NEurope

My favorite long range efforts are those that just fly about a foot above the turf all the way into the back of the net.

I tried to find some on youtube but failed, so heres some Gerrard goals instead. Theres a couple of efforts in there that are driven low:

Listen to to commentary for the goal at 1.40 mins

"OHHHH He's hit that... How hard? GERR-HARD.

Also one of my favorite goals ever at the 4.45 mark. That shot was is just amazing.

My favorite long range efforts are those that just fly about a foot above the turf all the way into the back of the net.

I tried to find some on youtube but failed, so heres some Gerrard goals instead. Theres a couple of efforts in there that are driven low:

Listen to to commentary for the goal at 1.40 mins

Also one of my favorite goals ever at the 4.45 mark. That shot was is just amazing.

Its actually quite sad watching that video now knowing how far Liverpool seem to be dropping :cry:

Yes, again. You've come in here before and tried to cause arguments, I seem recall being called a bad winner, when I all did was praise the teams performance.

(edit)

Ah, forget it. I'm going to be the bigger man here.

Edited by Iun

*Attempts to divert attention away from impending argument*

Here is a interesting statistic Liverpool have conceded more goals this season than the bottom placed team.

Liverpool goals against - 20.

Pompey goals against - 19.

Also here is a nice .gif to lighten the mood.

ne9tv8.gif

It's Paolo Maldini’s son tackling Clarence Seedorf.

Pretty decent tackle for a kid* even if it is Maldini's.

* No peado jokes :blank:

Seen that gif a while back, if he turns out half as good as his old man he'll make a great footballer.

Ps. Shame I missed the edit. :(

*Attempts to divert attention away from impending argument*

Here is a interesting statistic Liverpool have conceded more goals this season than the bottom placed team.

Liverpool goals against - 20.

Pompey goals against - 19.

Also here is a nice .gif to lighten the mood.

ne9tv8.gif

It's Paolo Maldini’s son tackling Clarence Seedorf.

Oh well that makes me feel a bit better....

Truce it is. :)

I like Avram Grant, but it was all too obvious he would be the manager eventually when he took the director of football job.

It's true...many papers were reporting that Grant did not have his work permit and they were waiting for that to go through...when in fact its a well known fact around Portsmouth that his papers were in fact approved the day Hart got sacked...

As for Hart nice enough guy...but its painfully obvious he wasn't good enough...we should have beat Stoke, they were rubbish in the first half and were there for the taking but we just didn't take advantage...threw away the lead at blackburn. we've played fantastically but not doing the business in front of goal then dropping the odd defensive clanger and lose a match by a single goal usually...

Grant I think will give us a ruthless streak we may have been lacking and make us more efficient. Say what you like he did organise Chelsea during a post Mourinho era of discontent.

to be fair we aren't that bad off 4 points away from safety...it will likely get worse though as we face all of the top 4 before the end of the year.

El Clásico, El derbi español, El derbi, ¡El SuperClásico! or El clàssic. Whatever you want to call it, it will soon be here. Madrid with Ronaldo back it looks like. For equally sad people here's a nice video, who's that with the hat-trick? :P

Edited by Fresh

(Not wanting to drag up an argument) But I think it's only natural for Ramar to talk about his team for the majority of the time. I mean, that's the team he follows and watches more than any other, and it'll be the team he's most clued up on. Like mine is Man Utd and Dazzy is Spurs and DuD is West Brom, etc. I'm glad that a full on argument didn't take place, as a lot of other forums I've glanced at have so many members that just kick off over anything. So, it's great that it didn't happen here, heh.

With regards to Avram Grant, he was always in for a tough time taking over Chelsea after Mourinho, and I still think that the club treated him horribly. He helped them reach the Champions League Final, they finished second in the league at the end of the campaign and in my honest opinion he did a far, far better job than Big Phil did when they brought him in to replace him. I've done a bit of reading and found that Chelsea offered Avram a four year deal in December after taking over. What was the point in giving him that contract if they were going to throw him out anyway? To think that a manager can reach the Champions League Final and finish second in the league and then get sacked is pretty crap. Not to mention, he was the manager who brought Anelka to Stamford Bridge, who was their top scorer last season. I have lost a lot of respect for Chelsea over that.

Anyway, as much as I like Avram Grant, as a United fan, I'm hoping that we can go to Fratton Park and get a good result. Funny enough, Avram's first game in charge of Chelsea was against United, where they won 2-0. Maybe history will repeat itself.

Oooof, being 4-1 up away from home and the game being abandoned really hurts.

I understand rules are rules but there should be some way of playing the rest of the game on a different day under these circumstances.

