NEurope

Why is it utter shite? Im not saying west brom are crap im just saying i dont know where to place them in the championship.

Sorry for jumping the gun then... The way you structured your sentence sounded (at least to me) like you were stateing West Brom to be shit.

As for where to place us in the championship, lets leave the table to do the talking. We should be in for an interesting season.

0-0 FT. Newcastle are seriously shit.

25/1 on us getting promoted and them getting relegated this season. Hmm...

i really feel for the toon army, such a big club down in the championship seems wrong, but they had it coming the way they've been playing in recent seasons.

I thought the Community Shield game was quite an enjoyable one. Probably one of the better ones in recent times, I think. I loved the battle between Evra and Ballack, particularly when Evra "took out" Ballack, earning himself a yellow card shortly after Chelsea's second goal. Evra is half his size, but bluddy hell, he's got a bite to him!

It was disappointing to lose the game on penalties, but then, it's not really the end of the world. As Ramar says, it's effectively still a pre-season friendly. But, it was good to see Nani get on the scoresheet, because he has an important season ahead of him. It's a shame he dislocated his shoulder, but I hope he'll be ok for Sunday...even though I'm not sure he will be.

And, also, it looks like Ben Foster is "injured" and won't be playing in England's friendly on Wednesday. What do you reckon the chances are that he'll be playing on Sunday against Birmingham? :heh:

I mentioned this in the old Fantasy Football thread but i'll post it again here.

Are we going to start a new league this season before the Premiership starts?

So, can anyone explain how this works then?

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/sebreadyforliverpool100809.html

Never heard of that rule before. Looks a little bit like they've just invented it because Spurs have a bit of a defensive injury crisis. Anyone remember their club signing a player and having to wait for a ban they started at a previous club to expire?

How on earth can you serve a ban by not playing in a game which doesn't even involve your club? What kind of punishment's that?

That seems fucking stupid.

So, can anyone explain how this works then?

http://www.tottenhamhotspur.com/news/articles/sebreadyforliverpool100809.html

Never heard of that rule before. Looks a little bit like they've just invented it because Spurs have a bit of a defensive injury crisis. Anyone remember their club signing a player and having to wait for a ban they started at a previous club to expire?

How on earth can you serve a ban by not playing in a game which doesn't even involve your club? What kind of punishment's that?

I was talking to a Tottenham fan at work today and apparently they held off on the paperwork until the final whistle was blown for Newcastle's game. So whilst everything had been agreed to he was technically still a Newcastle player, therefore finished serving his ban.

I was talking to a Tottenham fan at work today and apparently they held off on the paperwork until the final whistle was blown for Newcastle's game. So whilst everything had been agreed to he was technically still a Newcastle player, therefore finished serving his ban.

Why don't they say that then, rather than saying it's because he'd served one game of the ban for us? ::shrug:

Can't wait for the new season to start.

Just wish I was optimistic about the Arsenal though...

"112mph Sunderland star feared Newcastle fans were chasing him"

http://www.sunderlandecho.com/news/112mph-Sunderland-star-feared-Newcastle.5541780.jp

OK, Grant :indeed:

Sunderland players can't be that scared of Geordies, otherwise they wouldn't all live, drink and eat in Newcastle. ;)

Yeah, funny story for Grant. Probably thought some scary Geordie lasses were in the car! ;)

Anyway, enjoy your season mate, wish you were in the PL though, we seem to be finally getting a decent team together and you go and do a runner from us! Gonna miss the derbies tbh. :(

don't worry you'll soon have your derbies back in the Championship next season ;)

Urgh out of the league cup already. Back down to earth with a bang after Saturday.

Yeah, funny story for Grant. Probably thought some scary Geordie lasses were in the car! ;)

Anyway, enjoy your season mate, wish you were in the PL though, we seem to be finally getting a decent team together and you go and do a runner from us! Gonna miss the derbies tbh. :(

Well, if Ashley pulls his finger out and packs his bags we can start making progress towards that. I have a feeling he's going to massively under estimate the task and think he can just appoint O'Leary and cruise back intot he Prem where he'll get more money for us though.

Doesn't look that way.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/t/tottenham_hotspur/8194412.stm

Bassong has served ban, say Spurs

Sebastien Bassong is set to make his debut for Tottenham against Liverpool on Sunday despite appearing to serve only one game of a two-match ban.

Bassong, 23, was sent off for Newcastle at the end of last season and missed their final match of the campaign.

Spurs say he has completed his ban by missing Newcastle's match against West Brom on Saturday, even though he signed for the Londoners before that match.

Tottenham insist the ban continued to apply to Newcastle games.

"Sebastien Bassong will be available for selection for our Premier League season opener against Liverpool on Sunday," read a Spurs statement.

