NEurope
dwarf

Fifa 10

The soundtrack isn't too bad. Yeah, there are some shit tracks but there are a few that are growing on me.

Another thing I love about this game is the banter between Tyler and Gray before a Villa v. Birmingham derby. In one, Tyler acknowledges Gray's status as a 'Villa Legend' and another one is of Andy talking about how he almost joined Blues but decided against it because he'd already played for the Villa. (Although that didn't stop him from playing for both Wolves and West Brom.)

I don't know if they do the same for the yam-yam derby, or maybe even the Merseyside derby. But it's a brilliant little touch, IMO. :grin:

54) In the Squad Management screen before a fixture, set it to display the OVR rather than fatigue bar, then select a reserve and swap him with another reserve. I've seen both of their OVRs change.

this game is full of bugs, but the OVR changes based on the slightest of difference of position they play in, play him in the correct pos and you get the correct OVR.

54) In the Squad Management screen before a fixture, set it to display the OVR rather than fatigue bar, then select a reserve and swap him with another reserve. I've seen both of their OVRs change.

this game is full of bugs, but the OVR changes based on the slightest of difference of position they play in, play him in the correct pos and you get the correct OVR.

I've had it though where I've put a player on the bench then returned him to the first team and his OVR goes up or down...happened with utaka was 73 when I moved him out of team changed mind put him back in and he was down at 71

Oh well, Looking on the EA Boards, im getting pissed off reading all the bugs!!! awful.

I found a stupid bug, I was Carlisle United, second in League 1, 2 Points behind Harletpool, won my match, checked the results at the end, hartlepool won as well, so I should still be the same points behind, I was infact 3 points ahead!!!

It annoys me so much, like some people are saying, Game face is not just beta, Manager Mode is as well, they say the improved it, I dont see any improvements in it.

Oh well, Looking on the EA Boards, im getting pissed off reading all the bugs!!! awful.

I found a stupid bug, I was Carlisle United, second in League 1, 2 Points behind Harletpool, won my match, checked the results at the end, hartlepool won as well, so I should still be the same points behind, I was infact 3 points ahead!!!

It annoys me so much, like some people are saying, Game face is not just beta, Manager Mode is as well, they say the improved it, I dont see any improvements in it.

Yup for me the improved Manager Mode and Live Seasons were two major selling points and neither are working properly...

As much as I love Sunderland I just cannot play as them as they are very slow - looks like I'm going to have to find a team with more pace as that is where it seems that the goals lie. I really want to like this but as I posted earlier, against anyone that isn't AI the pressing game renders this into a game of ping pong. Few of my mates are all let down by this years outing too citing the shooting and movement is great but the games don't seem to play realistically.

I miss PES '06. :(

are you playing games on assisted controls? I only really notice ping pong action when you get two players on assisted when all they trying to do is go forward.

For real simulation you need to play FIFA on full Manual controls. It opens the game up as you can try and put the ball wherever you want. The only problem is that it is very hard. I wish I could do it but when playing on Manual my passing sucks and my shooting is so bad. I am hitting the the corner flag it is that bad.

You make a good point on the pressing. Players online exploit this as EA still do not punish constant pressing players enough. I dont mind if someone wants to press me non stop but if so he should be losing more energy than he does in the 90mins. I personally dont bother with the pressing tactics as it doesnt suite my game.

Like I have said before when playing human vs human you should at least play on semi controls. Dont go down the assisted route!

Edited by khilafah

Elaborate? I like this thought of the two games playing very differently but someone having advice on both.

Both games are extremely different mate!

I think the main difference between the 2 is just the style of each game that you have to get used to. PES is very much an arcadey type of game where everything happens very quickly. Pass, pass, pass, bang! Its literally like that. FIFA on the other hand takes a different approach and tries to simulate a real game of footy. The pace is MUCH slower when compared to FIFA so you have to place passes and actually think about what you want to do before getting the ball.

