NEurope

Game finished 2-2, an Anton Ferdinand own goal in the 92nd minute. Poor bugger.

To be honest, we were absolute crap for the majority of that game. We had our moments, but that first half performance was dreadful. We should've stuck with the Anderson-Carrick partnership from this week, and we looked a million times better when Anderson and then Carrick came on in the second half.

Berbatov's goal was great. :) But, bluddy hell, Ben Foster didn't have a good game, again. He probably should've prevented the first goal, and should have claimed the ball for the second. Edwin, I miss you. :(

Hats off to Sunderland. Good performance and they outclassed us, particularly in that first half. Scholes looked pretty poor...his passing game just didn't turn up. :(

I'm glad I got the Pompey result wrong. Well done on your victory, Flameboy.

Which they did. 4 minutes of Injury time no less. :P

Goal time 92 mins, no less. :heh:

Edited by Fierce_LiNk
Automerged Doublepost

I still think that point will be enough to see Utd top at the end of this weekends games. Liverpool will beat Chelsea... i guarenteeeeeeeeeeee eeeet :smile:

Yeah, quite pleased with our performance. Man Utd were poor but they were also poor against Wolfsburg mid-week. Still got the depth and ability to crank out results but they are looking kinda shaky.

A draw against Manure and the ref is a good result though and Berba won't score goals like that every week!

/rant. Feels like a loss but can't complain.

Yeah, quite pleased with our performance. Man Utd were poor but they were also poor against Wolfsburg mid-week. Still got the depth and ability to crank out results but they are looking kinda shaky.

A draw against Manure and the ref is a good result though and Berba won't score goals like that every week!

/rant. Feels like a loss but can't complain.

You should be pleased with the performance, Steve Bruce really is a great manager. I'm a pretty big fan of his.

We got a point, which is probably one more than we deserved. In fairness to the ref, I thought he played an excellent advantage for your second goal, and for Jones' chance where Carrick made an out of this world interception.

If Berba scored goals like that every week...if only. I thought he had a good game, but the problem again is service. Why did Nani's crossing only turn up in the second half?! He improved massively in the second half. Defensively, we're not looking too great. Neither are Chelsea or Liverpool's defence. All are conceding a few too many goals. Hmm, maybe just early season suckyness.

Tapedeck, what do you think of Cana? I've been trying to form an opinion over him but I'm still undecided.

Cana already has a legendary status up here for his hard working all-round game. Some say Bruce's nose is bent as it brushed against Canas eyelash.

Both him and Cattermole are a class act together (destroyers) but alone, they are somewhat run into the ground. When the guy properly acclimatises to the EPL I'm sure more people will sit up and take notice of him (like Cattermole in years to come). He is a fighter yet can appear reckless to the opposition.

He, Turner and Catts were awesome today. If Turner improves his coming out of defense game he could be the next JT as he defends as if his life depends on it.

We've a good spine and I can't wait until we gel as a team. Bent is surprising everyone up here too - moreso with his work rate. A lot of strikers are petulant yet Bent seems like a genuinely talented, nice guy. (His twitter account is awesome).

/ramble. Good times for us all things considered.

Cana already has a legendary status up here for his hard working all-round game. Some say Bruce's nose is bent as it brushed against Canas eyelash.

Both him and Cattermole are a class act together (destroyers) but alone, they are somewhat run into the ground. When the guy properly acclimatises to the EPL I'm sure more people will sit up and take notice of him (like Cattermole in years to come). He is a fighter yet can appear reckless to the opposition.

He, Turner and Catts were awesome today. If Turner improves his coming out of defense game he could be the next JT as he defends as if his life depends on it.

We've a good spine and I can't wait until we gel as a team. Bent is surprising everyone up here too - moreso with his work rate. A lot of strikers are petulant yet Bent seems like a genuinely talented, nice guy. (His twitter account is awesome).

/ramble. Good times for us all things considered.

I remember watching the game against Burnley and didn't think he had a great game, but he has looked pretty good in most games I've seen. I haven't seen as much as you, so I was wondering if maybe I was slightly over-rating or something.

I think it was the game last week where me and my brother were looking at the Sunderland squad and we thought "whoa, they look pretty damn good." There's goals to be had in this team as well, so the main concern I guess was just if they were going to ship too many goals. Today, you looked great defensively. As soon as we conceded the second, I genuinally thought you were going to hold on for the win. My heart told me that we would carry on fighting til the final whistle, but it took a lot to break you down. Should be a great season for you.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I still think that point will be enough to see Utd top at the end of this weekends games. Liverpool will beat Chelsea... i guarenteeeeeeeeeeee eeeet :smile:

You sir, make me laugh!!!

