NEurope
dwarf

Fifa 10

logo_fifa10.jpg

It's Fifa 0....hhhh, wait it's just Fifa 10! And it looks like it's going to be awesome. Check out the site below, has countdown, features and interview video.

Appears to be better collisions and facial detail, as always, and they are keeping to tradition by getting Rooney's face all wrong.

However the most important and cool aspect is 'full 360 degree control' so now the players are less set on tracks so to speak, allowing for greater freedom. By the sound of IGN's hands-on they enjoyed this liberty so I'm looking forward to it.

http://fifa.easports.com/enGB/home.action

I'm getting this one because I buy a new footy game every 2 years, best local multiplayer game for the new generation systems in my view.

Brilliant. Gonna be keeping an eye on this, 09 was sublime. As far as footy games go, it's one of the best.

I switched to FIFA last year but I still really miss the weight in ProEvo and especially all the shot modifiers.

Fuck 360 degree control, give me a virtual Villa Park to play in for fuck's sake!

Fuck 360 degree control, give me a virtual Villa Park to play in for fuck's sake!

I've played Fifa 09 on the 360, as my housemate had it, but I didn't play it indepthly by myself. Do you still only really get 4 or 5 stadiums for each country?

Fifa has always had brilliant presentation, imo. The players, the atmosphere, but that is an area I think they could improve upon. Having all the stadiums for clubs would be great. It would take a ridiculous amount of disc space, though...so maybe all the stadiums for top tier clubs in each league? So, Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, etc.

09 was brilliant, though. The gameplay was excellent, and it is just my cup of tea more so than Pro Evo these days. I'll play every football game I can, but Fifa has really come in leaps and bounds the last few years. Love 08 on the Wii and love 09 on the 360. :)

One thing I find is that the shooting doesn't seem quite right for me, especially shooting from outside the box. Maybe there's something you can do, like an advanced shot that I just don't know about yet, but it always felt like you were putting your foot under the ball rather than through it. I did score some good goals from outside the box, mind. But, I feel that's one area that needs a bit of work.

Think I read somewhere all the premier league stadiums will be on it but all I can find so far is from producer David Rutter who confirmed:

Emirates Stadium (Arsenal F.C.)

Villa Park (Aston Villa)

St. Andrew's (Birmingham City)

Stamford Bridge (Chelsea)

Goodison Park (Everton)

Craven Cottage (Fulham)

Anfield (Liverpool)

City Of Manchester Stadium (Manchester City)

Old Trafford (Manchester United)

Britannia Stadium (Stoke City)

White Hart Lane (Tottenham Hotspur)

Upton Park (West Ham United)

DW Stadium (Wigan Athletic)

Molineux Stadium (Wolverhampton Wanderers)

maybe all the stadiums for top tier clubs in each league? So, Premier League, Serie A, La Liga, etc.

Isn't this what they do already? Anfield, Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and The Emirates were all on there, hell, even Spurs' was :heh:

Think I read somewhere all the premier league stadiums will be on it but all I can find so far is from producer David Rutter who confirmed:

Villa Park (Aston Villa)

Goodison Park (Everton)

Craven Cottage (Fulham)

Anfield (Liverpool)

See, to some people, that won't matter. But, to me, I like playing as different teams. These touches are nice. :)

Heh, you can do a proper Birmingham Derby, Villan. Home AND Away.

Isn't this what they do already? Anfield, Stamford Bridge, Old Trafford and The Emirates were all on there, hell, even Spurs' was :heh:

Sorry, what I meant was the top tier as in league, in each country. I typed eet wrooong.

Can you imagine how much work must go in to mapping the stadiums and such? To recreate every little details...it must take so long.

I've not owned many football games but I did have ISS (incredible game!) and then Pro Evo 1. Then I only really played my friends football games, plus there must've been a period of 4 or five years when I went out of touch for both Fifa/Pro Evo and I remember being really impressed by the arena you get in Fifa nowadays. So I got Fifa 08, but single player is lame as always.

You can't beat local play it's just downright brilliant, even if goals are bad or whatever you get to scream and cheer and gloat, plus AI shortcomings are always hilarious and leads to inadvertant hilarious replays and innuendo etc. Man I've had so many memories, makes you feel pr0 when you rip a screamer in from miles away when really it's kind of luck.

Can you imagine how much work must go in to mapping the stadiums and such? To recreate every little details...it must take so long.

Haha, yeesss. But, it's Fifa, we need eeet all.

I've always loved how you could basically as anyone, and everyone. I've had some daft matches over the years. My brother loves playing as Saudi Arabia for some reason. Some Austrian teams, too. Heh.