FIFA is now at that point where it mimics a game of footy whilst at the same time making it fun to play. This on top of the usual polish you can expect from the title (licenses, graphics etc) as well as the new dribbling system (which is extremely impressive) and I'm sold!

PES on the other hand, hasn't moved with the times. Players move unrealistically, the pace of the game too fast and if I'm being honest, it just doesn't feel right anymore.

The only thing that really bugs me, is how weak players are on the ball, it's too easy to tackle (bar the 6 players that are TOO GOOD in the game)....

Also what I hate is if you play Be A Pro it puts you in the team and keeps you there. SO even when I play online or whatever, my character is in the starting line up. Absolutely idiotic decision by EA

Urgh...management mode is such a ball ache. I've had points disappear etc....but other that be a pro what else is there single player that offers long term challenge?

Can you save goals on the game? Ive seen people linking to videos on the EA website. I don't get it?

Anyone fancy a game today?

Also, how do you play league matches?

Can you save goals on the game? Ive seen people linking to videos on the EA website. I don't get it?

Anyone fancy a game today?

Also, how do you play league matches?

1) Yes you can upload press square for instant replay and then you can save it from there.

2) Yes I fancy a game

3) Go into the League and pick standings it shows you the standing as well as whose online. From there you can send a league match invite...

Fancy playing a league match?

yeah. league game it is

I've invited you to a game

You always disappear when we say we'll have a game :)

yeah. league game it is

I've invited you to a game

You always disappear when we say we'll have a game :)

lol sorry am here now...just gotta swap discs

The league has started and Spurs go 6 points clear!!

Everyone with the PS3 version needs to join the league and tapedeck and Pac need to get online!!

So I only just got around to creating a Virtual Pro. Is there anyway I can add him into my squad for my Manager Mode save without restarting?

I've tried sorting my gameface...but it says "Does not support this operating system" I'm guessing it's my safari, but also tried it with firefox... BOO!!

What you got it on Gizmo?

Everyone with the PS3 version needs to join the league and tapedeck and Pac need to get online!!

Good games....was a bit miffed in the first game though, lag meant that I couldn't do anything about the first goal...think my keeper saved it and then it just appeared in the back of the net, had to watch the replay to see what the hell happened.

So I only just got around to creating a Virtual Pro. Is there anyway I can add him into my squad for my Manager Mode save without restarting?

Unfortunately not!!!!!!! rubbish from EA that.

How can you join the league?? I'm quite new to all of this tbh...

Go to online play modes. Friends Leagues...and search for NEurope Super League or NESL and it will come up.

Ah, YOU'RE DrChaos... there are people I'm friends with I have no idea who they are!!

Anyone fancy a game?

I've started manager mode, seeing what it's like - Never played it on 09.

Playing in the K-League as Gangwon FC - a 1/2 star team, but adding my virtual pro has turned them into a 1 star team -and I've already discovered a cock-up:

My objective is to 'Avoid relegation'. But the K-League does not have a promotion/relegation system with the lower Korean leagues... :hmm:

I know, I know, 'tis feck all, but still...

Edited by Roostophe

Question!!!!!!!!! Which has probably been asked a million times before but hey ho! What system should I get FIFA on? ive played the PS3 demo and like it but I'm used to FIFA 2009 on the xbox. Are there any features missing on one version? Thank you!

Question!!!!!!!!! Which has probably been asked a million times before but hey ho! What system should I get FIFA on? ive played the PS3 demo and like it but I'm used to FIFA 2009 on the xbox. Are there any features missing on one version? Thank you!

Nah they are both as bug ridden as each other :P

I've tried sorting my gameface...but it says "Does not support this operating system" I'm guessing it's my safari, but also tried it with firefox... BOO!!

What you got it on Gizmo?

Haven't done the gameface thing, just made a face in the editor.

Unfortunately not!!!!!!! rubbish from EA that.

Well thats a sack of shit then.