I predict Hilario making an excellent performance tomorrow, as well as Joe Cole.

I even hope Zhirkov (hah, what a name) makes his appearance instead of Malouda. I think Chelsea needs some fresh players and not playing the same team over and over again.

My prediction Chelsea - Liverpool: 2-0

You sir, make me laugh!!!

I predict Hilario making an excellent performance tomorrow, as well as Joe Cole.

I even hope Zhirkov (hah, what a name) makes his appearance instead of Malouda. I think Chelsea needs some fresh players and not playing the same team over and over again.

I thought Malouda has had a good season so far? If he's playing well, why drop him?

:) Great win for Barnsley again today, two wins on the bounce. Bring on Donny please.

Gotta say that I feel for Ipswich fans though, it doesn't feel good being on the wrong end of a 96th minute winner.

I'm glad it happened to Keane though, he does deserve it.

I thought Malouda has had a good season so far? If he's playing well, why drop him?

I'm not denying he is, he's having quite a good season. I just would like to see what Zhirkov is capable of... he's a lefty, so what better position to put him than on the left flank.

You see what happened last week when Ancelotti put Malouda on centre-half

:) Great win for Barnsley again today, two wins on the bounce. Bring on Donny please.

Gotta say that I feel for Ipswich fans though, it doesn't feel good being on the wrong end of a 96th minute winner.

I'm glad it happened to Keane though, he does deserve it.

I was watching Gilette Soccer Saturday when they said somebody had scored. I heard that Ipswich were putting you under immense pressure, so I thought they had won it. But, you did eet. Funny enough, my first thought was "Red shift will be pleased. Poor Keano."

I'm not denying he is, he's having quite a good season. I just would like to see what Zhirkov is capable of... he's a lefty, so what better position to put him than on the left flank.

You see what happened last week when Ancelotti put Malouda on centre-half

I too am curious about Zhirkov, but I don't think this would be the right game for him at all. Talk about a baptism of fire. Imo, its a big clash, so you have to go for full strength. It's not really a game where you can say "ok, lets see what this person can do." At least in my opinion anyway. After the loss last week and the not-so-great performance midweek, I'm guessing Ancelotti will want a great performance from Chelsea tomorrow.

Arsenal football at it's best. An Amazing attacking display but shakey at the back still, but 6 - 2 after going behind twice is quite a feat and 6 different goalscorers.

Just thought I'd put my Pompey thoughts down here...we are win tomorrow 2-0 its time for our luck to turn....as for soap opera that is Al Fahim and his being rushed to hospital with kidney stones...what a penniless prick.

On the stuff about Harry...I heard on Monday that an un-named premiership manager had been arrested thought to be Redknapp... Peter Storrie has apparently been called in for future questioning as well...Further rumour has it that this sundays News of the World will have a massive exclusive on it.

Looks like I was right! Notw running this story on back pages today;

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/football/533560/Harry-Redknapp-is-set-to-be-quizzed-again-by-Revenue-and-Customs-this-week.html

HARRY REDKNAPP is set to be quizzed AGAIN this week by Revenue and Customs over his offshore accounts.

Lawyers and investigators are expected to hold a summit meeting tonight to agree on further lines of questioning.

It is hoped this latest grilling will help finally complete the two-year probe started by the City of London Police.

Former Portsmouth boss Redknapp, who strenuously denies any wrong-doing, is being investigated over "tax issues" alongside Pompey chief executive Peter Storrie and former chairman Milan Mandaric.

On Friday, Leicester City chairman Mandaric was interviewed by police when he answered his bail.

Interviews with Redknapp and Storrie are to follow within the next few days. Spurs boss Redknapp was arrested in November 2007 as part of a corruption inquiry.

The investigation has focused on a number of transfer deals at Portsmouth and Birmingham.

But earlier this year the Crown Prosecution Service handed the files to HMRC, indicating the investigation related to tax matters rather than fraud.

Redknapp, 62, is expected to be invited with his lawyers to attend another meeting with the HMRC.

A source said: "He has been told he is likely to be called in for further questioning next week.

"He is keen to get this whole thing cleared up so he can move on and put the ordeal behind him."

The latest development in the corruption probe may have prompted a whispering campaign that Redknapp was poised to leave Spurs. He has denied the rumours, branding them "just a load of rubbish."

On Friday bookies slashed the odds on Redknapp being the next Premier League boss sacked from 50-1 to 5-4 ON despite Spurs enjoying their best start to a season for 50 years.

Redknapp, Mandaric and Storrie were arrested on suspicion of conspiracy to defraud and false accounting.

The three are still waiting to learn their fate, although a final decision is expected in the next month.

A source said: "It would be foolish to rule out charges."

