NEurope

Winger you say? what about Tosic?? He is quality and still very young. I think he will get a few more games this year and could possibly be in the starting lineup the year after as a winger. Nani now needs to prove himself too and with Ronaldo gone he can pick up the baton and show his worth.

I reckon Fergie will go ahead and get Valencia and Benzema for sure now Tevez has gone.

And don't forget Hargreaves for CM! He'll be back. :)

David Silva? Maybe too weak for the EPL. However I still feel Fergie has been working towards a 4-3-3. I can't see Fletcher running the Left Mid but then again we do have Tosic, Anderson (did play there for Porto), Nani etc. I would rather a natural left footer on the left.

I do hope fore Benzema, the boy has bags of talent at fergie could bring the best from him for years to come.

Winger you say? what about Tosic?? He is quality and still very young. I think he will get a few more games this year and could possibly be in the starting lineup the year after as a winger. Nani now needs to prove himself too and with Ronaldo gone he can pick up the baton and show his worth.

I reckon Fergie will go ahead and get Valencia and Benzema for sure now Tevez has gone.

And don't forget Hargreaves! He'll be back. :)

Well, out of Tosic and Ljajic, it's the latter who seems to be getting more praise. Some have also suggested that Tosic was really "part of the deal to ensure that Ljajic was kept happy", although I don't know how accurate those reports are. Nani really just lived in Ronaldo's shadow, and it doesn't really help when he was dubbed "Little Ronaldo", poor guy had an inferiority complex. The problem again is that he really just needs to play more games, get more accompanied to the team...and more importantly, work on his end product. When Nani is good, he is very good. When he's bad...jesus fuck.

The problem with Valencia and Benzema is that there's no guarantee that deals and approaches will be made for them. We were even liked to Benzema last season. It doesn't mean much unless something firm is in place. I'd like to see them both here, but who knows. Also, there's guarantee they'll both fit in with the team.

Hargreaves back in the team would be bluddy amazing, but there's problems with that, too. First off, there's no guarantee that he will be playing football at all next season, let alone the start of the season. His injury is one that's plagued him for so long, and I'm secretly pretty worried he won't be back at all for United. It really could happen. Secondly, there's also the worry that if he does come back from his injury, he will only then be able for a few seasons further. Thirdly, there's also the problem that he may not ever be back to his best, due to his injury.

I'll be absolutely gutted for Hargreaves, and something in my heart just tells me that next season will be a difficult one for him, even if he does play.

David Silva? Maybe too weak for the EPL. However I still feel Fergie has been working towards a 4-3-3. I can't see Fletcher running the Left Mid but then again we do have Tosic, Anderson (did play there for Porto), Nani etc. I would rather a natural left footer on the left.

I do hope fore Benzema, the boy has bags of talent at fergie could bring the best from him for years to come.

United do have a habit of "filling their players out" when they come here. Look at the earlier photos of Ronaldo, haha. He was a twig. :heh:

I'd rather play Anderson in the middle, and have Fletcher out on the wing, although they both can be interchanged. I think Fletcher would provide better cover for when Evra gets forward, mind. He works very hard, so I could see him getting forward and then back again very well.

Both the Serbian kids seem good (well Tosic is a bit older but whatever) but that is what they are, they are still young. Just because we see the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo being 21-22 etc and world-class does not mean that everyone will be like that, and this is what I hope Sir Alex sees in the likes of Nani. Maybe with Ronaldo gone he can become his own player.

Yes, United do have the ability to fill out their players. Remember when Pique left us and he was quoted saying that Sir Alex allowed the players to eat whatever they liked, Burgers to Pizzas, as much as they wanted. I suppose if they are active enough they can turn in into muscle mass. Pique himself is really a great example of this. You compare him now to what he was a few years ago and the boy has really filled out and this is party why he is Barcelona's and Spain's first choice centre back.

I do hope that this is the end of Hargreaves problems, he would be like a new signing alone if we get him back this year.

Both the Serbian kidss seem good (well Tosic is a bit older but whatever) but that is what they are, they are still young. Just because we see the likes of Rooney and Ronaldo being 21-22 etc and world-class does not mean that everyone will be like that, and this is what I hope Sir Alex sees in the likes of Nani. Maybe with Ronaldo gone he can become his own player.

Yes, United do have the ability to fill out their players. Remember when Pique left us and he was quoted saying that Sir Alex allowed the players to eat whatever they liked, Burgers to Pizzas, as much as they wanted. I suppose if they are active enough they can turn in into muscle mass. Pique himself is really a great example of this. You compare him now to what he was a few years ago and the boy has really filled out and this is party why he is Barcelona's and Spain's first choice centre back.

I do hope that this is the end of Hargreaves problems, he would be like a new signing alone if we get him back this year.

Oh, I don't doubt whether or not they'll both be great players in time, but at this moment it is Ljajic who looks closer to being "the real thing." It may just mean he's showing his promise a lot earlier. A bit of time and experience does wonders for any player.

