NEurope

According to an interview on BBC's website your manage would disagree with that.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

Not to be an arse to JonSt... just a dig in the ribs with a bit of banter:

As for the whole culture of diving, it's not really in the scottish game. Yes foreign playes do it but very few Scottish born players tend to do it. That's pretty apparent on the international scene when quite often we've lost important matches because of other teams doing it.

:p

I said few Scottish players do, I didn't say they never do.

Well there appears to have been no big deadline day shocks..?

:sad:

Everyone is entitled to their opinion.

I said few Scottish players do, I didn't say they never do.

Plus McGeady is a plastic paddy, so let's just blame them!

What an uneventful deadline day....

Wasn't really expecting a flurry of activity tbh....recession has definately hit football.....minus Real Madrid and Man City out of the equation and clubs this year have spent very little!

Yeah, true. Most of the big business seemed to happen at the start of the summer. I wasn't really expecting anything huge.

Wasn't really expecting a flurry of activity tbh....recession has definately hit football.....minus Real Madrid and Man City out of the equation and clubs this year have spent very little!

Can't say I expected too much, still hoped we'd make an attempt to strengthen.

From that clip, we see that Rooney toe pokes the ball forward, Almunia leaves his arms out, which Rooney then falls over. I want to see the incident from the angle which shows Almunia from the front, so we can see where his hands are.

No.. from that clip we see that Rooney bungles the ball over the goal line, and go to ground once he realises hes cocked up. Should that not constitute as "showing intent to deceive the referee"?

Dont get me wrong, I've seen a million given just like it, and there will probably be a million more because lets face it.. The EPL isn't reknown for harbouring too many great referees :P I'm just saying, that given what happened to Arshavin in the first half, it would appear that there was a great injustice. ::shrug:

That is all, don't get ur knickers in a knot ;)

Onto current matters, pretty happy with spurs latest pick up. Though once modric comes back, im not sure who moves over :S We really have some amazing depth in the squad this year. Im surprised we've held on to so many of the people on the outer to be honest.. Surprised Bentley and Pav weren't desperate to move on :S

Edited by Jim

I'm chuffed we finally got Richard Dunne. He's a defender similar to Martin Laursen and should be able to fill the gap left by him.

So we got Downing, Delph, Beye, Marshall (reserve GK), Warnock, Collins and Dunne.

We were a bit miffed when MON bought Downing for the same amount he sold Barry, but I think those last three signings will help us with the problems in the back. Although Curtis Davies has injured his shoulder, Bouma should be back soon, plus Ciaran Clark had a very good debut against Fulham. So, along with a couple of other youngsters coming up through the reserves, I think we'll be alright. :smile:

Reading have signed Shaun Cummings from Chelsea on a 3 year deal, which means his three half month loan with us has ended. bummers.

What an uneventful deadline day....

I think a lot of the activity happened fairly early on, though. There weren't too many moves late on, but I think that works better. It means you've got more time to get the team ready during pre-season, to have that time to gel. Getting late transfers sometimes means you bring in players who just don't have time to adjust to the squad at the start of the season.

It could be down to the recession, although aside from the top four sides in each country, there are very few teams who would have the money in the first place to send anyway, recession aside. Everton have been one of these teams who just never seem to spend huge sums of money every transfer window. Sunderland in the last few seasons have seen lots of players come and go, but I don't think its a hugely done thing. Very few teams will rework their whole squad like Real Madrid and Man City have. Compare their teams that they'll put out this year compared to the start of last season, and its freaky.

No.. from that clip we see that Rooney bungles the ball over the goal line, and go to ground once he realises hes cocked up. Should that not constitute as "showing intent to deceive the referee"?

Are you saying that you don't see the out-stretched arms of Alumunia in front of Rooney, just narrowly after the ball going off screen? Its a typical thing that many strikers do. They see the goal-keeper coming out, toe-poke the ball in-front of them, just before the keeper's arms make an attempt for the ball. Almunia is unlucky, but if you watch the game again, you'll see that he shouldn't have been coming out. If the ball was bungled over the goal-line, why did Alumunia make a clumsy attempt to try and reach it? I think it's more like deceiving the goal-keeper. As soon as goalkeepers come out to get a ball like that, they are setting themselves up for trouble if they do not get the ball.

