NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

Castlevania Lords of Shadow

It was pants. As Chode says, the camera angles were awful, the enemies were just generally irritating, and the the horse section was shit. I thought I was missing something when I was just killing the enemies in the same way, but no.

Also, why is it always a bloody green fountain to restore health in these games? No.

I'd give the overall game (as a whole) 5/10.

It was pants. As Chode says, the camera angles were awful, the enemies were just generally irritating, and the the horse section was shit. I thought I was missing something when I was just killing the enemies in the same way, but no.

Also, why is it always a bloody green fountain to restore health in these games? No.

Really? A green fountain? I remember bitching about this exact thing when Dante's Inferno showed its hand.

Although the trademark chicken platter from the original Castlevania would probably look weird in 3D, surely someone can come up with something different than Green orbs (wtf!)

Yeah, I also moaned. Because it's worth moaning about.

It's just that Inferno was so obviously ripping off God of War, and they couldn't even be bothered to change a bloody colour. Bellends.

You are going to rate a 20 hour game off a 20 - 30 min demo (if you are slow like me). I think that's a little naive. I actually liked the demo and really can't wait for more.

Edited by Deathjam

You are going to rate a 20 he game off a 20 - 30 min demo (if you are slow like me). I think that's a little naive. I actually liked the demo and really can't wait for more.

Yeah worth mentioning i like everything else i am seeing(especially presentation) its just the combat wasnt exactly great. The demo should have shown off more non combat and variety too. But yeah if i like the rental i will buy. I have done so for many games.

You are going to rate a 20 hour game off a 20 - 30 min demo (if you are slow like me). I think that's a little naive. I actually liked the demo and really can't wait for more.

I was joking, but I excuse you for not recognising my emphasis - 'overall/whole'.

Haha.

I played the retail copy for about an hour yesterday but i think im gonna restart it from too many distractions.

I like it so far!

I played the retail copy for about an hour yesterday but i think im gonna restart it from too many distractions.

I like it so far!

Good. Keep us updated.

Got this on thursday thanks to shopto.net. Played it loads today and have really been enjoying it. But godamn im stuck on the second titan boss. I have no idea how I am supposed to get on top of the thing and it has murdered me more than 10 times in a row. So frustrating. And yet I cant wait to go back and do it all over again in the hope that I figure it out. Best part is definitely the combat. The moves have a significant guile and meat to their animations. The story must also get a mention as part of me has a real urge to keep playing just to find out what happens next.

It's probably a good idea to back-up your saves on a regular basis as it seems there are a number of people who are experiencing 'Unhandled error' crashes that can potentially corrupt your save.

I was only in the middle of chapter 2 when I had the error last night, although my save seems to be fine. I'm not sure how common the problem is or whether Konami are planning to address it.

I had to laugh when Krat...err Gabriel had to manually turn a pedestal clockwise to open a gate, just after the green health fountain and the balance beams.

Nitpicking aside, im loving it so far. The combat is deep and tactical and i havent died this much since Demon Souls. Also the game is enormous, as im struggling with Chapter 2 of apparently 12 total. Also , Patrick Stewart and spider mounts!

I don't care what the reviews say... I love this game! :D I've been playing it mostly on and off over the weekend and apart from the game being absolutely huge - 12 chapters with multiple sections spread over 2 discs (Xbox 360 version) - it's actually consistently enjoyable and challenging - on the hardest difficulty selectable from the start - the trials and clearly labelled collectables add a great deal of replay value too.

Am on chapter 5 I think and having some great battles. Really does get better the further you get into the game but sometimes the camera angles are diabolical making it hard to gauge jumps or even see where enemies are throwing stuff at you from. A word of advice, get the guillotine skill as soon as possible and get it upgraded as soon as possible. Stupidly useful and racks up that focus gauge very quickly plus with the amont of enemies that have unblockable ground pounds, you will be using it alot. Another good combo is the direct heavy combo. Another powerful and easy to use move.

I imagine I'll probably pick this up in a few months when it comes down in price.. I just have too much else I still have to get through and an ever increasing list of games I still have to buy :eek:

The only 3D Castlevania I have played is on the N64, though I was always meaning to check out Lament of Innocence or Curse of Darkness on the PS2 at some point..

Finally got around to finishing this. Loved the majority of it including the ending. Its one of the most 'complete' games ive bought this generation. Fuck DLC!

So I recently finished this with a friend and all I can say is....Did we just play Lord of the Rings?

There was a lot in there that reminded me of it, such as Baba (Golem) and the end area which looked like it contained Sauron's tower.

But anyway, as someone who has only experienced the greatness of the GBA and DS Castlevanias, I could enjoy this game for what it was.

I liked the environments and the story had its ups and downs, but the music was soooooooooooo NOT memorable! Really unCastlevania like if you'd ask me.

We are still looking to finish the DLC and discover more about what happened to Gabriel between the credits and the 'true' ending.

Does Castlevania: Lords of Shadow: Mirror of Fate also play between those two points?

Sign in to follow this