NEurope

I think we are the same person mate. Goalissimo scared the crap out of me.

(The Great Dane is well over-rated, just check out his fuck up against Barnsley in 98:

, I'm sure it is in this video anyway, I didn't check, sorry :()

The first part of your post was so riiiight. However, I am disappointed by the rest. Although, I do remember that mistake, haha. He did make a few mistakes over the years, but so do all goalkeepers. However, he really was a rock. A giant. Definitely one of my heroes when I was growing up.

When I was younger, I had dreams of being the next great Manchester United goalkeeper, haha. I grew up watching Schmeichel and watching other keepers live Oliver Khan and Angelo Peruzzi. They were all great keepers.

What date does the new season start?

Football League starts on the 8th and the Premier League the 15th. Actually shocked that you don't know, I'm crossing the days off the calendar.

What are your thoughts on that?

30 million is good money for Liverpool. Whilst he was important for you last season, you shouldn't have trouble bringing in someone to take up that role in midfield. At least money isn't an issue, heh.

All I can is fair play to Alonso. They tried to off load him last year and failed, he proves his worth and they change their stance. I do fear for Madrid though. What kind of possible formation are they planning with so many great individuals? Will players such as Robben and Sneijder really be happy just getting splinters in their ass and signing off pay cheques while never really cementing their first team place?

I will miss Alonso but im not annoyed at him wanting to leave. I just hope we get a good replacement for him and hopefully another striker.

REDS AGREE AQUILANI DEAL

Liverpool FC today confirmed they have agreed a deal with AS Roma for the transfer of Italian international Alberto Aquilani, subject to a medical.

Liverpool concluded their discussions with Roma once the sale of Xabi Alonso to Real Madrid was finally agreed.

Aquilani, who recently celebrated his 25th birthday, is expected to feature heavily for Italy in next year’s World Cup finals.

Rafa Benitez said: "Alberto is a very good player and I'm delighted we've reached agreement with Roma for his transfer. He will travel to Merseyside later this week for a medical. Alberto has a winning mentality and great experience in both Serie A and the Champions League.

"He has long been recognised as a top class talent in Italy, captaining his country at both Under 19 and Under 21 levels before establishing himself in the senior national side."

http://www.liverpoolfc.tv/news/drilldown/N165312090805-1649.htm

Haha, that didn't take them long to find a replacement. 20 million pounds, apparantly, or in the region of.

I swear that he's older than 25, though. I always thought he was about 2 years older, heh.

I wonder if United will bring in anyone. There's a few rumours here and there about Silva and Villa/Vee-yaaaaa being linked, but they have been linked to eveeeeryone. I'm happy with the way things are though, although bringing in one of these two would be pretty sweet.

I hope Man U dont get Silva or Villa, simply because theyve been Liverpool targets and I would still love to see Villa upfront with Torres next season.

I hope Man U dont get Silva or Villa, simply because theyve been Liverpool targets and I would still love to see Villa upfront with Torres next season.

I was half expecting Villa to be leaving for Real Madrid, but it looks like they've stopped their Summer spending now. If I were to bet on Villa going anywhere, it would be Madrid next year.

You say that they were Liverpool targets, but they were linked to everyone, heh. But, I think many were thinking that if Villa came to the Premier League, he would go to Liverpool to be alongside Torres. I don't think he'll come to anyone here, though. Or Silva. They're two players who I think will continue to play in Spain, and probably will for the most part of their careers.

I wish David Vee-ya would come to Villa.

For fuck's sake, It's just what's right. It's never been done. It needs to be done.

Hey, I'm just saying. ::shrug:

I wish David Vee-ya would come to Villa.

For fuck's sake, It's just what's right. It's never been done. It needs to be done.

Hey, I'm just saying. ::shrug:

It's kinda like when Arsene Wenger went to Arsenal, or when Arshavin went there, too.

It's In The Name! [/EA Sports]

I have to admit, id love to see a player called "Liverpool" join Liverpool. How awesome would that shirt be!

well Celtic eased through to the next round of the Champions League qualifying ;)

Pretty much the same game as last week except this time we took 2 of our chances and didn't let them score ;)

now we'll probably go and draw the Arsenal!

well Celtic eased through to the next round of the Champions League qualifying ;)

Pretty much the same game as last week except this time we took 2 of our chances and didn't let them score ;)

now we'll probably go and draw the Arsenal!

I was at the game last week, and I absolutely was preparing for a Europa League season. So amazed that we got through! Missed the game tonight as I had to go out, but last week at least Fortune was awful and it took super sub Sammy to get us through tonight. I was impressed with N'Guemo last week, thought him and Donati together I felt weren't direct enough going forward. NGuemo and Brown should be a pretty good midfield pairing, I think.