Dont get me wrong, I've seen a million given just like it, and there will probably be a million more because lets face it.. The EPL isn't reknown for harbouring too many great referees :P I'm just saying, that given what happened to Arshavin in the first half, it would appear that there was a great injustice. ::shrug:

My first reaction for the Fletcher-Arshavin tackle was that it was a good tackle by Fletcher. After seeing the replays, and seeing it slowed down, it seems more like a penalty than a fair tackle. But, as I said, Arshavin scored almost directly afterwards, meaning that this becomes less of an "injustice" as you put it. Had the penalty been given, Arshavin would not have scored the goal that he did.

What is the solution for sorting out these incidents? Video refereeing? Video replays? More referees on the pitch? Its really all talk until something gets done.

That is all, don't get ur knickers in a knot ;)

My knickers are fine, thank you very much. Maybe you should read back to the previous page, where this discussion started to see who were getting worked up over it.

I'm chuffed we finally got Richard Dunne. He's a defender similar to Martin Laursen and should be able to fill the gap left by him.

So we got Downing, Delph, Beye, Marshall (reserve GK), Warnock, Collins and Dunne.

We were a bit miffed when MON bought Downing for the same amount he sold Barry, but I think those last three signings will help us with the problems in the back. Although Curtis Davies has injured his shoulder, Bouma should be back soon, plus Ciaran Clark had a very good debut against Fulham. So, along with a couple of other youngsters coming up through the reserves, I think we'll be alright. :smile:

I do feel a bit sorry for Dunne, because you have to feel that he was out-muscled out of the squad by these new signings. But, I hope he does well at Villa, which I'm sure he will do.

There's some good players that the manager has bought in. Although, for me, the one to watch is Stuart Downing to see how he takes under O'Neill. He could be revitalised, although he is one player that I have never particularly liked in the past. I think O'Neill will hopefully get more out of him.

My first reaction for the Fletcher-Arshavin tackle was that it was a good tackle by Fletcher.

I can't deal with your whole epic post (which I applaud btw, love reading a good lengthy post in here) but this bit caught my eye. My first reaction was clear penalty, and not for the lunge, but I saw handball. When Fletcher slides his arm blocks the ball, whilst his legs catch Arshavin. Either way it should have been a penalty.

But arguing if it is given is very similar to the Celtic fans arguing had Eduardo not dived they may have qualified. We'll never know what could or may have happened, only what did. And what did happen was the Arsenal shot themselves in the foot twice during the second half.

In other news Denilson and Bendtner signed new contracts, very pleased with that.

I can't deal with your whole epic post (which I applaud btw, love reading a good lengthy post in here) but this bit caught my eye. My first reaction was clear penalty, and not for the lunge, but I saw handball. When Fletcher slides his arm blocks the ball, whilst his legs catch Arshavin. Either way it should have been a penalty.

But arguing if it is given is very similar to the Celtic fans arguing had Eduardo not dived they may have qualified. We'll never know what could or may have happened, only what did. And what did happen was the Arsenal shot themselves in the foot twice during the second half.

In other news Denilson and Bendtner signed new contracts, very pleased with that.

Haha, my posts get a bit long sometimes, and I do get a bit of stick from the female about it. "They're tooo loooong....shut uppppp."

Yeah, after looking at the incident again, it looks like it should have been a penalty under two different counts - the handball and the legs catching Arshavin. Although, I always think that the angle you view the incident from is important to determining exactly what you see. Having the benefit of seeing an incident from multiple angles and slowed down really can show you things that you don't see first time around. To me, Fletcher is ball winner, so when I saw the incident my first instinct was that he had made an excellent tackle. But, after seeing replays and such later on, and seeing things zoomed in, I didn't even see the position of the arm first time around.

