NEurope

Come on you Spurs! :heh:

Good, if not overly convincing, win for United earlier, but Spurs beating Liverpool has made this a great day!

First of all I dont think Liverpool deserved to win, second half we played a bit better but im still worried about how well we will do this season without Alonso and another striker, not forgetting the weakness of our squad.

That being said I think we definately should have had a penalty when Voronin was taken down. There was no attempt to play the ball, just went straight for him.

Its times like this I miss Ant-Shimmin. He would have managed to put a great spin on the loss somehow.

Its times like this I miss Ant-Shimmin. He would have managed to put a great spin on the loss somehow.

And only times like this.

lol at the liverpool score.

Yeh well.. I didn't find it that unexpected :hmm: I thought we would have a difficult opening game (and it was away, as always :sad:) but I'm still very disappointed we lost.. and even more disappointed by how poor we sounded :hmm:

I can only hope we give a better account of ourselves against Stoke City on wednesday.. and lets face it, they're unlikely to be coming to Anfield to play much football :eek:

Tottenham at White Hart Lane will be a handful for a lot of teams this season, but Stoke City at home is one of those games that Liverpool must win if they hope to get anywhere this season!

Well it didn't take long...

After the Liverpool result my long-time Spurs supporting mate text me to say "this is finally the year we break into the top 4 and finish above Arsenal!!"

I can't see it happening. Again. I guess I've grown tired of hearing the same thing year in-year-out from Spurs fans!

I said to my friend a few days ago that I felt Arsenal would have a very good season.. and they've started well :heh:

Spurs beat us in the same fixture last season, so it's hardly the end of the world.. but it's hardly an ideal start :hmm: Our bench looked really weak today, though there are obviously a couple of players out (Riera, Agger, Aurelio, Aquilani..)

It would be nice to see Liverpool respond on wednesday and rip Stoke to shreads, but any sort of win is gonna have to be the order of the day :hehe:

Edited by nekunando

Yes! :grin:

Arsenal get. :heart:

They destroyed Everton. Not that it was hard Everton were playing so poorly even I could've scored! and I play football like an uncoordinated duck that takes meth. :p

Eduardo is my mexican god! (I'm aware he's from Brazil)

Eduardo is my mexican god! (I'm aware he's from Brazil)

..you mean, the Eduardo who plays for Croatia? :heh:

..you mean, the Eduardo who plays for Croatia? :heh:

Yes! :p but I'm sure he was born in Rio de Janeiro!

(go easy on me It's like the first time I've posted here.)

Well it didn't take long...

After the Liverpool result my long-time Spurs supporting mate text me to say "this is finally the year we break into the top 4 and finish above Arsenal!!"

I can't see it happening. Again. I guess I've grown tired of hearing the same thing year in-year-out from Spurs fans!

But we WILL break the top 4 this year :D

Thought we were hugely the better team today; Keane looked great but boy a hatrick or relative sitters.

Away Hull, Birmingham coming up!!?? Better than 2 points from the first 8 games last season!!

But we WILL break the top 4 this year :D

Thought we were hugely the better team today; Keane looked great but boy a hatrick or relative sitters.

Away Hull, Birmingham coming up!!?? Better than 2 points from the first 8 games last season!!

03-08-2008, 01:03 PM

Boys, Spurs will be top 4 this year; especially now we have Arshavin :D

I actually think we can finish above The goons and the scousers, so the two scum in red can fight it out for 4th. Though I would probably say Liverpool will be the ones to lose out

Hmmm.......

Nice find Gizmo, Arshavin at Tottenham? As funny as them finishing above us in the league.

I'm sooo happy that the new season is back. I'm currently in Belgiumland visiting Ine, but I still found ways to follow the game. I was also pretty shocked to see Arsenal beat Everton so heavily. Away, as well.

3 points is the main thing, but it was a pretty decent performance. Especially with the makeshift back-four, including having Fabio playing at right back. I thought Nani did well, and was a bit disappointed when he was subbed at half time. His cross lead to the goal, so its showing him how effective he can be when he gets his first ball in. :)

Good win for Leeds yesterday. 1-0. We seem to struggle against the weaker teams so a 1-0 win over Wycombe is as good as anything really. 3 points - tis all that matters. One of three with 2 wins so far.

Looking forward to heading over to the Carlisle game on 29th Sept,. and after today even towards heading to White Hart Lane for Spurs v Scum.

You guys are so lucky to have such a short off-season... Here in Aussie land our off-seasons for most of our big sports are like 4-5 months long... its torture!

Glad the EPL season is back, and my Spurs made a great start (even though Keane bombed a sitter :P). Good to see Arsenal starting strongly too, this could be their season if they can stay fit, though i worry about their depth especially defensively...

(yes my two favourite teams are Spurs and Arsenal, I bet that makes some of you sick.. :P)

(yes my two favourite teams are Spurs and Arsenal, I bet that makes some of you sick.. :P)

Simply put, yes, yes it does. I can't comprehend such a situation.

Brisbane.. never noticed ur location :o lol (thread hi-jack)

Hehe, it's alright. I'm trying to find a decent place to watch United but with no luck at the moment.

Hehe, it's alright. I'm trying to find a decent place to watch United but with no luck at the moment.

Fresh are you Australian?! I always thought you were English for some reason :wtf: