NEurope

So the fixtures are out now, what do you think of your team's opening game?

Saturday, 15 August 2009

Aston Villa v Wigan, 15:00

Blackburn v Man City, 15:00

Bolton v Sunderland, 15:00

Chelsea v Hull, 15:00

Everton v Arsenal, 15:00

Man Utd v Birmingham, 15:00

Portsmouth v Fulham, 15:00

Stoke v Burnley, 15:00

Tottenham v Liverpool, 15:00

Wolverhampton v West Ham, 15:00

Pretty tricky fixture for Arsenal, but our run-in looks good, lifting the premier league trophy at home to Fulham :)

Well a hard start for Liverpool and what should be a comfortable victory for Manchester United. I like it.

I think it's safe to say Arsenal's and Liverpool's first match is tougher than Man U's and Chelsea's.

Boring!!!

We start out at our local rivals Sheffield Wednesday this season, a nice, short away trip to start the season is just what the doctor ordered.

Here is the important fixture list:

Cardiff v Scunthorpe

Coventry v Ipswich

Crystal Palace v Plymouth

Derby v Peterborough

Leicester v Swansea

Middlesbrough v Sheff Utd

Preston v Bristol City

QPR v Blackpool

Reading v Nottm Forest

Sheff Wed v Barnsley

Watford v Doncaster

West Brom v Newcastle

I thought our fixtures were great, untill I saw this.

Saturday, 30 January 2010

Barclays Premier League

Arsenal v Man Utd, 15:00

Saturday, 6 February 2010

Barclays Premier League

Chelsea v Arsenal, 15:00

Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Barclays Premier League

Arsenal v Liverpool, 19:45

That's just evil. But our last few games apart from Tottenham away are a fairly good run. Looks like I only miss Wigan at home when I'm away on holiday which is good.

In other sad news, Eboue has hinted at wanting to leave! And I was gonna get African Kaka 27 on my new away kit... the bugger.

As usual, our fixtures are shit.

New-look Wigan first at home. We've never beaten them at home in the Premier League and I reckon that run will continue.

But we've got the fuckers on 12th September. I'm bloody praying for a brilliant early birthday present.

Man City at home on 3rd October. That's a fixture to look forward to.

Again, our matches against Arsenal are close together. And we've got them on Boxing Day again!

And then, we've got Blues at home as the third-to-last match. Nearly two years after the 5-1 thrashing. Probably the only good fixture. We'll send them down that day.

Away to Norwich first day, we've got a better squad at the moment I reckon. As Norwich have about 7 players currently and any they do sign will have to gel. Quietly confident worryingly.

Edit: Looks like we have a friendly against Villa in July

Edited by Noodleman

That's a pretty good looking opening day. Overall, I think it's a good fixture list, but I haven't had a chance to look throughout the whole season yet.

Ramar: Ouch. That is pretty nasty. Better you than us though. :heh:

As usual, our fixtures are shit.

New-look Wigan first at home. We've never beaten them at home in the Premier League and I reckon that run will continue.

But we've got the fuckers on 12th September. I'm bloody praying for a brilliant early birthday present.

Man City at home on 3rd October. That's a fixture to look forward to.

Again, our matches against Arsenal are close together. And we've got them on Boxing Day again!

And then, we've got Blues at home as the third-to-last match. Nearly two years after the 5-1 thrashing. Probably the only good fixture. We'll send them down that day.

Not sure what you mean by a bad fixture list. I mean you have to play ever club twice at some stage, and you sound like you're nitpicking. If you had the 'top 4' as your first games of the season I'd understand but it's a relatively normal list that if you thought you had good hope in winning the title/gaining better position you wouldn't mind so much.

Wigan at home isn't a good fixture for us. We've never beaten them at home in the Premier League, and they'll just be wanting to prove to their new manager now, won't they?

Arsenal & Liverpool in the space of three days in the Christmas period. Is playing Liverpool & Arsenal in that amount of time ever a good set of fixtures? Even Man U would shit bricks at that.

Look at this:

27 Jan - Arsenal (H)

30 Jan - Fulham (A)

6 Feb - Tottenham (A)

10 Feb - Man Utd (H)

That really is not a good-looking group in my view. Fulham have become tricky for us away, and I reckon Tottenham will be as well.

Bad parts mean good parts elsewhere. I think fixture lists can only matter if you lose points in consecutive games against big clubs, meaning moral droop. Otherwise I think clubs should not blame anything on lists, like Ferguson (tbf he had tons this season).

And hopefully Villa players will want to prove themselves to Martin again. You can se it in multiple lights really, Wigan might not be as organised or used to playing under new manager.... What?! Brucy's left!? When?!

So as it looks like Liverpool will be getting Johnson for £17 mill soon anyone have any thoughts?

I think weve definately overpayed for him but ive never been a particularly big fan of Arbeloa so I am still looking forward to seeing him play.

Still I think we should have spent it on another striker or midfielder really. Just hope weve got some more transfer money stashed away, we need more top quality players.

Hmmm Johnson was too good for Pompey. 17 million though jeez.

Hmm, first home game start in forever and we get Liverpool. Last 5 games we have three of the top 4 and first 6 games we have three of the top 4. Pretty shite tbh. Ah well least we have Burnley and Bolton to finish.

Also, Villain, what are your thoughts on the whole JJ, AY, DB debacle?

^ I'll have Bentley, I'll have Jenas, but I'll also have Young.

In short: Get fucked, Spurs. ;)

So as it looks like Liverpool will be getting Johnson for £17 mill soon anyone have any thoughts?

I think weve definately overpayed for him but ive never been a particularly big fan of Arbeloa so I am still looking forward to seeing him play.

Still I think we should have spent it on another striker or midfielder really. Just hope weve got some more transfer money stashed away, we need more top quality players.

I think getting ourselves a striker should of been our main priority.

I'm struggling to think of any decent ones out there, that could be available, and within our budget :/

Boring!!!

We start out at our local rivals Sheffield Wednesday this season, a nice, short away trip to start the season is just what the doctor ordered.

Here is the important fixture list:

Cardiff v Scunthorpe

Coventry v Ipswich

Crystal Palace v Plymouth

Derby v Peterborough

Leicester v Swansea

Middlesbrough v Sheff Utd

Preston v Bristol City

QPR v Blackpool

Reading v Nottm Forest

Sheff Wed v Barnsley

Watford v Doncaster

West Brom v Newcastle

QFT :grin:

As if anyone couldn't see that one coming :indeed:WBA vs Newcastle

Hopefully we get off to a decent start... Stamp down some authoritar seeing as the championship can be such an unpredictable league.

We need to get the manager situation sorted first though (ASAP Mr Peace), get the chopping and changing done so that the team is prepared for the season ahead rather than still trying to gel well into September/October.

Best of luck to Tony at Celtic. I'm not happy he went but I understand his decision and am grateful for the work he put into our club.

Hopefully Peace can conjure up another inspired management choice... fingers crossed.

Barnsley play at The Hawthorns on the last game of the season again, I kindly request that you don't give us another 7-0 thumping. :)

We finally sign Vermalaen, thats one position I highlighted at the end of the season. Get us a defensive midfielder Mr Wenger and I'll be happy.