It's something they seem to do well at United, and I would love to go there for a day in the camp to see how they do things. It's madness to see how well Pique is doing now. It's good to see players leave United and go onto other things, or better still, work through the ranks and achieve big things here. I'm glad he's playing more regularly, because if he was still here, he would still be our 3rd choice centre-back, at least. So, it's good for him.

Hargreaves back would be a huge boost. We miss having a "ball-winner" and that's exactly what we needed in the Champions League Final. Someone to win the ball, to take control of midfield. Also, Hargreaves can and has played out on the wing, and at right back, so he's a great versatile player. He does well wherever he plays. Whether or not he does come back and whether or not he is fit enough to feature for most of the season...I don't know. Time will tell. Finger's crossed.

This would be the same Ljajic who is 15 and still on loan in Serbia? Yeah cant see him stepping up to fill Ronaldos boots for a few years yet

This would be the same Ljajic who is 15 and still on loan in Serbia? Yeah cant see him stepping up to fill Ronaldos boots for a few years yet

He's 17. But yeah, he's on loan, but we should be seeing more of him next year. It's not fair to expect him to fill Ronaldo's boots, but he'll be his own player in his own time.

Everyone has been saying how simular he is to Kaka however watching his videos am I the only one who see's him more of a Messi/Giggs player.

Everyone has been saying how simular he is to Kaka however watching his videos am I the only one who see's him more of a Messi/Giggs player.

I definitely see the resemblance to Giggs. Likening him to Kaka though, talk about bigging someone up. :heh: I hope that doesn't come back to haunt him, with him being the next Djemba Djemba.

*shudders*

Benzema.. talk of him being worth over £20 million.. seriously? :indeed:

Benzema.. talk of him being worth over £20 million.. seriously? :indeed:

Who knows. My head is spinning with all these numbers and prices with players. Tevez 25 million, Ronaldo 80, Gareth Barry 18 million (wasn't it?) and Kaka at 59, or somewhere close to that.

McMadness.

Is anyone watching the Confederations Cup? I've done my best and think I've watched almost every televised match. The only one I think I did miss which I am sure of is the opening game, with South Africa.

Tonight was bluddy brilliant. Brazil beating Italy 3-0, and Egypt losing 3-0 to the U.S.A. At the start of the day, the U.S.A. were bottom of the group with no points...and they ended up going through, on goal's scored. Brilliant. :D Tonight was pretty awesome to watch.

Can't watch the Confederations Cup, not only is it completely pointless but the buzzing noise of all them horns in South Africa drive me crazy.

Can't watch the Confederations Cup, not only is it completely pointless but the buzzing noise of all them horns in South Africa drive me crazy.

I dunno, it's a decent competition, I think. I've enjoyed it so far, and it's good to see the big footballing countries like Spain, Italy and Brazil taking it seriously.

The buzzing horns were a bit annoying at first, but thankfully you do learn to just accept. That's the tradition there, and the competition is being held in their country, so I guess it just comes with it.

I dunno, it's a decent competition, I think. I've enjoyed it so far, and it's good to see the big footballing countries like Spain, Italy and Brazil taking it seriously.

I agree with you, I've been surprised by how much I have enjoyed the matches I've seen in the Confederations Cup so far. I think it could have something to do with the fact that the summer football withdrawals are starting already though.

A potential final between Spain and Brazil is pretty exciting to any football fan.

Edited by kyletherobot

Premier League's shit anyway, full of plastic fans, plastic stadiums, a four team league at the top and no-marks no-one cares about like Wigan and Villa making up the numbers :P

Edited by BlueStar

League one is where its at iirc. Newcastle will get a chance to experience it next year :P

Premier League's shit anyway, full of plastic fans, plastic stadiums, a four team league at the top and no-marks no-one cares about like Wigan and Villa making up the numbers :P

Will you still be saying that if you ever went back up? Don't know what those players are smiling about btw.

Will you still be saying that if you ever went back up? Don't know what those players are smiling about btw.

Smiling as their agent is holding up offers from premier league teams.

Smiling as their agent is holding up offers from premier league teams.

Isn't Taylor Newcastle through and through.. maybe he's smiling because he's proud to wear his teams shirt?..

Tailor kills people for a laugh though, so any smile he pulls is pretty fake!

Tailor kills people for a laugh though, so any smile he pulls is pretty fake!

Unless I've missed something Steven Taylor hasn't murdered anyone..

Isn't Taylor Newcastle through and through.. maybe he's smiling because he's proud to wear his teams shirt?..

There all "Through and Through" until they get relegated and a big money offer gets swung their way. Think Figo to Madrid, Think Laudrup to Madrid or possibly the best of them all Mo Johnson. Going back to Scotland after saying you never would and then even joining your arch rivals in the most intense of all rivalries, oh my.

Then again I suppose the exception makes the rule but I think he is too good for the championship.