NEurope
dwarf

Fifa 10

Well the 360 and PS3 version have average scores of 92 whilst the Wii version has an average score of 80. They're pretty different games from what I can see, the Wii version is more arcadey and over the top.

anyone good on taking free kicks and corners? need to improve, tips and hints needed!

I'm rubbish at corners, but for free kicks, push the left stick up as your charging the power. This makes it dip, so you can aim through the wall instead of round. So long as you have a good taker, you should be able to score most of the time.

I'm rubbish at corners, but for free kicks, push the left stick up as your charging the power. This makes it dip, so you can aim through the wall instead of round. So long as you have a good taker, you should be able to score most of the time.

yeah what he said!

will give that a try mate. thanks!

As in upwards on the Right analog stick?!? I didn't know that!

Learn2read.

Oh god, I just created my game face. Looked ok on the site, so I download it to the game. And I look like a flipping burns victim. My face is some sort of horrible grey/yellow colour and the rest of my body and parts of my head are the pink complexion.. Now I'll have to waste another 10/15 minutes fixing it.

Oh god, I just created my game face. Looked ok on the site, so I download it to the game. And I look like a flipping burns victim. My face is some sort of horrible grey/yellow colour and the rest of my body and parts of my head are the pink complexion.. Now I'll have to waste another 10/15 minutes fixing it.

Yeah mine looked semi alright on the website but is awful on the game...the tutorial video on it blatantly uses bullshots of the face to make it look more impressive.

PATCH IS COMING!!!!

EA Sports has told Eurogamer that a large number of the problems reported with FIFA 10 on the official forums have been addressed or will be addressed by a new patch, which should be out this week.

"We have already created one patch based on gameplay feedback after the demo went live, and we are now creating another one that will go out this week (fingers crossed), in order to give our gamers the best possible experience," a spokesperson for EA Canada told Eurogamer overnight.

We asked whether issues with Game Face, Live Seasons, Club Mode and disconnections were connected, and whether there was any progress sorting them out.

On Game Face and Live Seasons, we were referred to EA's public posts on the subject, which include advice on Game Face usability and a workaround for people experiencing problems with Live Seasons 2.0.

For Club Mode, we were told that problems were "to do with stat-tracking and should be fixed as a result of server-side fixes and some updates in [the new patch] that is going out shortly".

Disconnections, meanwhile, are "a PS3-only issue - caused by us using PSN 'Rich Presence' - so if you had lots of friends all playing FIFA at the same time it overloaded PSN code. Fixed in Patch 2, and by reducing friends lists [in the meantime]."

Manager Mode has also been a bone of contention, with many users reporting bugs, such as the AI flogging your players without asking. Whoops. EA told Eurogamer it's "addressing a number of these issues in the next update due any day soon. Notably AI selling your players without your permission, form, goalie assists, budgets and improvements to stability."

FIFA 10's general gameplay, however, will not be altered. "We're not intending to change any gameplay," he were told. "Our Metacritic reflects that part of the game more than any and we're very happy with the quality of the on the pitch action - and the overwhelming positive feedback from our fans."

But we weren't done there. Did you know some of the kits are incorrect? Some gentlemen on the EA forums noticed.

"Every year we do our best to be 100 per cent accurate," EA replied. "That said, we are dependent on our partners at leagues and clubs providing us with the reference. It's usual that we get these for the vast majority of our clubs, but for some we do not - and they will have errors or omissions.

"Indeed, sometimes the clubs change their minds [when we've already started] building the kits! That said - all our kits etc. are approved by the manufacturers, clubs and leagues - but with a game the size of FIFA there will always be a small number of disappointed kit aficionados."

Finally, we asked what the team actually did when it was faced with problems around a game launch. Surely everyone's off on the beach by then?

Apparently not. "It's the same every year - we don't have a moment to bask in the glory of a great game," came the response. "We've had the entire team mobilised to look into nearly every real and imaginary issue that's been reported - and this has been a 24/7 effort.

"We've improved some things that we thought needed to be improved, and will evaluate other reports as they come in. As I say - we're continuing to monitor, and our second update is proof that we've not 'fired and forgotten' about the game.

"We want to make sure people are not just going to enjoy FIFA for a few days, but continue to enjoy it for the next year at least."

Check out our FIFA 10 review to see what we thought of it overall.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/new-fifa-10-patch-this-week-ea-keen-to-address-remaining-issues

I am actually now livid with this game.. In my last 10 games I've won once. I went on a horrible 7-0 losing streak. I dunno whats going on, I'm getting mullered left right and centre, my players are like paper and fall over even with the slightest touch.

