NEurope

Could just create a league and use this tbh: http://iknowthescore.premierleague.com/

Ooo, lets use that! :D

Nando, that idea is awesome. I'd like to do this predicting on a weekly basis. :)

Fresh: I hope you're right with that United prediction. :)

Although, ufufufufufufufufu. Man City beating Arsenal, Stoke leading against Chelsea, and goals in the Portsmouth game. Noooooo. My predictionsssss. *melts*

What...a...game. Game of the season for me; Man City were scintillating, with Arsenal having a good few spells as well.

What...a...game. Game of the season for me; Man City were scintillating, with Arsenal having a good few spells as well.

My brother and I were following Gilette Soccer Saturday. Our mouths both dropped when the third and fourth City goal went in. We both thought Arsenal were going to blitz them in the second half, and they seemed to start really brightly. Didn't Van Persie hit the post twice in the last 5 minutes?

I can't wait to watch it on MotD tonight. It's been a high scoring day.

Chelsea are just late comeback kings. They always seem to get a winner in injury time.

You'll be hard-pressed to find someone who will say that they didn't deserve it, though. It just seemed like 45 minutes of Chelsea pounding on Stoke's door in that second half.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk
Automerged Doublepost

My brother and I were following Gilette Soccer Saturday. Our mouths both dropped when the third and fourth City goal went in. We both thought Arsenal were going to blitz them in the second half, and they seemed to start really brightly. Didn't Van Persie hit the post twice in the last 5 minutes?

I can't wait to watch it on MotD tonight. It's been a high scoring day.

You'll be hard-pressed to find someone who will say that they didn't deserve it, though. It just seemed like 45 minutes of Chelsea pounding on Stoke's door in that second half.

Yer, exactly as I heard it. Quite funny when I get three Arsenal mates with Facebook statuses about the Chelsea game, as if we don't know what they're doing.

Fuck, United 1-0 down after a minute. :(

Come onnnn,United!

Giggssssssyyy! Thank You, Grandfather Time. :D

Andersonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnn! Fuck yes. :)

Saw Defoes goal.

Super goal, didn't see the other goals.

Very happy with our 4-0 win, it was a tricky match imo, and suprised that Benayoun scored a hattrick :o

3-1 Final Score. Great result. :)

I can't believe we went a goal down so early on. Tottenham completely took us by surprise, and Defoe's finish was brilliant.

But, I think it may have shock us into action. From then on, the midfield suddenly started to work. Scholes was pulling all the strings in midfield, and Berbatov had another good game, I thought. Linking up midfield with attack, and they were the source for our creativity.

Great free-kick by Giggs, and I blew the roof down when Anderson scored. :)

The sending off pissed me off. Paul Scholes was probably one of the best players on the field today, arguably the man of the match. However, when he doesn't have the ball, his tackling is god awful. Nowadays, he doesn't seem to bother tackling and just makes lunges and so forth. He's got a bad yellow card and red card history for a reason.

I honestly thought the sending off would drive Spurs on to win, and I know Crouch hit the bar somewhere in the second half. But, they looked a bit tired, I thought. Evra had control of Lennon in this game, whereas it was the other way around in past encounters. I don't think the option to play Crouch, Keane and Defoe worked, but maybe Spurs fans will feel differently about that.

Rooney's goal at the end sealed it, and he's continuing his fine goal scoring run. Just one thing: At the end, Carrick was in on goal, into the box, and I thought "ok, here's a chance for number 4." What does he do? He looks for someone else to square it to. I love him as a player, and I rate him highly, but he needs to regain his killer instinct. He's getting far too unselfish as a person.

Saying that, there were so many brilliant performances today. Carrick helped hold the midfield when he came on. Anderson, Giggs, Scholes and Fletcher were all brilliant in midfield. I wasn't sure putting Fletcher out wide for this game was the right thing to do, as I think he's more effective in the middle. But, he was great, again.

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

Great result. I thought we may stumble at Spurs but our quality came through and Anderson finally scored on like what his 76th appearence or something.

Scholes scholes scholes the man who has never been able to tackle. He had a really good game too. I thought the second yellow was a bit harsh. But I think he was lucky not to receive a straight red for the first tackle so it swings it roundabouts.

Onwards and upwards. Big shame Chelski got another late goal to get the 3 points dammit.

3 -1 is my scoreline of the weekend.

West Brom 3 - 1 Plymouth :yay:cake

Blackburn 3 - 1 Wolves :yay:icing

Can't wait to see my dingle mates tonight, give them a taste of what they did to me last year.

Newcastle Cardiff draw tomorrow would be the cherry to sit atop the already iced cake :D

Watford 1- Barnsley 0 we are playing fantastic at the moment we can only get better with whos coming in

Watford 1- Barnsley 0 we are playing fantastic at the moment we can only get better with whos coming in

Don't get too carried away after beating us, the way we have been playing recently I'm surprised we didn't lose by a hatful today.

Hopefully Mark Robins can get a few defenders in on loan, I think our strikeforce and midfield are good enough, but without a decent defence, we are dead certs for relegation. Do Man Utd have any young defenders that they could send Robins' way?

