NEurope

Am I allowed to get excited yet?

YIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIDDOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PS Never thought I'd ever say this, but Keane and Defoe were absolutely incredible together tonight!!

Some great goals in tonights games. Also how funny does David James look with the afro, tosh and pink kit combo :laughing:

Great win for Burnley, well done Robbie Blake too - former Leeds man.

We've still got out 100% record. 4 from 4, 3 from 3 in league.

Was at St James' s tonight, alongside a crowd of 43,904. Bear in mind that's in the championship, against Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland had 6,000 empty seats in the premier league against Chelsea.

Edited by BlueStar

Greening has gone to Fulham on a season loan. Thats now two players we've got on loan to premier league sides..?

Don't really see the point myself, unless we plan on having them back if we regain our premier league status at the end of the season???

Absolutely gutted about the Burnley result. Watched the extended highlights on skys football first. We had so many chances and if it wasn't for "the beast" it would have been a comfortable win. But man Owen sort it out.... im sure you'll come good soon but hurry up and knock one in. I also thought we were pretty narrow. No width, im surprised fergie didn't start with Valencia seen as the trouble stoke caused burnley last week down the wings and on crosses....

Blake's goal was a screamer, nothing we could have done about that except maybe get rid of it in the build up before but man Brown was all over the place all night. I hear Vidic is almost ready thank God.

Carrick taking the penalty is another shocker when we got the likes of Rooney and Anderson on the pitch. In truth Burnley with all their defending and the Beast playing a blinder deserved it and hopefully it's an early kick up the arse for us we need. Still shocking though. Need a good win against Wigan at the weekend now.

As for Spurs apart from about a 10 minute spell where Hull scored and almost go another, they looked immense. Midfield ran the show and Defoes finishing was sublime. Harry seems to have finally got 11 players on the pitch who want to wear the shirt for Spurs. If they continue to play like that can easily see them finishing top 6 maybe pushing for 4th with Man City.

Pardon my ignorance, but who is "the beast" ?

Few of my man u supporting friends were tearing up because Carrick wasn't playing last game, then he bombs a penalty and a sitter. Beautiful to watch! :)

Up the spurs!

"The Beast" is former baggie Brian Jensen (Burnley's keeper)

You should've seen my face when I checked the results on my phone.

I caught the train from Disneyland back to our hotel.

Uses phone internet.

See Burnley had beaten us 1-0.

Sees that Carrick also missed a penalty.

Feet also hurt from 3 days of trekking.

The magic of Disney had died pour moi.

Going to the Emirates in a bit...cannot wait....first home game of the season and up against Pompey....judging by what I've seen of Portsmouth so far, we should beat them comfortably but I'm not gonna be too cocky about anything....2-0 to the Arsenal. Arshavin with the goals.....come on you gunners!

That's more like it United. Ask the strikers to score and they have delivered including Owen :)

Watford are promotion contendrs on that performance but not the result, few loose ends to sew up with transfers

Nice, Westbrom are doing nicely. How many top teams from the Championship go up? Has this figure changed recently?

Nice, Westbrom are doing nicely. How many top teams from the Championship go up? Has this figure changed recently?

It's still 3. Has been since they stopped mucking about with the Premier League numbers in, ooh, I dunno, probably 1995. Hopefully should stay that way too. Does annoy me sometimes, league restructuring...

Was at St James' s tonight, alongside a crowd of 43,904. Bear in mind that's in the championship, against Sheffield Wednesday and Sunderland had 6,000 empty seats in the premier league against Chelsea.

Oh dear. I see the mags are still clutching at straws. (And you say we are obsessed with your lot.) It was a mid-week game - mere days after our previous game and we had ONLY 6,000 empty seats yet still got a turn out of around 30,000+. Only the Geordies would compare that to their status.

Perhaps there was a turn out of 43,904 at Sid James' Park just to see if Ameobi actually can score goals and you CAN actually go on to win games.

Your lot are doing well in the championship and I do hope it lasts so we can play derbies again next season. However, with the rats who got you into the championship leaving the sinking ship who knows how your season will go. Afterall, the biggest rat is still there!

In other news, Sunderland won today. In the Premiership. Damn we were lucky. Now Roy has gone refs actually like us again. Nice!

Oh dear. I see the mags are still clutching at straws. (And you say we are obsessed with your lot.) It was a mid-week game - mere days after our previous game and we had ONLY 6,000 empty seats yet still got a turn out of around 30,000+. Only the Geordies would compare that to their status.

Ours was also a mid-week game, the difference is that our game was against Sheffield Wednesday, in the Championship, with no manager, an owner dismantling the club, and our players leaving in droves and yours was against one of the biggest teams in the world, in the best league in the world. Your lot seem quite disappointed with your attendances, anyroad, particularly compared to ours.

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=433965

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=434179

http://www.readytogo.net/smb/showthread.php?t=434927

Main reason I point it out is that I've been reading people on forums and in the media gloating about how I'd be sitting alongside 20,000 empty seats this season.

Edited by BlueStar