NEurope

Great result for us but Arsenal were CERTAINLY the better team, and were very unlucky. As my dad said, "if United can play that badly and beat a top team, they can beat anyone."

Great result for us but Arsenal were CERTAINLY the better team, and were very unlucky. As my dad said, "if United can play that badly and beat a top team, they can beat anyone."

They were defo the better team in the first half but thought we came out and did well in the second. We're still missing that spark and im afraid to say it's the Ronaldo spark. But it's a great win for us which was needed just before the international break.

Berba at the end should have done better. I don't care if it sat up or whatever, you're a 30 million quid striker you should be burying those. Thought Fletcher was the best on the pitch for us today.

It was a very lucky win for United today. I was traveling from Belgium, so asked my Mum to tape the game for me, and I didn't know the result until I just finished watching it...which was about 10 minutes ago.

First of all, I was very surprised at our team selection, particularly because Berbatov wasn't in it, considering how well he has been doing so far this season in terms of performance. But, I understand that Fergie was going for 4-3-3 to match Arsenal, with Rooney going through the centre. I'm not sure if it worked for us all that well, especially in the first half where I thought nothing was going right for Ryan Giggs, and Fletcher almost giving away a penalty (although "thankfully" Arshavin scored pretty much after that, so it didn't become a talking point.

Second half, it was better with Giggs being at the heart of both goals, but we could have just as easily lost that game. However, once we went ahead, it didn't look like we were going to lose the game, as we were decent defensively.

Darren Fletcher, though...he was absolutely everywhere in this game. He really took charge in midfield, and just looked like a class act. Valencia had an ok game, but he also had a few moments of brilliance. I also did laugh a little at Eboue's dive and Arsene Wenger getting sent to the stands.

So, a below par performance, but a win. At this point of the season where United are notorious for starting slow, that was very important for us. Unlucky, Arsenal. But, I thought you looked very good defensively today. Vermalen and Gallas could be your equivalent of Vidic and Rio. Gallas in particular looked great. Good luck. God, I am so soft these days.

AND THE SPURS GO MARCHING ON!!!!!!! GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

And also, I'm SOOOOOOO pleased that dirty cheating scumbag gooner is getting banned! Wnger seems to be breed dirty diving cheating scumbags; can you remember Reyes?! F*ck me he was a c*nt!!!

Come on Man u!!!!!!

Was willing to let this go until i saw the last sentence. A supporter of the team who has haboured the player most booked for diving in recent years... Good call...

About the arsenal manU game... Wow, how do these referees keep getting starts. Focusing on the penalty... Rooneys touch was typical of the down sydrome cunt, he bungles it over the dead ball line as per usual. Realising he has no chance in hell of getting to it, he drops to his knees. AFTER the ball goes out, Almunia maybe touches his boot, but only because Rooney fell on top of him.

Sigh at decisions like that, especially after Fletcher took out Arshavin with two legs to the shin in the first half. Not to mention the shit thats happened with Eduardo this week.

Its just disgusting...

Was willing to let this go until i saw the last sentence. A supporter of the team who has haboured the player most booked for diving in recent years... Good call...

About the arsenal manU game... Wow, how do these referees keep getting starts. Focusing on the penalty... Rooneys touch was typical of the down sydrome cunt, he bungles it over the dead ball line as per usual. Realising he has no chance in hell of getting to it, he drops to his knees. AFTER the ball goes out, Almunia maybe touches his boot, but only because Rooney fell on top of him.

Sigh at decisions like that, especially after Fletcher took out Arshavin with two legs to the shin in the first half. Not to mention the shit thats happened with Eduardo this week.

Its just disgusting...

I'm sorry; I'm not a big fan of Man U either, but a few points from your post:

- Rooney is absolutely world class, not many players better than him, and none in the premier league

- It was a penalty. Did he look for it? Yeah. But there was contact.

- As for your penalty, that was too, but it wasn't two footed shin high, that's just ridiculous; and ultimately you scored from the same move; a much better goal than the penalty would have been too

- Eduardo deserves everything he gets to be honest and I hope it is the start of lots of retrospective bans. And the fact Eboue dived so shortly after is just a complete and utter disgrace... I don't know if it's because I hate Arsenal with so much ferocious passion and I just notice more; but those lot really are dirty, cheating scummers!

check the replay mate, Fletcher dived in with two knees and got nothing but Arshavins shin... It's a disgrace that Fletcher wasn't booked.. I would go as far as to say it was the most blatent penalty i have ever seen not given in the EPL..

You can't call Eduardo's a dive, and not Rooney's. It's just hypocritical...

Edited by Jim

check the replay mate, Fletcher dived in with two knees and got nothing but Arshavins shin... It's a disgrace that Fletcher wasn't booked.. I would go as far as to say it was the most blatent penalty i have ever seen not given in the EPL..

You can't call Eduardo's a dive, and not Rooney's. It's just hypocritical...

The Fletcher incident was a penalty, although initially when I saw it at full speed it looked like a good tackle. But, like Dazzy to the Bee says, Arsenal scored straight after which I think negates it being a turning point in the match. Even if Arsenal did get the penalty, there's no certainty they would even have scored it, so actually getting a goal less than a minute or so afterwards surely sorts things out?

Out of curiosity, why can't you call Eduardo's a dive and Rooney's not? That is exactly how things are. Alumunia did make contact with Rooney whereas Boruc (I think he was in goal?) did not make any contact with Eduardo whatsoever. Check the Eboue incident for reference...

