NEurope
flameboy

Just got myself a Dreamy bargain!

Need some help...everytime I turn my dreamcast on I have to set the time...is this because the VMU has an empty battery?

I think the DC has an internal battery for the clock. Do you leave your DC plugged in when it's not in use? If so, the internal battery could be knackered.

I think the DC has an internal battery for the clock. Do you leave your DC plugged in when it's not in use? If so, the internal battery could be knackered.

Nope not unplugged it once yet since it was plugged in...Wonder if it can be replaced easily...doesn't really matter that much does it though?

Nah not really. The only thing I can think of where it is useful is in Metropolis Street Racer where the time of day in game is the same as that part of the worlds real time.

I cant remember if the internal battery charges when it's plugged in or if the console needs to actually be switched on.

http://snesorama.us/board/showthread.php?t=34556

Also, the console apparently needs to be turned on for it to charge.

So I should perhaps trying popping it on before I leave work tomorrow and then turn it off and see if it has charged and retains the date...If it doesn't then I will just have to leave it as no way I am going to replace it, not getting involved with solder...

So I should perhaps trying popping it on before I leave work tomorrow and then turn it off and see if it has charged and retains the date...If it doesn't then I will just have to leave it as no way I am going to replace it, not getting involved with solder...

When I don't play my Dreamcast for a few weeks it asks me for the Date & Time but after that it is fine until the next time I have neglected it for a month or two :heh:

I'd say try leaving it on for a while :smile:

Glad to see someone else enjoying the greatest console of all time and in its 10th year (since its UK launch). My DC has started to have the old resetting problem so hopefully will be able to get it fixed at some point cos I'm having seriously bad withdrawal symptoms.

Glad to see someone else enjoying the greatest console of all time

I endorse this comment.

I love the DC. The first console to really use online gaming, a brilliant use of memory cards (still my favourite peripheral, tied with the Steel Battalion controller), almost perfect arcade ports, the first analogue buttons (I think. The triggers) and a great selection of games (Shenmue, Sonic Adventure, JSR, Skies of Arcadia, Chuchu Rocket, Metropolis Street Racer and Rez to name a few personal favourites).

Plus the homebrew scene is pretty cool since most DCs will play homemade discs straight out of the box. Unfortunately that means piracy is pretty easy too.

Car boot sales are definately the way to go for retro collections. That and Gamestation (if you have a decent one near you). The best bargains I've had have been from either car boots or GS.

PSONE with 200 games: £20 from Gamestation.

Playstation with all cables and 2 controllers: £3 from a car boot sale.

Secret of Mana, Boxed: £20 from Gamestation.

Phantasy Star 2 and 3: £10 for both from Gamestation.

Steel Battalion, the expansion and epic, giant controller: £40 from Gamestation.

FF8: £1 (Or possibly even 50p) from car boot sale.

PS2, 6 games, Multitap Memory Card and stand: £20 from car boot sale.

Dreamcast Keyboard: £3 in Gamestation.

Game Boy Game Genie: £1 in Gamestation.

Actually going out and finding the stuff for sale is so much cheaper/more fun than Ebaying it IMO.

Edited by Goafer

Picked up a ton of games off ebay;

MSR £3.99

Jet Set Radio £4.99

and as part of 7 game bundle for £15;

Quake 3 Arena

Soul Calibur

Virtua Tennis

Power Stone

Trick Style

Chuchu Rocket

WWF Attitude

plus picked up a scart cable and vibration pack.

AMAZING AMAZING games you've got a hold of there (apart from WWF Attitude in my humble opinion)!!! The Dreamcast is literally spoiled for choice when it comes to its game library. Have you played any of the Shenmue games? If not seek them out immediately!

AMAZING AMAZING games you've got a hold of there (apart from WWF Attitude in my humble opinion)!!! The Dreamcast is literally spoiled for choice when it comes to its game library. Have you played any of the Shenmue games? If not seek them out immediately!

Yeah not a fan of WWF but it was part of the bundle and got other games for cheap.

Yeah got both the Shenmue games with it...Think they will be first I tackle when I'm done with Ghostbusters and the done all the new events in Burnout DLC...

Ah I see good, good. Shenmue starts off slowly but persevere with it and see what you think. And then once you're finished both of them, you'll see why so many of us are waiting for part III! Also, if you're into fighting games then there's tons to choose from!

I did actually used to own Shenmue 2 on the xbox but never properly got into it....will do this time round though.

Worms Armageddon

Bomberman Online

Ecco The Dolphin

Resident Evil Code Veronica

House of the Dead 2

Tee Off Golf

are the pirated games...can't seem to get them to run though..got the boot disk and it doesn't seem to be having any of it.

If the games are burnt to the discs in the right mannor your dont need a boot disc.

I will PM you.

Edited by Pete

Cheers Pete...

Picked up Ready 2 Rumble Round 2 today...was gonna just get the first one, but thought would pick up the second one seem as Micheal Jackson is on it! Bit wierd I know.