I really, really hope we manage to win the replay whenever it happens to be arranged.

Oooof, being 4-1 up away from home and the game being abandoned really hurts.

I understand rules are rules but there should be some way of playing the rest of the game on a different day under these circumstances.

I really, really hope we manage to win the replay whenever it happens to be arranged.

I could have killed someone when i found out that i got abandoned. Was on such a high after coming from behind to score 4. I heard something like if you play 60 minutes and it gets cancelled due to weather conditions, that the final score counts but i guess its just a load of balls :cry:

I feel for you guys. I heard about this on Gilette Soccer Saturday and then remembered that Red_Shift was a Barnsley fan. So, what exactly will happen now? The game will get replayed in full? Will it still be at the same ground? And also, what happens with the money paid for travel and stuff, does that get refunded or not?

I feel for you guys. I heard about this on Gilette Soccer Saturday and then remembered that Red_Shift was a Barnsley fan. So, what exactly will happen now? The game will get replayed in full? Will it still be at the same ground? And also, what happens with the money paid for travel and stuff, does that get refunded or not?

Yeah if past games are to be looked at, it will have to be replayed in full at the same ground etc..If you were at the original game you are eligible for tickets for the replay for free as far as I know. Think its up to clubs discression with regards to travel expenses.

Watching Match of the Day this morning it looked like Pompey really should have gone ahead a few times in that first half, missed a few very good chances.

Watching Match of the Day this morning it looked like Pompey really should have gone ahead a few times in that first half, missed a few very good chances.

Story of our season really! There have only been a couple of games when we have genuinely played badly...against Arsenal and Hull...all other games we've certainly held our own if not dominated... Man Utd's class did tell in the end but we should have capitalized on our chances.

Ah well roll on the cup quarter final on tuesday and then a MUST WIN (although aren't they all at this point...) against burnley next weekend..

I watched the second half of Everton vs Liverpool and man was it a terrible watch! Glad of the 2-0 win obviously. Its about time Liverpool got three points again.

Nice. 3 - 0.

Had a feeling it would be a good day.

there was only really one team in that game, Arsenal had a lot of the ball but did nothing with it, and Chelsea always looked dangerous on the break and were rock solid defensively

We can't defend as a Unit and we can't handle Drogba, I feared the worst.

I was hoping for a draw but the way we defend we were going to get battered.

I predicted a 1-3 to Chelsea which was close apart from the fact we were toothless upfront Arshavin is lacking confidence and everybody else was useless Theo came on and he doesn't have a final ball why do we try to cross when we have smaller players up front up against their tall defensive players?

They defended well but we we had enough possession and attacking talent to create more chances.

Edited by The-Ironflame

Yeah if past games are to be looked at, it will have to be replayed in full at the same ground etc..If you were at the original game you are eligible for tickets for the replay for free as far as I know. Think its up to clubs discression with regards to travel expenses.

Ahh, that would be what I suspected then. Cheers for clearing that up.

Also, I thought Portsmouth were really unlucky not to get anything from that game yesterday. I thought Kuzczack (can never spell it right) was brilliant yesterday, and was probably unlucky not to finish with a clean sheet. Some of the penalties in that game were really soft, mind! I thought the first two penalties (the first for United and the one for Pompey) were very soft. I don't even think the fans or players appealed, haha. The last one was correct, imo, but the other ones were a bit unlucky to give away. Good luck for the rest of the season, as I want you to stay up.

Did anyone see Bullard's celebration against Man City yesterday? Hahahaha.

I thought Everton were unlucky not to get something against Liverpool today. Liverpool weren't in the game for long periods of time, and I think Everton just lacked that cutting edge to take charge. Maybe they should have started with two strikers from the beginning, but you can't fault their effort.

Finally, watched the Arsenal/Chelsea game. Is there some sort of law which we don't know about where Arsenal are not actually allowed to shoot whilst inside the box? What is the average height for the Arsenal team? Probably not the smartest idea to place so many high balls into the box when they're coming up against players as tall as Terry or Carvalho. Eduardo just infuriated me all game, and if I were Wenger, I'd probably be keeping an eye open for a striker in January.

Simple matter of fact is. We were crap once Chelsea had scored, before that it was all us. Pissed off to say the least, for the whole 90 minutes I can only think of one shot on goal, Nasri's in the first half. Shocking final third display.

Nice. 3 - 0.

Had a feeling it would be a good day.

My friend was at the game and he was telling me before that it was the most he'd ever paid to watch a football match. All that to see them lose 0-3. I text him at the end with the consolation that at least the seats at the Emirates are extremely comfortable :heh: