NEurope

I genuinely hoped someone would break Eduardo's leg again after witnessing his dive. I really didn't think he was one of those players but alas I was wrong. It's not like he needed to do it either, Arsenal were obviously comfortable winners and to have to stoop to that level. I've lost all respect for him and it wont bother me if Martin Taylor wants to finish the job.

I genuinely hoped someone would break Eduardo's leg again after witnessing his dive. I really didn't think he was one of those players but alas I was wrong. It's not like he needed to do it either, Arsenal were obviously comfortable winners and to have to stoop to that level. I've lost all respect for him and it wont bother me if Martin Taylor wants to finish the job.

I'm sorrry, but I think it's sick wishing a broken leg upon someone. Yes, he probably was looking for the penalty anticipating minimal contact, but ended up being a dive. He's probably still scared of getting knocked on the ankle.

I'm not trying to justify diving, it is wrong, and I'm sure Eduardo would admit that he made a mistake there.

Would you wish a broken leg upon Gerrard, Rooney, Ronaldo etc. every time they dive??? Which happens a lot more than Eduardo diving.

It annoys me when certain players like those above get no stick at all for diving regularly, just because they play for a certain club/international team, but when an Arsenal player dives, it's all that the ITV commentators will talk about; it's plastered all across the back pages this morning. They make it seem like it was a crucial turning point in the tie, it wasn't, we were 2-0 up already from the first leg, and Celtic reallly only had 2 chances in the whole 180 mins, one from which they scored from.

I hate the media sometimes.

Grrr, soorrry, rant over.

Classy, just when I was about to post how well behaved and in good spirits Celtic's fans were last night.

We even applauded a few who were sitting near us as they left.

A really really stupid comment. Absolutely pathetic. Yeh he dived but to say that about him and the Taylor incident is just low. Can't believe YOU stooped to that level.

I'm sorrry, but I think it's sick wishing a broken leg upon someone. Yes, he probably was looking for the penalty anticipating minimal contact, but ended up being a dive. He's probably still scared of getting knocked on the ankle.

I'm not trying to justify diving, it is wrong, and I'm sure Eduardo would admit that he made a mistake there.

Would you wish a broken leg upon Gerrard, Rooney, Ronaldo etc. every time they dive??? Which happens a lot more than Eduardo diving.

It annoys me when certain players like those above get no stick at all for diving regularly, just because they play for a certain club/international team, but when an Arsenal player dives, it's all that the ITV commentators will talk about; it's plastered all across the back pages this morning. They make it seem like it was a crucial turning point in the tie, it wasn't, we were 2-0 up already from the first leg, and Celtic reallly only had 2 chances in the whole 180 mins, one from which they scored from.

I hate the media sometimes.

Grrr, soorrry, rant over.

Agree with you 100% mate. When you see English players doing it (Rooney, Gerrard) they don't make an issue out of it. But a foreign Arsenal player and its the only thing that matters to the media/press. Its absolutely ridiculous how the ITV pundits just went on and on about it. If we had won the tie by one nil, fair enough, but when we're already 2 nil up and ended up adding further goals afterwards, its a small issue. We outplayed them over the two legs.

I'm not saying what Eduardo did was right cos it was a dive, i'm not debating that. Its just the reaction of everyone (supporters/journos etc) that annoys me. Its so over the top considering its something thats been happening for a long time AND by other fellow professionals AND doing it almost week in week out.

When I see a player dive to get a free-kick or a penalty, or even to get another player booked or sent it, it absolutely infuriates me. It is one of the worst aspects of the game, for me. If one of my own players does it, I won't try to defend them blindly, because I feel that is lying. When I see players in the team I support go down easily and look at the referee, I just end up screaming in my head "Get up and play football."

Would Arsenal probably have progressed anyway without the penalty? Probably. A two away goal lead is hard to come back from. Does that make Eduardo's decision to go to ground any more right? No, it doesn't. He shouldn't have done it, he'll probably get a rollocking from the media, the fans and members of staff at Arsenal, and I do believe he will learn his lesson. If he starts to do it week in week out, then that is when we start to have a bigger problem, I feel.

However, I also do not agree with this notion that "everybody else is doing it, so we should dive, too." I believe that is wrong, and it's ruining the credibility of the game. As I've said, I hate it when I see anyone dive, whether it is opponent or my own team. The quicker we cut that part out of the game, the better.

Wishing that he had his leg broken again though, that is pretty low. Football is a game, and it should be left as a game. Breaking somebody's leg or injuring them in such a way is going way beyond the game. Should we also wish death to all Millwall and West Ham fans for causing crowd trouble? I believe that if we wiped out this mindset that we have to wish violence on our opponents, then the game would be seen in a much more favourable light. Some people just go way too far, and sometimes they don't even see it.

Edit: I just stood up for Arsenal players/fans...I am becoming much less Fierce these days. Maybe Soft_LiNk would be better?

Edited by Fierce_LiNk

I honestly don't think the tie would have ended differently. Apart from the first 20 or so minutes in the first leg you weren't really in the round, we dominated both games.

Not seen the footage of Eduardo's dive, and couldn't tell from the other end of the ground (they never show controvercial footage on the big screens(no I'm not Wenger in disguise, though I am short sighted xD)), so I can't really comment. What I can say is we played well and I won some bets (which I need to collect).