The Revenue and Customs Prosecutions Office is reviewing evidence in relation to the trio before deciding whether to bring criminal proceedings.

This is why the odds tumbled as rumours persist that he will face charges for this and as a result be forced to leave spurs. Thats the rumours going round pompey, all these rumours that he is part of consortium buying Pompey are bollocks and likely a cover up to prevent the truth coming out till now..

This is the deal causing so many of the problems;

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/sport/tottenham/533533/DISPUTE-OVER-CROUCH-TRANSFER-PAYMENT-Harry-Mandaric-put-my-Crouch-deal-cash-in-Monaco-bank.html

Fabregas was amazing today, and its always good to see a Fat Sam team get destroyed.

I was about to ask what happened to Cech but I realised the red :nono:.

Hilario is craaaaaaaaaaaaap

LOL! Hilario played quite a good match today, he didn't have much to do, but the saves he made were very important...

Props to Drogba and the back four, Ashley Cole in particular, what a match from him today!!

Fabregas was amazing today, and its always good to see a Fat Sam team get destroyed.

Outstanding performance by Cesc, shit thing was I've forgotten to change him back to captain on my dream.. v_v

Quality match today, not usually much noise when clubs like Blackburn who bring hardly any fans come down. But it was quite lively today, cured my mild hangover.

Looks like I was right! Notw running this story on back pages today;

I'm a bit shocked that they went ahead and did that. Does he still have a column with them, or have I lied? Isn't he doing these adverts for The Sun at the moment with Ian Wright? Aw well...I'mma take a read soon.

Watched the Arsenal game aganst Blackburn. They were in a completely different class to Blackburn. Defensively, I thought Blackburn were absolutely shocking. Watched the game with my brother and at times there were between 5 and 7 Blackburn players in and around their box, without a single player making a challenge. Walcott was completely unmarked for his goal...you defend like that against Arsenal, and you're asking to get ripped apart. As Noodles said, Fabregas was brilliant today.

Also watched the Chelsea/Liverpool game. I think the right team won. There were many occassions where (particularly the second half) where I was shouting at the telly for Liverpool to use width to get behind Chelsea, particularly when some space opened up down Liverpool's right hand side. Liverpool looked pretty sluggish on the ball and their wide players just didn't cause as many problems as I thought they would have.

Before the game, I thought about which Drogba would turn up today. The one who would spend half the game on the floor, or the one who would be a driving force and cause disruption to Liverpool's backline. It turns out both did, heh. I'm a bit annoyed that Yossi didn't bury that chance at the end, as that would have meant my prediction would have come truuuue. You fail, Yossi.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

Two out of two, Foxfear! Colour me impressed :D

Nice. It's always a pleasure to beat Liverpool.

Absolutely. Was watching the match, the first match I've been able to really settle in to as it happened to fall on one of my few days off from work and I'm glad I did :D Hilario played fantastically. I think it might do Cech good to have a few games out, as he's been looking a bit shaky lately anyway. Happy with the result; and top of the league for the end of the weekend :D

Disclaimer: I actually mean Chelsea will win.

Did you not read the disclaimer that i obviously haven't just added..? :p

Edited by DuD

Did you not read the disclaimer that i obviously haven't just added..? :p

What a dud post. :D

:red:

I've gotta admit i expected better from Liverpool today. Fair play to Chelsea, they deserved the points.

This may sound strange, but it didn't seem like a 2-0 to me. Probably because we weren't the clearly dominant side. right at the end, Liverpool tried to step up a gear and "Yossi" as he can now be called thanks to Flinky, missed a great chance. The first goal was actually really clever, because Reina would have got the shot covered had it been an expected toe punt forwards, Anelka guessed this and went the other way!

I was impressed. Always nice to beat Liverpool :)

This may sound strange, but it didn't seem like a 2-0 to me. Probably because we weren't the clearly dominant side. right at the end, Liverpool tried to step up a gear and "Yossi" as he can now be called thanks to Flinky, missed a great chance. The first goal was actually really clever, because Reina would have got the shot covered had it been an expected toe punt forwards, Anelka guessed this and went the other way!

I was impressed. Always nice to beat Liverpool :)

Haha, typing the surname gives me a tiny bit of trouble. Although I'm sure it's spelled Benayoun? It just seemed like a mouthful, so Yossi seems easier. Like Harry instead of Redknapp, haha.

In all fairness, it wasn't a classic encounter at all today. Probably why it didn't feel like a 2-0. If one team was going to win it, in my opinion it was always going to be Chelsea. They looked more threatening, and if it were not from a good display from Mascherano (unlucky in the build up to the first goal) then I think Chelsea would have eaten Liverpool alive in the midfield area.