I think I'm just as annoyed with myself, as I am the mechanics. I use to think I was good at this fucking game.

I am actually now livid with this game.. In my last 10 games I've won once. I went on a horrible 7-0 losing streak. I dunno whats going on, I'm getting mullered left right and centre, my players are like paper and fall over even with the slightest touch.

I think I'm just as annoyed with myself, as I am the mechanics. I use to think I was good at this fucking game.

I hate losing at this game as well! but tbh compared to last year's FIFA I am sooo much better at this game.....i like it sooo much more than I did FIFA09. Feels soo much better! I can actually have competitive games and not just get raped over and over by my mates!

The game has serious flaws (as sad as I am I've waited a while for a reply to the thread so I didn't double post :P). This game has got obstruction and 'shoulder barges' horribly wrong, you can literally barge the player off the ball and not give away a free kick. It's bull shit and the most annoying thing ever, so many tackles that should be fouls go unnoticed.

Don't then get me started on shit like your keeper having no common sense, rushing off the line all the time, without you pressing a button, cheers EA!! Or rolling the ball to the opposing team when you are clearly telling him to throw it to the left.

Think I must have played around 12 games today, think I won about 5. It's official, I'm shit.

I got sacked from my manager mode. Lols.

I guess the disadvantage to playing as Celtic in the SPL is that as soon as you lose 2 games you're a total failure. Least now that I restart I know not to choose a stadium where it constantly rains and I can get my Virtual Pro into the team.

Well in manager mode I'm 12th with Portsmouth...my biggest problem is I don't score enough goals...draw 0-0 so often although won last match 3-1 against wigan.

I've not played manager mode, I don't like this new ethos Fifa has to be the all in one football game. If I want a manager game, I'll get Football Manager. I also dislike how most of the big achievements are centred around the manager mode.

Doing alright in Manager Mode with Korean team Gangwon FC. Not simming all my matches, playing them all in semi-pro so I'm always winning.

The team is pretty terrible. I was able to win with 1-0 and 2-1 wins. If it wasn't for deciding to stick my Virtual Pro - who is the best player in the squad by a country mile - from midfield to being up front. Along with buying a decent forward, and some player from Bradford City - who is brilliant by this team's standard - in the transfer window, I'd have probably ended up with a 1-1 draw at one point and ended up being sacked. :hmm:

It's not just the team, mind, it's also the staff. The fitness staff was rubbish at the beginning, I spent most of the original budget on upgrading that so I could keep some players going for a few matches more.

The game has serious flaws (as sad as I am I've waited a while for a reply to the thread so I didn't double post :P). This game has got obstruction and 'shoulder barges' horribly wrong, you can literally barge the player off the ball and not give away a free kick. It's bull shit and the most annoying thing ever, so many tackles that should be fouls go unnoticed.

Don't then get me started on shit like your keeper having no common sense, rushing off the line all the time, without you pressing a button, cheers EA!! Or rolling the ball to the opposing team when you are clearly telling him to throw it to the left.

Think I must have played around 12 games today, think I won about 5. It's official, I'm shit.

I can honestly say that I have not experienced ANY of these problems. Sometimes I get annoyed at freekicks for shoulder barges because I think it's just shoulder to shoulder and more strength. But I haven't had any of the problems.

I can honestly say that I have not experienced ANY of these problems. Sometimes I get annoyed at freekicks for shoulder barges because I think it's just shoulder to shoulder and more strength. But I haven't had any of the problems.

You've got to be joking, right? The keeper AI has been one of the most talked about flaws in the game on several boards I've visited. The fact you can't go a game without the keeper hopelessly being off his line and the opposing player attempting the lob. It happens far too often.

You've got to be joking, right? The keeper AI has been one of the most talked about flaws in the game on several boards I've visited. The fact you can't go a game without the keeper hopelessly being off his line and the opposing player attempting the lob. It happens far too often.

I gotta say that I don't really have a problem with keepers. Was playing against my mate yesterday and on numerous occasions my keeper came rushing out but I was glad cos if he didn't, then my mate would have most likely scored. Maybe cos my mate uses the lofted through balls alot and that makes the keeper come out quickly, but in my experience of keepers they've done it cos it was necessary!

The shoulder barging is a bit annoying as well though.

If he starts coming out himself just commit to it and pull him right out. More often than not he wins the ball at the strikers feet anyway, or is too close to get lobbed.