Crackin' winning goal in fairness. Thought he'd taken too much of the ball, and in fact, the ballooned pass up to him i though was a hit and hope!

Was in the pub watching it with my Unlce and the two of us leapt off the stools when he scored it.

I can't afford to buy a Freeview Plus box and I don't have permission from my landlord to subscribe to Sky or Virgin Media so I'll be unable to watch live games at home on TV. I know that the FA hates people watching illegal streams on the Internet and along with being against the law, they're also of poor quality. I would be willing to pay £10 or so a month to legitimatlly watch live games online.

It's a shot in the dark I know, but does anybody know of any official service I could subscribe to? I'm guessing there isn't one, which is baffling, it makes a lot of sense to provide one.

Sven strikes again:

Former Portsmouth captain Sol Campbell is understood to close to signing for Notts County on a free transfer.

The 73-cap ex-England international, now 34, has been offered fresh terms at Fratton Park after falling out of contract this summer, but has decided to make another shock move.

Campbell was expected to move abroad when he left Arsenal in 2006 but instead opted to move to Pompey.

He also made a controversial switch from Spurs to the Gunners on a free transfer in 2001, after falling out of contract at White Hart Lane.

Campbell's switch to Meadow Lane sees him link up with former England coach Sven-Goran Eriksson, who is the Midlands outfit's director of football.

Scott Brown was awesome last night, really looked the part when he came on. I've been impressed with Donati of late, he looks a different player now that we've gotten Tony in. Looking forward to the next round. I'm very optimistic whoever we draw, we can beat.

Celtic vs Arsenal in the final qualification round of the Champions League. Incredible, come on Celtic!!

Can I just reiterate, this will be the greatest season ever.

You just knew it was going to be those two.

Villa interested in Sneijder now? Would be a cracking swoop if they could get him. Just what they need but I couldn't see him leaving for a non champions league club.

We've been linked with him for a short time now, but if we do manage to sign him that would mean we'd have 15 midfielders in a first team of 31 players and only 8 defenders. We desperately need to get a couple of top quality defensive players of we're in for a torrid time, so I hope we get some news on that over the next week or so.

With Sneijder though I don't know where we'd fit him in, what with Young, Milner, Petrov, Downing, Reo Coker, Sidwell, Albrighton and Delph vying for places in the starting line up.

Tempted to head up to glasgow for the away leg, hopefully Arsenal put on some flight or travel to make my life easier. If the price is right, I'll make it a night. >_>

An Arsenal fan clever enough to rhyme :o Never thought I would see the day!

Its not haiku but I'm still impressed ;)

Just read about Mourinho moaning about prices of Deco and Carvalho being put up just because he wants them. Even several years after he is gone, he's still tied to us. I think someone misses us!

Chelski were also offered an apparent £18 million bid for Alex from Real Madrid which surprised me because I keep hearing after each new signing that it was the last bid by Real Madrid this summer.

We've been linked with him for a short time now, but if we do manage to sign him that would mean we'd have 15 midfielders in a first team of 31 players and only 8 defenders. We desperately need to get a couple of top quality defensive players of we're in for a torrid time, so I hope we get some news on that over the next week or so.

With Sneijder though I don't know where we'd fit him in, what with Young, Milner, Petrov, Downing, Reo Coker, Sidwell, Albrighton and Delph vying for places in the starting line up.

I agree with that. As good as Sneijder is, I think it would be difficult to actually fit in all these wide players/midfielders. I'm actually a bit gutted that United didn't put in a bid for him, because I really like the guy. But, saying that, we've just bought in Valencia, and we have a few others who play in that position.

This also reminds me of Spurs, who seem to be keen on their strikers at the moment. They're apparently fighting it out with West Ham for Luca Toni's signature. So, that would be Crouch, Defoe, Pavyluchenko and Keane aaand possibly Luca Toni, all wanting to play upfront.

An Arsenal fan clever enough to rhyme :o Never thought I would see the day!

Its not haiku but I'm still impressed ;)

Just read about Mourinho moaning about prices of Deco and Carvalho being put up just because he wants them. Even several years after he is gone, he's still tied to us. I think someone misses us!

Chelski were also offered an apparent £18 million bid for Alex from Real Madrid which surprised me because I keep hearing after each new signing that it was the last bid by Real Madrid this summer.

I saw a brilliant interview with Mourinho in a magazine the other day, I think it was a Sky Sports magazine or something. One particular quote said that since he's left, he's continued to win things, but Chelsea have not. My instant reaction was "ooooo!" The claws are out.