I was very surprised that Arsenal did implode in the second half. I was just watching the game thinking there is no way in hell we're going to win this. The closing down and defensive display of your team was great. There was that bite there that I think you may have lacked a bit last season.

A lot of people seem to have forgotten about the two glorious chances Berbatov and Nani missed at the end. Granted that would have completely flattered Utd but they were probably the two best chances in the match.

A lot of people seem to have forgotten about the two glorious chances Berbatov and Nani missed at the end. Granted that would have completely flattered Utd but they were probably the two best chances in the match.

Haha, I facepalmed at each of those misses. Did you see that through-ball from Nani to Berbatov for his chance? It was brilliant, but I think it bobbled up infront of him, so he lashed it wide. Frustrating, because I think he would have probably scored had he started that game and been a bit more sharper.

Nani's two misses in one though was just a bit unlucky. Well, the first chance was, but he should have buried the second. I agree though, it would have been an unworthy scoreline.

Haha, I facepalmed at each of those misses. Did you see that through-ball from Nani to Berbatov for his chance? It was brilliant, but I think it bobbled up infront of him, so he lashed it wide. Frustrating, because I think he would have probably scored had he started that game and been a bit more sharper.

Nani's two misses in one though was just a bit unlucky. Well, the first chance was, but he should have buried the second. I agree though, it would have been an unworthy scoreline.

Haha yeah, I said to my dad when we were watching it, that Berbatov would make an arse of it. He needs a run of goals to get that confidence back, he's obviously not a bad player, perhaps has just let some of the boo boys get to him.

Haha yeah, I said to my dad when we were watching it, that Berbatov would make an arse of it. He needs a run of goals to get that confidence back, he's obviously not a bad player, perhaps has just let some of the boo boys get to him.

I don't even think that his confidence is all that low, because he's been playing quite well for us. I do agree that once he starts getting a few goals under his belt, his confidence will just shoot back up. It does anger me somewhat when I hear of fellow fans knocking him, but football fans can really be fickle. I've got faith in him, and I really like watching him play.

Signed JJ O-toole on loan from Watford. Adey raiding this former club already :awesome: Don't really know much about him, other then he was on loan at sheff utd last season so i'm sure he can do a job at league one level.

I mentioned it on the other page :)

Berba at the end should have done better. I don't care if it sat up or whatever, you're a 30 million quid striker you should be burying those.

He needs to score those or at least get them on target, no excuses. Another season of moping around wont do him any good. I have faith in him but in his second season he needs to start to deliver.

it's nice to see he bought some players this time :yay:

Chelsea Banned From Signing Any New Players Until January 2011

"Fifa have banned Chelsea from signing any new players in the next two transfer windows.

The world's governing body have handed down the punishment after French clubs Lens made an official complaint over Chelsea's signing of their young player Gael Kakuta in 2007.

Fifa's Dispute Resolution Chamber (DRC) has now found in Lens' favour and ruled that the Blues are 'jointly and severally liable'.

As such, the Stamford Bridge club have been banned from signing players over the next two transfer windows, which means they will not be able to bring in any new faces until 2011."

Source: Sky Sports

Wow. That's quite a lengthy ban.

Chelsea Banned From Signing Any New Players Until January 2011

"Fifa have banned Chelsea from signing any new players in the next two transfer windows.

The world's governing body have handed down the punishment after French clubs Lens made an official complaint over Chelsea's signing of their young player Gael Kakuta in 2007.

Fifa's Dispute Resolution Chamber (DRC) has now found in Lens' favour and ruled that the Blues are 'jointly and severally liable'.

As such, the Stamford Bridge club have been banned from signing players over the next two transfer windows, which means they will not be able to bring in any new faces until 2011."

Source: Sky Sports

Wow. That's quite a lengthy ban.

WOW thats really suprising that they got a ban that long.

In addition to that, the player in question Gael Kakuta must pay compensation of 780,000 euros (£682,000) for which Chelsea are "jointly and severely liable" (I don't understand what that means entirely.) Chelsea must also pay 130,000 euros to Lens, and Kakuta is banned from playing in official matches for four months.

Ouch!