NEurope

Also - I seem to be heading to Spurs/Man Utd on 12th September.

Unlucky. Can't think of a worse fixture to attend. :P

Newcastle have signed Danny Simpson from Man U on a six-month loan deal. Can't say I've seen him play, wasn't he on loan to Blackburn and Sunderland?

Newcastle have signed Danny Simpson from Man U on a six-month loan deal. Can't say I've seen him play, wasn't he on loan to Blackburn and Sunderland?

I dont know anything about him but at least we have signed someone. Mike ashley needs to sort something out very soon. If he wants to stay then so be it. We cant expect him to give the club away for next to nothing and there dosent seem to be any genuine buyers so he needs to come up with a plan and quick we dont want more than one season in the championship.

Was a decent loan signing for us. We had him and Evans at the same time and they were a rockbed for us. Evans and him were pretty similar a few years back but it seems like a wealth of first team football really brought Evans on whereas Simpson hasn't had as many chances.

A really good loan signing though - and let's face it, he's gotta be better than coloccini!

Anyhoo...delighted the new season starts today! Bring on a healthy 09/10 season!! :D

YESSSSSSSSSS DROGBAAAAAAAAAAA!

Quite a good couple of goals from him today. Personally I believe we deserved this, looking at our attempts and effort rate shows we wanted it.

Wowzers. I never enjoy cutting it that fine (Well, I do in retrospect). Two wicked goals from Drogba. The second reminded me of Lampard's chipped goal against Barcelona, although he was facing away from goal.

Good start.

Comfy start to the season for Celtic. Bit worried about Maloney hobbling off though, hope he's ok for the Arsenal game.

5-0! What an awesome first game.

EDIT: 6! 6! 6! What a dominating performance.

EDIT: Well done Everton, a goal is something to take from this game.

Edited by Emerald Emblem

Good start but still need 1 or 2 more quality signings in this window depth wise.

I agree, but there was some solid performances from players people have been slating: Bendtner, Song and Denilson were fantastic today. In fact I can't fault anyone. Take this form on to the Celtic game boys.

Didn't expect that from Arsenal today. Looking forward to watching it on MOTD later. Glad Eduardo came on and got himself on the scoresheet too.

Hopefully United can pick up 3 points tomorrow with no problems...

Very satisfed with that Arsenal score.....can't wait for MOTD tonight......p.s nice tribute from Cesc to the recently departed Espanyol captain....RIP.

89812352.jpg?v=1&c=NewsMaker&k=2&d=77BFBA49EF878921CC759DF4EBAC47D08DDE686FAC149EAE0F074386B50A7D9BE96551E5D0B0A079

Edited by Babooo

Get in Shloa, Fenham pele gets a hattrick.

EDIT: In spite of having no manager and being in the championship we still had a higher attendance than Villa today, for what it's worth.

Edited by BlueStar

Get in Shloa, Fenham pele gets a hattrick.

EDIT: In spite of having no manager and being in the championship we still had a higher attendance than Villa today, for what it's worth.

And I bet your fans weren't booing their team like that classy lot in Birmingham. Shocking display, first game of the season and they're booing..

And I bet your fans weren't booing their team like that classy lot in Birmingham. Shocking display, first game of the season and they're booing..

I do not condone the actions of my fellow Villa fans.

Having said that, though. The Lerner-O'Neill honeymoon period is officially over. I still have faith in them, but many have lost it.

Tossers. :nono:

Happy with the 1-0. Good performance but we really need to finish off games this year, can't handle lots of 1-0 wins. again.

I thought Valencia played well and showed he is a good buy. Just needs to sort out his final ball as a few were dodgy. Other than that Rooney and Evra and great games. Was wishing Owen to tuck the chance away at the end. Would have been perfect.

But yeah 3 points in the bag, a better start of the season than the previous years :)

Now COME ON YOU SPURS!

Not happy at all with Liverpool in that first half, you could just see a goal from Spurs was coming.

We'd better come out fighting second half.

Not happy at all with Liverpool in that first half, you could just see a goal from Spurs was coming.

We'd better come out fighting second half.

..yeh.. it didn't sound great on the radio :hmm: Hopefully conceding the goal will give us the kick up the backside that we need to get going!