate were a tiny bit peeved with 09 regarding some of the responsiveness. Say, for example, you shoot, it doesn't seem to come exactly when you want it to. Its a problem that many games have, where the buttons are pressed but the moves aren't carried out straight-away, so that there is some build-up of missed moves.

I knew there was a way to cancel moves, although I have forgotten which button it was on the 360. Did many people have this problem? It wasn't a huge problem, but a niggly one that did frustrate us once or twice. Is this tighter in the new game?

In 08 and 09, maybe others too, if you pressed L2/R2 or the triggers on the 360 pad (you can figure it out) then your player stops the previous action you pressed if it doesn't happen quickly or you change your mind as the player is running for it.

Then there's the fake which is when you hold down circle but then press x. These aren't really effective because dummying has no use against AI or human players.

What they should do for shooting is animate the shooting leg movement from every stance a player could be in and when you hold the shoot button you see the leg pulling back and then as you let go the boot swings. At the moment the leg moves after you've let go.

In 08 and 09, maybe others too, if you pressed L2/R2 or the triggers on the 360 pad (you can figure it out) then your player stops the previous action you pressed if it doesn't happen quickly or you change your mind as the player is running for it.

Then there's the fake which is when you hold down circle but then press x. These aren't really effective because dummying has no use against AI or human players.

What they should do for shooting is animate the shooting leg movement from every stance a player could be in and when you hold the shoot button you see the leg pulling back and then as you let go the boot swings. At the moment the leg moves after you've let go.

That's it. :) I'm glad you knew what I meant. It was my mate's 360, so he knew all the ins and outs. Although, I won about 95% of games we played. That's skill for ya. :D

Hmm, that animation idea of yours sounds like it would cause a few problems though? What if the player is running for example? Or, what if the ball is in the air and the player then presses the button and releases? It could be more immersive, but I think it would be a very difficult thing to get right.

Yeah that's probably the reason why they have kept it the way it is, but the shooting just seems a bit too luck based at the moment. Obviously timing is key etc and the angle you shoot at (+ placement button and turning for those 1 on 1s for slotting almost every time) but there isn't enough there to make you feel like you've just rocketed a screamer from 30 yards.

Not that it's possible to score convincing screamers on Fifa 09 from that range, if it happens usually the keeper just acts like a tit and doesn't dive or something.

Just thinking about the animation thing... If they made it split second sort of timing it may be possible to implement, say 0.2 seconds a slow shot and 0.4 seconds a pelter. Then the variable stuff in between. You'd have to wait for a shooting position but that's kind of what happens now, like timing headers etc.

Edited by dwarf

Well just popped this demo on and loved it! Although one thing is obvious I need to practice! I havn't owned a proper footie game since I had Pro Evo on the xbox, since then made do with last seasons Wii version my most recent and most played footie game has been sensible soccer on megadrive and whilst yes its great its a totally different ball game to this.

I have dabbled with some FIFA 09 on somebody elses 369 though and this seems like more of the same...but thats great for me, my preorder will be staying in after this little warm up

I tried the demo, thought it was ok but didnt really notice any differences from 09. I may get the game but probably only when it comes down in price.

The game seemed a bit weird when I tried it last night. The shooting is definitely an improvement but the tackling seemed off, like there was no space on the pitch and I just kept running into people. Didn't notice the 360 dribbling thing.

Will have another go now.

I'll be getting the game, even though Villa Park won't be in it after all. :(

But, come on, EA, do the rightful thing: release stadia as DLC!

2 things I can take away from it, usually whenever you block tackle the ball flies away and another player receives it automatically, and it's pretty damn easy to score because either the keepers are a bit slower or because the shots are really that much better.

I do like the shooting improvement though. Already scored some quality goals.

I played it, it felt different to 09, but from the match i played it felt pretty much the same gameplay wise. I didn't really notice the changes they claim to have made. But then i probably need to give it more than one match but when my favourite team isn't playable in it, then it sorta limits how much i can enjoy the game.

I played it, it felt different to 09, but from the match i played it felt pretty much the same gameplay wise. I didn't really notice the changes they claim to have made. But then i probably need to give it more than one match but when my favourite team isn't playable in it, then it sorta limits how much i can enjoy the game.

EH?

guys i'm luvin this game. i have been the biggest pes fan but than fifa 09 came and all my mates played that. so i tried to get into that, but tbh i didn't really click with it.

Just playing this demo of this and i'm liking it. alot. cannot wait for the full release. hopefully this will be the fifa game where i am actually good at it and "get it".

From the demo, yes the shooting has improved (woot!) and the fact you can now run anywhere on the pitch with full 360 control is 'about time', but I can't help but feel that it is getting to the point where the FIFA series should get DLC updates more than anything. (With maybe a the retail released-option for those not online).

For DLC gameplay tweaks could cost a certain amount and DLC teams another amount, whatever: I just think that the improvements off the pitch aren't too important (to me) like manager mode...which I NEVER touched on 09. Therefore choice would be better as 'proper shooting' and the ability to move 360 degrees is something that I don't feel £40 justifies.

No doubt I'll buy it though, it's the closest to playing in the Premier League I'll ever get and in context it costs around £40 to go to a single match.

I just hope that the world cup 2010 is DLC and not another game with minor tweaks. That would be a step closer to how the FIFA model should really be.

Edited by tapedeck

From the demo, yes the shooting has improved (woot!) and the fact you can now run anywhere on the pitch with full 360 control is 'about time', but I can't help but feel that it is getting to the point where the FIFA series should get DLC updates more than anything. (With maybe a the retail released-option for those not online).

For DLC gameplay tweaks could cost a certain amount and DLC teams another amount, whatever: I just think that the improvements off the pitch aren't too important (to me) like manager mode...which I NEVER touched on 09. Therefore choice would be better as 'proper shooting' and the ability to move 360 degrees is something that I don't feel £40 justifies.

No doubt I'll buy it though, it's the closest to playing in the Premier League I'll ever get and in context it costs around £40 to go to a single match.

I just hope that the world cup 2010 is DLC and not another game with minor tweaks. That would be a step closer to how the FIFA model should really be.

I think they should slowly move towards the DLC model like they already have in Asia.Of course keep the disc based annual updates for those not online.

I look forward to the manager mode as love Football Manager and can't play it my netbook due to resolution woes...so have to settle for handheld which isn't as good....apparently the manager mode is much improved and you would expect it to be with the two main guys having background with management series such as Championship Manager.

I still can't quite get to grips with the game damn Sensible Soccer and its pinball-esque gameplay.