NEurope

*Watches as Chelsea fans edge towards Man City*

... :P

In all seriousness United were going to buy him before Chelsea swooped in. Got lucky there I guess.

In all seriousness United were going to buy him before Chelsea swooped in. Got lucky there I guess.

I think we should have bought him before just stealing him. :heh:

He's been at the club for a while now. This has kind of come out of the blue.

Yeah, if we pull out of the Champions League and the EPL/FA Cup/CC we could just play against our reserves every week.

I suspect we'll appeal and have the punishment ban us from only one transfer window.

I hope not. More teams should be punished.

No chance in hell of that punishment standing, not against such a high profile team with a rich russian oil baron able to lean on people.

Chelsea have done their fair share of dodgy dealings since Kenyon and Abramovich has come in, only a matter of time before they were called up on it.

LOL @ Chelski. Can't really see the ban staying in force but damn I seriously cracked up when I saw it on the news.

In other news anyone been checking out our ladies in Euro 2009? Through to the semis! doing rather well.

Hopefully FIFA have some balls and actually uphold the ban. Although some consistency across the board from them would be nice. *cough*Eduardo*cough*

Like I keep saying, can't do the time, don't do the crime. Isn't that right Mutu?

:laughing:

Thats quite an insane punishment. Hilariously over the top.

Haha.... I think gobsmacked is the only word to describe my reaction to that news. We'll see if they do the full two windows..

Can they not ban city aswell..? i'm bored of them already

LOL @ Chelski. Can't really see the ban staying in force but damn I seriously cracked up when I saw it on the news.

In other news anyone been checking out our ladies in Euro 2009? Through to the semis! doing rather well.

I watched the ladies earlier. That third goal that England scored was fantastic! What a solo effort. I've forgotten the girl's name, though.

As for Chelsea: An insanely harsh punishment, and I wouldn't be surprised if Fifa woke up tomorrow and said "whoa, did we say 2 transfer windows? We actually meant....2 weeks....yeah, you're ok to transfer now. Sorry, Mr. Roman."

I watched the ladies earlier. That third goal that England scored was fantastic! What a solo effort. I've forgotten the girl's name, though.

As for Chelsea: An insanely harsh punishment, and I wouldn't be surprised if Fifa woke up tomorrow and said "whoa, did we say 2 transfer windows? We actually meant....2 weeks....yeah, you're ok to transfer now. Sorry, Mr. Roman."

AS Roma had a similar punishment, Fifa reduced it to one window after an appeal. The same is likely to happen here.

I reckon the two window transfer ban should stand but they should ease up on Gaël Kakuta punishment. Banned for 4 months and a €780,000, it's obscene. He was only 15 at the time.

Do not mess with the Blatter baby :grin:

Blatter is an absolute idiot. Anyone who compares CRonaldo's situation to modern day slavery should be shot. It's an appalling and ignorant comment.

Blatter is an absolute idiot. Anyone who compares CRonaldo's situation to modern day slavery should be shot. It's an appalling and ignorant comment.

He's an old saucepan face with hatred of the English clubs, what do you expect tbh.

AS Roma had a similar punishment, Fifa reduced it to one window after an appeal. The same is likely to happen here.

It does make you wonder what the point of dishing out harsh punishments is if Fifa then reduce it.

Of course people are going to appeal bans. Nobody wants a ban or a tough decision of some kind going against them. The whole point is that players or teams break the rules or laws of the game, and it is up to Fifa and UEFA to police things. The 2 transfer window ban is very harsh, just like I also think that the 2 game ban for Eduardo is very harsh. However, Fifa and other bodies need to make decisions and they need to stick to them. A lot of people lack trust or faith in them in the first place over the consistency of decisions, and they do not help themselves whatsoever.

He's an old saucepan face with hatred of the English clubs, what do you expect tbh.

From him, that's what I expect.

From someone in his position, I expect much more.

I love how international breaks kill this topic. Anyone manage the whole 90 minutes for the England match? I fell asleep at half time, working the night before didn't help, but it was boring.

I was at Wembey, thought the first half was ok but the second half did get a bit dull. I really think Defoe should be starting though, Heskey does ok at holding up the ball but its obvious that Defoe is getting the goals at the moment.

Argentina and Portugal both stand a very high chance of missing out on the world cup after yesterdays results. And France are currently bottling it in epic style as well.

I was watching the Irish game in a pub full of Paddy's with the guiness flowing. The place went mental when Robbie Keane headed that late winner.

I love how international breaks kill this topic. Anyone manage the whole 90 minutes for the England match? I fell asleep at half time, working the night before didn't help, but it was boring.

It wasn't the greatest match in the world, and there were some parts where I just felt bored watching it. Also, I just get annoyed watching Glen Johnson, as I think that most Slovenian attacks and threats actually came from his side. Defensively, I don't like him.

I was at Wembey, thought the first half was ok but the second half did get a bit dull. I really think Defoe should be starting though, Heskey does ok at holding up the ball but its obvious that Defoe is getting the goals at the moment.

The thing that makes me wonder with starting Defoe is that if the game is 60 minutes old, or 70, and the score is locked in a draw, who would England bring on as a substitute to freshen things up? Defences are tired around that time, and I think that's where the likes of Defoe and Carlton Cole thrive. I just don't think there is much of a Plan B if Defoe does start.

Argentina and Portugal both stand a very high chance of missing out on the world cup after yesterdays results. And France are currently bottling it in epic style as well.

It would be shocking if one of those three didn't make it. However, what are the odds that all three will fail to reach it? Might be worth a cheeky bet.

I was watching the Irish game in a pub full of Paddy's with the guiness flowing. The place went mental when Robbie Keane headed that late winner.

The Irish are great for atmosphere and getting behind their team. I sat watching a game a few years back with my friend and his Irish friends, and they just blew the roof off the place. The Dutch are also pretty awesome at that, too.

Anyone catch the Scotland - Macedonia game yesterday? I was at it... Fantastic second half display by us following a shocking first 45 minutes.

McFadden's goal was pure class. Running from his own half to round the keeper.

Anyone catch the Scotland - Macedonia game yesterday? I was at it... Fantastic second half display by us following a shocking first 45 minutes.

McFadden's goal was pure class. Running from his own half to round the keeper.

Yeah, the second half was a different game. Some of the chances we missed were shocking, especially McFadden. Shame he misses the Dutch game now.

Defoe should start against Croatia for sure. I really don't get Heskey at all; we should start with a striker that can actually score goals a decent percentage of the games they start - you don't win games by holding up the ball. Carlton Cole should start ahead of Heskey as well - he can hold the ball up just as well and actually displays the capacity to take on defenders and make chances out of seemingly nothing - as displayed against Slovenia.

I don't really understand your point Fierce_Link about leaving Defoe on the bench as a sub . The Plan B in that situation, for me, would be to bring on Crouch to mix it up a bit and unsettle the defenders. If you're saying we have no plan B with Defoe starting, that's showing a lack of faith in Heskey anyway - achknowledging his subordinacy, and raising the question why would you not start with your two best strikers. If you see what I mean?