When a goalkeeper comes out to meet an attacker like that, especially one who is running at full pelt trying to get an equaliser, they always run the risk of catching the player and not the ball. Did Alumunia get the ball? No. Did he catch Rooney? Yes. It couldn't be anything other than a penalty.

2mn0whf.jpg

Rooney is going down before Alumnia makes contact with him. Obviously it would have been a pen anyway but still.....

2mn0whf.jpg

Rooney is going down before Alumnia makes contact with him. Obviously it would have been a pen anyway but still.....

From that clip, we see that Rooney toe pokes the ball forward, Almunia leaves his arms out, which Rooney then falls over. I want to see the incident from the angle which shows Almunia from the front, so we can see where his hands are. Imo, I still don't understand why Almunia is even coming out for it, as you can clearly see that the ball is away from goal, with a defender shortly behind chasing Rooney.

Rooney is going down before he's touched, but those sort of penalties get given all the time

It should have also been taken into account that he was never getting the ball, his touch had already sent it out of play.

He did what most strikers would do in that situation, and wait for the keeper to take him out. It's almost an understandable dive because it's almost a stone-waller in real-time. I don't think Rooney would go out of his way to dive and win a penalty but he made the most of the situation that presented itself.

Good win for the Villa today. Quality goal from Gabby, good to have the Holte End singing his name loudly again. A good debut for Ciaran Clark in defence, but we do need to get Dunne.

Our next match is the derby game against Blues...Ooohhhhh!

Been away for the weekend so I'm just catching up on the topic.

Firstly, we self imploded that second half. Throw into mix Shrek's questionable penalty and Diaby being a mong, and some even more questionable tactics (since when has Van Persie been good for 4-5-1?), and it was bound to happen.

I'll just ignore Dazzy's posts because frankly the lad is on a pure wind up, which is fair enough because Spurs must be the highest they've ever been in the league since colour tv was invented.

Also, whats this I hear about McGeady diving? Whys that not got a mention Mr JonSt?

Edited by Ramar

Also, whats this I hear about McGeady diving? Whys that not got a mention Mr JonSt?

Got sent off for it too didn't he? ha how funny.

Tony mowbrays comments on it where funnier. Aparantly it wasnt a dive because he was just anticipating the challenge :indeed:

Tony mowbrays comments on it where funnier. Aparantly it wasnt a dive because he was just anticipating the challenge :indeed:

Guess we won't get the Scotts FA asking for him to receive a 2 game ban then?

Would appear the red tops had nothing to say on the matter either, crucified Eduardo over it though.

Been away for the weekend so I'm just catching up on the topic.

Firstly, we self imploded that second half. Throw into mix Shrek's questionable penalty and Diaby being a mong, and some even more questionable tactics (since when has Van Persie been good for 4-5-1?), and it was bound to happen.

I'll just ignore Dazzy's posts because frankly the lad is on a pure wind up, which is fair enough because Spurs must be the highest they've ever been in the league since colour tv was invented.

I was at that game and have seen it many times. If he dived, then correctly he was sent off. My first reaction on seeing it was that he didn't appeal for anything, he got straight back up, kinda like Torres against Bolton.

Why would the FA be involved? The referee took the right action and sent off the player, he didn't decide to give them a penalty/free kick for it. Eduardo got crucified for it because he cheated and gained an advantage, Mcgeady cheated and got rightfully punished. All it proves is that Scottish officials are more up to the task than there more decorated european colleagues.

Edited by Jon

I was at that game and have seen it many times. If he dived, then correctly he was sent off. My first reaction on seeing it was that he didn't appeal for anything, he got straight back up, kinda like Torres against Bolton.

Why would the FA be involved? The referee took the right action and sent off the player, he didn't decide to give them a penalty/free kick for it. Eduardo got crucified for it because he cheated and gained an advantage, Mcgeady cheated and got rightfully punished. All it proves is that Scottish officials are more up to the task than there more decorated european colleagues.

According to an interview on BBC's website your manage would disagree with that.

Not to be an arse to JonSt... just a dig in the ribs with a bit of banter:

As for the whole culture of diving, it's not really in the scottish game. Yes foreign playes do it but very few Scottish born players tend to do it. That's pretty apparent on the international scene when quite often we've lost important matches because of other teams doing it.

:p

I haven't actually seen the Eduardo thing or the weekends match,but from what I've heard I think it's good they have imposed a ban retrospectively. Yeah we wouldn't have won the tie anyway, but that doesn't make it ok.

And if McGeady dived at the weekend too, then he deserves to be sent off. I don't want shit like that from our players.

AND THE SPURS GO MARCHING ON!!!!!!! GET IN!!!!!!!!!!!!

And also, I'm SOOOOOOO pleased that dirty cheating scumbag gooner is getting banned! Wnger seems to be breed dirty diving cheating scumbags; can you remember Reyes?! F*ck me he was a c*nt!!!

Come on Man u!!!!!!

You're a dick.

Wooo, Transfer Deadline Day.

Portsmouth II looks like they'll be taking Kranjcar from Portsmouth I. There's also the possibility of David James also moving, but with Cudicini and Gomes there, I'm not certain he'll move.

Kuzmanovic gone to Stuttgart? I honestly thing if Fiorentina held on to him for another year or two they could have got big big money for him. He's a real gem.