Edited by kyletherobot

sure hope Adebayor gets banned for that rake of studs down Van Persie's face

Don't get too carried away after beating us, the way we have been playing recently I'm surprised we didn't lose by a hatful today.

Hopefully Mark Robins can get a few defenders in on loan, I think our strikeforce and midfield are good enough, but without a decent defence, we are dead certs for relegation. Do Man Utd have any young defenders that they could send Robins' way?

There are quite a few defenders who are just outside/part of the current squad who are not in the first team. Johnny Evans has done well, especially the last season, and there's the Da Silva twins. It'll be difficult to get these guys, because if anything were to happen to the likes of Evra or Vidic, then these guys are the ones who get called in.

I think you might want to take a look at players such as:

Ritchie de Laet and Craig Cathcart. Very young players, a brief game or some limited experience with the actual first team, but they do a good job when they come in.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manchester_United_F.C._Reserves_and_Academy#Current_squad

There's quite a few defenders there you might want to take a look at.

If I remember right, Cathcart played the pre-season game against Boca Juniors, and de Laet also played the very last game of last season, against Hull. So, they have played with the first team and have been solid when called upon. I doubt they'll be called to the first team anytime soon. I think Rio, Vidic, Evans, O'shea, Brown, Neville, Fabio and Rafael would need to all be injured or suspended before Cathcart or de Laet get a first team game, at least in the Premier League anyway. Hope this helps.

sure hope Adebayor gets banned for that rake of studs down Van Persie's face

It was pretty nasty. I actually gasped when the camera showed Van Persie's face. Really, really horrible stuff.

Also, the fact that he scored a goal at one end, then ran the entire length of pitch to celebrate infront of the Arsenal supporters is going to get him into at least some degree of trouble. Fans were throwing items onto the pitch. If the Arsenal fans didn't hate him before, they will now.

Adebayor was a dirty bastard in that game and a right shit-stirrer. Come on, FA, do summat you incompetent arses!

-----------------

In today's news: Well, you know. :yay:

Adebayor was a dirty bastard in that game and a right shit-stirrer. Come on, FA, do summat you incompetent arses!

-----------------

In today's news: Well, you know. :yay:

In fairness the Arsenal fans were provoking the poor guy. Yes, I know, professionalism and all that, but there seem to be few checks on the professionalism of fans. And frankly, racism has no part in the game.

Now, where's Ramar to tell us that he was in the stands and all he heard were shouts of "I say, good show Adebayor!" and "Gosh, you're decision to leave us inspires no bitterness, bully for you, old chap!"

I didn't mean him provoking the Arsenal fans, I meant about the Van Persie incident.

Thinking about it, I don't even care about him provoking the Arsenal fans, really.

Ramar said earlier that he would be away for a fortnight, did you not look a few pages back?

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuewewewewewewse me, princess!

I think they dropped it altogether so it didnt become a precedent and mean they'd have to start dishing out the same punishment all the time, especially since its only a yellow card offence on the pitch

I think they dropped it altogether so it didnt become a precedent and mean they'd have to start dishing out the same punishment all the time, especially since its only a yellow card offence on the pitch

At the very least, he didn't receive a yellow card. Even after UEFA looked at it afterwards.

To be honest, I feel like a tart for actually believing that UEFA were going to do something serious in a bid to at least punish players who dive. The two game ban was very harsh, but at least they were looking to punish players. All that they've shown is how stupidly weak that they are, and if anything it is just going to encourage more and more teams to appeal against UEFA's decisions in future.

For the football fans out there, what does this mean? Does this mean that UEFA believe that the referee made the right decision? Does this mean that Eduardo didn't dive, despite the video replay showing no contact was made by the keeper which lead to the penalty? Does this mean that UEFA knew that they made a wrong decision by giving him a 2 game ban?

Too many questions. UEFA have made a huge fuck up and now they've made themselves look completely stupid. What happens now if another player dives for a penalty next week and the referee doesn't see it? So, all this basically means that if the referee doesn't see the player, then they can do whatever they like.

Too many questions. UEFA have made a huge fuck up and now they've made themselves look completely stupid. What happens now if another player dives for a penalty next week and the referee doesn't see it? So, all this basically means that if the referee doesn't see the player, then they can do whatever they like.

UEFA have been making themselves look stupid since 1953 tbh. Can't wait to see what Platini says about this, no doubt it will all somehow be the English clubs faults.

UEFA have been making themselves look stupid since 1953 tbh. Can't wait to see what Platini says about this, no doubt it will all somehow be the English clubs faults.

I'm eagerly waiting for his response, if he even comments at all.

So, had Arsenal not appealed this decision, then Eduardo would have received the 2 game ban? Now, correct me if I'm wrong, but all an appeal basically does is allow the other side to argue their case, and ask for UEFA to look at the incident again.

UEFA shouldn't be handing out bans or punishments of any kind in the first place unless they are absolutely sure that it is the correct course of action. If they had some confidence in their own decisions, then maybe clubs would have faith in them and wouldn't need to appeal. All this shows is that UEFA do not have confidence in what they do.