NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

Castlevania Lords of Shadow

The trailer looks good but it also feels very much like God of War. I'm still not sure Castlevania is a franchise that needs to make the leap to 3D. It hasn't really worked so far but perhaps it will here. But if there are any problems, it will come down to the return to 3D. Here's hoping it can at least live up to the 2D castlevania name and not the 3d one.

As awesome as it all looks, it´s being made by the makers of Jericho.

So eww...

Just saw the trailer....looks awesome but gonna wait for what previews will be saying down the line. But as I said, looks friggin awesome!

Looks like LOTR a bit too much. Can kind of see it wasn't intended to be a Castlevania game. Not overly impressed but we'll see.

So it's pretty much a pure hack and slash then?

Something wrong with that?

Don't really like the look of this at all. If it was an original IP it'd be more a case of "looks like a decent God of War clone I guess" but it doesn't make even a hint of sense as a Castlevania title.

Don't really like the look of this at all. If it was an original IP it'd be more a case of "looks like a decent God of War clone I guess" but it doesn't make even a hint of sense as a Castlevania title.

It has a whip. :P

But even though I agree it needs more trademark enemies and stuff, this reinvention of the series seems adequate.

New Info:

According to Dave Cox's Twitter page, the game is set in 1047. He also mentions that the Combat Cross is not a replacement of the Vampire Killer, which makes me wonder if they're really trying to make the game canon to IGA's timeline. The Castlevania timeline starts at 1476.

New screen:

u672p.jpg

out of all the God of War-alikes coming out, im looking forward to this one the most, but are those dreadlocks on that vampire?

That sounded like such a shit story, and yet the man managed to give the synopsis without even a hint of a smirk.

"Man investigates dark spell that's been cast around world which stops the souls of the dead from leaving."

OK fair enough it could still have a few interesting little plots despite sounding very familiar.

"His wife is murdered and he is sent by the Brotherhood of Light to investigate"

Getting a bit childish here with the storyline, though you can't completely knock it yet.

"He finds out that each of the Lords of Shadow holds a piece of a relic called the God Mask"

Videogame bullshit.

Edited by dwarf

Christ, it's not about high quality voice actors, it's about making the fucking animation match the voice acting (both body animation and lip syncing).

I've played Uncharted 2, God of War 3 and Batman:AA and if it comes close to the quality of any of those I will be pleasantly shocked.

At least Darksiders had some zany story and art style to it. This looks like a vaguely enjoyable rent.

As I think this is going to be something of a surprise hit — not necessarily in terms of sales, more quality — I'll do my bit for raising awareness by bringing you the latest obscenely long trailer:

To give a measure of perspective, we're talking Arkham Asylum levels of "no one saw that coming!"

Amazon forced me to preorder this with a $20 gift card bonus offer. I want to click on that trailer so bad but i refuse

It does come across as quite spoilery; it's very reminiscent of MGS4's pre-release footage. If you intend to buy the game anyway I'd give the trailer a miss.

To give a measure of perspective, we're talking Arkham Asylum levels of "no one saw that coming!"

Do you really think it's that surprising? I saw it coming since the 1st trailer I saw a year ago. Been eagerly awaiting this game's release ever since.

Do I think it's surprising that a game that's previously looked decent enough, from a developer with hardly the greatest track record, could well be getting a look in when everyone's handing out their game of the year awards? Yes.

In any case, I was more commenting on the general malaise around the game, as evidenced by this thread.

No malaise here, im super excited for it.

Its rather ridiculous that no one wants this franchise to evolve from SotN. Even if it doesnt turn out to be the greatest thing since sliced bread, it wont be the last Castlevania.

This series has been around for decades, theres plenty of room to mix up the formula. Same goes for Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Final Fantasy and all these other sacred cows that no one wants changed

Playstation Plus subscribers can now download the demo of this exclusively! (only a week early) I am downloading it as I type!

Sign in to follow this