Arshavin told the ref it weren't a penalty at Portsmouth now he's a saint?..

Well I've never seen a player claim it wasn't when it wasn't. In the current climate of football there are always players looking for things that aren't there, the fact Arshavin admitted it wasn't a penalty to the ref shows some moral fibre in the game

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Seriously, what is going on with Madrid?

Letting Robben go to Munich is ridiculous. Who, on another note, look like they are going to be a serious force in Europe this year. Robben, Ribery, and then whoever they deicide to play up front could lethal.

Seriously, what is going on with Madrid?

Letting Robben go to Munich is ridiculous. Who, on another note, look like they are going to be a serious force in Europe this year. Robben, Ribery, and then whoever they deicide to play up front could lethal.

Bayern Munich have yet to win a match in the Bundesliga.. I don't think they'll be much of a force.

I am about to go tear up my season ticket for Watford. We are getting destroyed by Aidy Boothroyd. I wish he never came here I really do, forget the premiership if he takes over you will be gone in 3 years. We went to the prem and brought no-one yet we still got into trouble

I am about to go tear up my season ticket for Watford. We are getting destroyed by Aidy Boothroyd. I wish he never came here I really do, forget the premiership if he takes over you will be gone in 3 years. We went to the prem and brought no-one yet we still got into trouble

He didn't ruin Watford, you were in shit before he came, Vialli fucked up Watford. When Boothroyd came the chairman instead of sorting out underlying issues with debts and stadium ownership he got too far ahead of himself and started to splash out on other crap.

Plus Boothroyd is a decent manager, having gone to a few Watford games during the time he was in charge, I highly rate him.

Bayern Munich have yet to win a match in the Bundesliga.. I don't think they'll be much of a force.

Yes, they've played just 3 games and are 5 points off the top, that's their season well and truly over...

Bayern Munich always start slow before turning things around.

I'll admit my comments before on Eduardo were wrong, alas I was still pretty angry and said some things that were clearly bollocks, i do apologize. Though I have to laugh at who ever said he dived to because he was worried he might hurt his ankle, he never seemed to worry about that the rest of the game. Fair enough I could have understood if it was a close game but it wasn't and there was no need for it. It's looking like he'll be banned by UEFA anyway, so good to see some officials know what they're doing.

As for the whole culture of diving, it's not really in the scottish game. Yes foreign playes do it but very few Scottish born players tend to do it. That's pretty apparent on the international scene when quite often we've lost important matches because of other teams doing it.

Yes, they've played just 3 games and are 5 points off the top, that's their season well and truly over...

They weren't exactly a force last year, and I'm not too sure they've actually strengthened that much this summer. Have they?

They weren't exactly a force last year, and I'm not too sure they've actually strengthened that much this summer. Have they?

Do they really need too? They're normally their own worst enemy. Not to many other teams should be causing them problems, especially now that Klinsmann is long gone.

CL Draw:

Group A: Bayern Munich, Juventus, Bordeaux, Maccabi Haifa

Group B: MANCHESTER UNITED, CSKA Moscow, Besiktas, Wolfsburg

Group C: AC Milan, Real Madrid, Marseille, FC Zurich

Group D: CHELSEA, FC Porto, Atletico Madrid, APOEL

Group E: LIVERPOOL, Lyon, Fiorentina, Debrecen

Group F: FC Barcelona, Inter Milan, Dinamo Kiev, Ruben Kazan

Group G: Sevilla, RANGERS, Stuttgart, Unirea Urziceni

Group H: ARSENAL, AZ Alkmaar, Olympiakos, Standard Liege

Group C looking pretty tasty

That's a very decent draw for all the british teams, even Rangers could progress from that.

Out of all British clubs, I reckon Chelsea have the hardest group.....as for us gunners....awesome group!

Second time lucky. Young misses pen, Milner scores 2nd one. 1-0. COME THE FUCK ON VILLA!

CAREW! GET IN! Don't fuck this up now, Villa! COME ON!

That's a pretty good group for Man United, and I'm glad that we've escaped some of the other teams. Although, that is a lot of travel time considering the countries that we will be playing in. I hope that doesn't leave the players too tired for league games. That's where squad depth comes into play.

Group A and C look pretty great. There"s going to be some great games this year. :)

That's a pretty good group for Man United, and I'm glad that we've escaped some of the other teams. Although, that is a lot of travel time considering the countries that we will be playing in. I hope that doesn't leave the players too tired for league games. That's where squad depth comes into play.

Group A and C look pretty great. There"s going to be some great games this year. :)

I'm not too sure about your group.....you're gonna have to travel to some far off, intimidating places which could easily see an upset....I'd be weary lol.

In terms of who's got the hardest group though, I think its Chelsea....

I'm not too sure about your group.....you're gonna have to travel to some far off, intimidating places which could easily see an upset....I'd be weary lol.

In terms of who's got the hardest group though, I think its Chelsea....

(This is Jim on Eenuh's account, I couldn't be bothered to sign out and back in again)

Yeah, I did mention the travel issue in my post, but realistically these should all be teams that we should get points off, either through wins or if we only manage draws.

No game is easy, and these teams will put up one hell of a fight for these games. There may be games where we just need to grind out wins, but United are good at doing that, I think.

I wouldn't be too down villa fans...it is only the europa league after all...this way you can focus on the premier league i guess.