NEurope

Villa came from a goal down to beat Mexicans Atlante 3-1 to send us into the semis of the Peace Cup. Nice. :)

Stan Petrov has a dislocated shoulder, though. :(

Just seen the highlights on YouTube (blimey, that were fast.). Marc Albrighton, one of our youngsters, was top notch!

Edited by Roostophe

0-0 FT. Newcastle are seriously shit.

25/1 on us getting promoted and them getting relegated this season. Hmm...

Sorry if posted, but watching this makes me very excited about the new MU season, especially Michael Owen. He's still got a couple of years in him.

As I just posted in the other thread, Sir Bobby was a true gentleman, though I'd never met the bloke, you could tell he was a nice person. Football legend as well, knew the game well and loved by all fans. RIP Sir Bobby Robson.

Saddening to think that he may have been holding on just to see the charity match that took place last week. :(

Villa are in the Peace Cup Final. Beat Porto 2-1 - Goals from Heskey and Sidders (:grin:) then Reo-Coker conceded a penalty in the 90th minute. (:blank:)

Gonna be playing either Juve or Real Madrid in the final. :smile:

Can honestly say I'm divided on this Vieira rumour. First things first, the man is a recent legend at the club, a successful leader and a fantastic player. For that I wouldn't mind having him back, but with it comes a bag of worms. He'd have to:

• Accept not being Captain - Which will be tough, considering his leadership qualities.
  • Won't have his old squad number
  • No quarantee on getting in the team week-in-week-out
  • Would have to take a huge wage cut
  • And have to prove himself capable, I hear he's pretty much lost it

Bringing him back would also mean that selling him was a huge mistake, and would some what prove what Wenger has done for the last four seasons has been wrong. Whilst on a positive we need experience, we need grit and determination, and I'm sure he'd teach some of the lads what it means to play for this club.

Can honestly say I'm divided on this Vieira rumour. First things first, the man is a recent legend at the club, a successful leader and a fantastic player. For that I wouldn't mind having him back, but with it comes a bag of worms. He'd have to:

• Accept not being Captain - Which will be tough, considering his leadership qualities.
  • Won't have his old squad number
  • No quarantee on getting in the team week-in-week-out
  • Would have to take a huge wage cut
  • And have to prove himself capable, I hear he's pretty much lost it

Bringing him back would also mean that selling him was a huge mistake, and would some what prove what Wenger has done for the last four seasons has been wrong. Whilst on a positive we need experience, we need grit and determination, and I'm sure he'd teach some of the lads what it means to play for this club.

You've mentioned that there are a lot of things for Vieira to consider, but what do you think would be the main reasons for the player to come? When it was announced that Owen would be coming to Man United, the main positives that I saw was that this is a guy who can score goals, has no trouble finding the net, and is quite low risk in the sense that there's no guarantee he would be starting every game, he is free and that his wages would be relatively low.

With Vieira, when I think of the positives, I think that he is somewhat of a wall in midfield. A tank, almost. Like you say, he is gritty and he's not afraid to get down to business. Just out of curiosity, what would be your Arsenal team and formation with Vieira playing?

I'm not sure if it would really be Wenger admitting that he was wrong. I think it's more the case of bringing in some experience to get a job done. But then, that really depends on what kind of deal is offered. If it is a similar deal to what Owen has, then it seems like a good move. The question is, when called upon, will he be able to do the job? Can he still keep up with the pace of the game in England? That's a few questions to think about.

First 90 minutes were really enjoyable. Just wish we'd wrapped it up eariler, extra time was fairly dull, the ref even cut it 4 minutes short!

Great win for us though, and great to see all our youngsters playing so well against such a big side. Guzan, Albrighton, Bannan, Lichaj, Clark and Herd were fantastic all tournement, can't wait to see what they can do in the league!

Haha @ Del Piero, how awful!

If anyone has earnt the right to fuck up a penalty I guess it is him though.

I'm delighted. Whether it's the European Cup or a pre-season tournament, you have to feel proud when it's your team lifting the trophy at the end.

Brad Guzan has perhaps become a Villa legend with his brilliant performance against Juve.

Here's a rare pic, a Villa captain lifting a trophy:

010265683209500.jpg

John Carew, legend:

010265683209200.jpg

I'm hoping this Xabi Alonso saga comes to an end in the next couple of days.. it has been going on for far too long :hmm:

Aquilani is rumoured to be on the way.. but to be honest, I haven't really seen him play before and you can never pay too much attention to transfer gossip anyway :eek:

It's clear Alonso wants to go so it'll definitely be interesting to see someone else arrive at Liverpool. I actually find it quite exciting :heh:

Watford FC firesale atm- I have no idea why just seem to be being very sensible. Mcanuff, Smith and Priskin. Mcanuff is the bogey prize.

Haha @ Del Piero, how awful!

If anyone has earnt the right to fuck up a penalty I guess it is him though.

How you manage to work that one out, he's stuck with Juventus through the good and the shit, certainly not a cocky footballer, people keep writing him off season after season, but he still manages to produce the goods.

I meant that he has earnt the right to screw up a penalty because he has provided such a great service to Juventus, Italy and football in general.

I love Alessandro. :heart: He's one of my favourite football players.

Edited by kyletherobot

Looks like Villa have managed to sign fabian Delph off us.

Happy he's off to a football club, rather than the bank-rolling oil refinery than City has become.

£6m/£9m apparently.

Villan...take care of him down there. He's a good 'un.

That money will do good for Leeds. Could buy many championship quality players with that cash. An entire teams worth really!

I meant that he has earnt the right to screw up a penalty because he has provided such a great service to Juventus, Italy and football in general.

I love Alessandro. :heart: He's one of my favourite football players.

When I was a small boy (still applies, I'm short! *muttley swear words*), I used to hold Del Piero in such high regard. He and Inzaghi had achieved God-status in my books.

Just today, I was watching an old Juventus game, the 1998 Champions League Final against Real Madrid. The team that Juventus had was scary. The likes of Peruzzi in goal (who was one of my favourite keepers at the time...but not as good as the Great Dane. ;)), Didier Deschamps, Edgar Davids, Zidane, Inzaghi and Del Piero.

When I was younger, I feared two things. Rats, and Juventus. Thankfully, Juventus are not as scary nowadays, but my word...brilliant team.

I think we are the same person mate. Goalissimo scared the crap out of me.

(The Great Dane is well over-rated, just check out his fuck up against Barnsley in 98:

, I'm sure it is in this video anyway, I didn't check, sorry :()