"Given he served the first game of his ban against Aston Villa on the final day of the previous campaign as a Newcastle player, it meant the suspension continued to apply to Newcastle games.

"It was therefore satisfied when his former club visited West Brom on the opening day of the Championship season on Saturday."

Bassong is set to partner Ledley King on Sunday.

If I were a Spurs fan I'd be slightly worried about getting docked points.

Edited by BlueStar

I think everything was signed but the paperwork wasn't sent to the FA or wherever it goes, until after the game, so for all intents and purposes he was still a Newcastle player.

Carling Cup: West Brom 2 Bury 0

I was listening to the match earlier, and about 10 mins before the end of the game the commentators changed the score.

We were winning 2-1 after Bury pulled one back in about the 60th minute, then 20 or so minutes later the commentators anounce that their goal is disallowed.

Just thought i'd share with yous the most confusing commentary i've ever listened to. anywho... our name's in the hat for the next round. whoop-ooow

Guys I have just bought tickets for the first Arsenal game at the Emirates! woop woop!

Can't fuckin wait!

If Newcastle appoint O'Leary then they will have truly hit rock-bottom. :indeed:

They could always reapoint Souness or Roeder .......

Guys I have just bought tickets for the first Arsenal game at the Emirates! woop woop!

Can't fuckin wait!

Got my Portsmouth ticket today as well, also got the Celtic home leg. Decided against the away leg as costs, travel and work caused too much of a bother.

So we signed Cattermole today. Must say I think we have a really decent team now. All we need is one or two defenders and I'd give our summer transfer dealings a solid 10/10.

Can't wait for the new season!! :D

So we signed Cattermole today.

How many career-enders will he put in thsi season then? ;)

Footballer facebook statuses:

Footballers facebook-status:

Bobby Zamora rejected Phil Brown's friend request

Fraizer Campbell rejected Phil Brown's friend request

Marc-Antoine Fortune rejected Phil Brown's friend request

Michael Owen rejected Phil Brown's friend request

Habib Beye rejected Phil Brown's friend request

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Arsene Wenger is not worried about his lack of transfers this summer as he has internal solutions 1 hour ago

Alexander Song Billong likes this

Visakri Diaby likes this

Denilson likes this

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Joleon Lescott has to go to work tomorrow : ( 13 minutes ago

Craig Bellamy has joined the group Money is ruining football

- Benjani likes this

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alberto Aquilani: Oh no! I've just had my new house robbed!!!

Steven Gerrard, Jerzy Dudek, John-Arne Riise, Lucas Leiva, Dirk Kuyt, Peter Crouch, Jose Reina and Daniel Agger like this

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat'day random drinks n' antics LOLZ

Ledley King has been tagged

---------------------------------------

Ashley C can't find his fone, can some1 give it a buzz for us?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

Roque Santa Cruz is looking forward to starting on Saturday

Craig Bellamy is looking forward to starting on Saturday

Carlos Tevez is looking forward to starting on Saturday

Emmanuel Adebayor is looking forward to starting on Saturday

Robinho is looking forward to starting on Saturday

Benjani is looking forward to starting on Saturday

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Steven Gerrard hopes his 'groin' injury clears in time for Sunday lolz

Yesterday at 20:03 · Comment · Like

Ben Foster: Ditto lolz

------------------------------------------

Joleon Lescott became a fan of money.

Gareth Barry likes this

-------------------------------

Marcus Bent is hoping to start at Old Trafford - 1 hour ago

Sir Alex Ferguson Likes This.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy Goram became friends with Andy Goram

-------------------------------------------------------

Jamie Redknapp is literally on facebook

--------------------------------------------------

Frank Lampard is LOLing at Stevie G - 3 hours ago 3 comments

-Steven Gerrard: f**k off Lamps lol

-Rio Ferdinand: oi oi epic banter lads

-Steven Gerrard: did he dedicate the banter to his Mum lol

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Mike Ashley My evil plan is almost complete.

Niall Quinn & Peter Reid like this.

-------------------------------------

Glen Johnson is looking at new toilet seats in B&Q

Edited by BlueStar

Got Watford at home in 2nd round of league cup. Revenge is due for the thrashing they gave us in Championship P/O final few years back.

Also - I seem to be heading to Spurs/Man Utd on 12th September.

Roman Bednar has finally been punished by the FA for his coke issues.... a 3 month back dated ban from when we initially suspended him.

That makes him eligable to play under FA law from ....... MONDAY :yay:

Also: we've drawn rotherham in the next round of the cup

Got my Portsmouth ticket today as well, also got the Celtic home leg. Decided against the away leg as costs, travel and work caused too much of a bother.

Was gonna get Celtic home leg as well but i'm really short on cash right now:sad::sad::sad: