NEurope
Mr_Odwin

I have a Wii, what do I do with my Gamecube?

The purple cube seems somewhat superfluous to requirements.

What do I do with it? Does anywhere accept it for trade-ins these days? It doesn't seem worth the effort to sell it on ebay, as they go so cheaply.

Id suggest you get a large hook and create a nice postmodern geeky art piece.

I'd keep it just incase you sold your Wii, glad I haven't sold it.

Keep it in a closet and see if they become worth something one day.

Store it, and if you havent got them allready try and get a NES, SNES and N64 so you can have a complete Nintendo home console collection.

Keep it. It's nice to keep it as it reminds you of all the special times you had with it.

You're not going to get much for selling it, I don't think. So, may as well keep it in your collection.

Selling your old consoles is like when a sport club move to a new stadium and the old one is demolished:

All the history is gone, all the special moments and all the historical, memorable moments vanish and remain only in the memory (and possibly on film). And the new stadium is just an empty block. But you give it time, and it will have its own history and special moments and it will become as hallowed and magical as the old stadium.

The new owners of your old console will have no idea of what special times the console had with you, but give it a few years and they themselves will have their own memorable moments with that console.

Store it, and if you havent got them allready try and get a NES, SNES and N64 so you can have a complete Nintendo home console collection.

This is what I did! :D

I don't think I'll sell mine. For one thing, it's probably my favourite ever console. Secondly, I don't know if I'll end up liking the Wii enough to keep it. I can see myself buying a Wii 2, which would probably run all the Wii games, but might not necessarily run GameCube discs.

Just out of interest, why do people sell their consoles if they don't "like it"? Surely they're talking about the software line-up, right? So... do they honestly think there won't ever be anything to entice them in the future?

Donate it to a poor GameCube/Wii-less soul.

This is probably closest to my thoughts. Keeping a piece of hardware because it might be worth something someday, or for sentimental value means nothing to me.

I am an anti-hoarder, purging regularly, and this Gamecube must either be made useful or go. I'm keeping the games though, obviously.

Just out of interest, why do people sell their consoles if they don't "like it"? Surely they're talking about the software line-up, right? So... do they honestly think there won't ever be anything to entice them in the future?

i think its a case of having a fairly expensive comodity that gets no use, could be sold to buy somthing that would get use

I am an anti-hoarder, purging regularly, and this Gamecube must either be made useful or go. I'm keeping the games though, obviously.

if you got any firneds without a console, give it to em with sothing like mario kart.

I don't think I'll sell mine. For one thing, it's probably my favourite ever console. Secondly, I don't know if I'll end up liking the Wii enough to keep it. I can see myself buying a Wii 2, which would probably run all the Wii games, but might not necessarily run GameCube discs.

Likewise, plus mine has the GBA strapped to the bottom of it, so I can play my old GB/C games from days of old.

Buy another cheap second hand GC and then tape it to the first one, now you have 2 Wii consoles! :D

No, I just sell my consoles at the end of every generation. The GameCube is probably the first one I won't sell anytime soon, as I can see the "Wii 2" completely superceding the Wii, but not necessarily superceding the GameCube. If it plays GameCube discs, fair enough, but I can't see myself keeping both a Wii and a "Wii 2", if you see what I mean?

Likewise, plus mine has the GBA strapped to the bottom of it, so I can play my old GB/C games from days of old.

Ah, fantastic, I wish I'd kept mine for the Metroid games. It's funny you should mention the GBA, as in many ways my GameCube is like my Game Boy Micro - the best machine at the end of a particular evolutionary line. I've got a DS Lite, but I don't like it as much as my GB Micro, so I can easily see myself selling the DS when there is a "DS 2", but not the GBA.

Buy another cheap second hand GC and then tape it to the first one, now you have 2 Wii consoles! :D

oh SNAP!...

Keep it, you never know when your wii might pack up, also there are a few nice things your gamecube can do that your wii cant. Play GBA games via gameboy player port, LAN play etc

It's gone! Traded it in at Blockbusters and used the credit to buy Metroid Prime 3.

I sold my old GC to my mate, i lent him MGS:TS and TP. He's looking about for a few games for the console, i recommended Mario Kart to him and Mario Sunshine. I sold it for more than you would get in a trade-in, i didn't get offered much for trades

How much did they give you for it there?

£7.

Better to have £7 than a purple cube sat around doing nothing.