I've not owned many football games but I did have ISS (incredible game!) and then Pro Evo 1. Then I only really played my friends football games, plus there must've been a period of 4 or five years when I went out of touch for both Fifa/Pro Evo and I remember being really impressed by the arena you get in Fifa nowadays. So I got Fifa 08, but single player is lame as always.

You can't beat local play it's just downright brilliant, even if goals are bad or whatever you get to scream and cheer and gloat, plus AI shortcomings are always hilarious and leads to inadvertant hilarious replays and innuendo etc. Man I've had so many memories, makes you feel pr0 when you rip a screamer in from miles away when really it's kind of luck.

I've always kinda enjoyed single-player. Had some brilliant matches like that. But, you're right, multiplayer is where it's at. Man, if I could somehow have saved allll my matches since I was about...10, it would make for an awesome collection. I've had some brilliant games over the years. One of the last games I played with my housemate, I was 3-0 down with 80 mins gone. Then, BAM, in goes a free-kick from outside the box. Then, a cross a minute later, and a goal. He was sweating it.

I got the equaliser, bang on 90 mins. He looked like he was about to cry. I was going fucking ballistic.

Thing is, we always played two legs, and I think this was one of those rare occasions where he actually beat me in the first leg, so I ended up losing overall anyway. But, maaaan, it was so brilliant.

Then, there was the other time where I totally dominated him. It was akin to a rape. I went United, and had Hargreaves and Carrick in the middle of the park. They just kept winning the ball and keeping possession. 30 mins had gone on the clock, and I was 4-0 up, haha. He then threw a hissy fit and stopped the game.

Edit: If you haven't guessed by now, I fucking LOVE football.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk
Automerged Doublepost

Hopefully they can just build on what they did last year. A few tweaks on the current stadiums (sorting out Emirates Stadium tier levels for a start) a then focus on entirely new ones.

You should see some of my video clips on the FIFA 09 website. Some corkers on there, including a goal from a free kick :o:D

Villa Park (Aston Villa)

Goodison Park (Everton)

Craven Cottage (Fulham)

Anfield (Liverpool)

Good, good. Fucking excellent.

Heh, you can do a proper Birmingham Derby, Villan. Home AND Away.

And the derby against Wolves, don't forget.

And you could count Stoke as a derby, they're rather close.

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/2617056 - Most amazing goal for me in FIFA 09 ever. Me and my flatmate used to play the game every day and it took about 5 months for the first goal from a free kick to come. When it did I leapt in to the air and shouted so loud, my flatmate just left the room out of shock. Golden moment :D

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/2135855 - FIFA 09 blooper. Not a clue what happened here; somehow my keeper dropped the ball and two of my players missed the clearence, allowing my flatmate to slot it in easily. The end is cut off but it does go in the goal.

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/1712109 - Absolute scorcher from me there. Over the head, and blam, no doubt. WHAT a goal.

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/1602318 - Cheeky little backheel there. Mwahaha.

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/1317469 - The ultimate fail. I accidently let the ball roll to my flatmate, and he goes to run it in to the goal. Neither of us know how but in his arrogance he somehow manages to miss the goal by all of 2 inches. Neither of us could believe it, absolutely epic facepalm.

if the promoted teams have stadia and st James' park has gone - where the fook is the stadium of light fir Sunderland?! shocking!!

loved 09 but the floaty ball and poor player movement meant that PES 6 was still the best game ever. crossing in FIFA was hit and miss too. meh. Would like to see a squad update for 09 as DLC AFTER 10 comes out. not gonna happen but yeah, shame.

I like Dysons idea of every 2 years getting a new sports title.

oh and Man U were WAAAY too good in 09!

Dyson, some of those videos are brilliant. Lovely free kick, and I was almost in tears at that "fail" by your mate. Haha.

And Villan: Yeeees, that was a beautiful goal. I remember seeing that. Wasn't long after David: Man of Sea made that lovely penalty save.

TeeDee: If you think Man United were great, check out AC Milan. Shevchenko was bluddy fast. My housemate and my other mate were both shocked after I demolished them with AC. Just...the pace of the team, haha.

I really wanna play now.

Fucking hell, that is fail.

That third vid of yours reminds me of Gascoigne's brilliant goal against Scotland at Euro 96.

Avert your eyes, Scottish people:

My two vids:

http://www.eafootballworld.com/en_GB/video/5249127

Hahahaha, that youtube video was immense. I love it. Fucking love football sometimes. And that top video of yours was immense! Epic goal.

I posted my reply before watching that youtube video. I knew Gazza scored after the penalty save...but I didn't realise it was THAT soon.

where the fook is the stadium of light fir Sunderland?! shocking!!

I know... Shocking stadium isnt it :heh: Doesnt deserve to be on game

@m_fergy: You'd best your change your avatar to save embarrassment. ;)

Why would I be embarresed about supporting my team ?