NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

Castlevania Lords of Shadow

Ok so I'm a castlevania fan played some the old NES and SNES ones plus the GBA and DS games. This game doesn't feel like that at all. I think you may have expected that though? It's basically a game in the style of God of War, it felt very similar and with the gameplay mostly combat driven. I don't think the game looks particurly good to be honest and the section you initially play its dark and raining and it almost feels like thats covering up some of the graphical flaws. As for the combat I felt a weird disconnect between me and the character its hard to explain. Also the character felt very floaty and light but this could be attributed to being more used to playing games like GoW where Kratos is quite big and lumbering also recently played Darksiders and War is similar to control. After the initial fight sequence there is another section that brings something quite different:

a horse riding section which worked pretty well and was fun, linear mind.

One thing I love is the Patrick Stewart voiceover his voice is so grand! So it's certainly a different take on the Castlevania concept and for me it remains to be seen if once inside castles for example it reverts more to type or whether or not they remains to be seen. I think people know what this title is about though and are not expecting the classic Castlevania gameplay necessarily.

Turd.

I don't think it's a very good demo, though.

Did you experience the wierdness with the character/controls disconnect. There was something very strange about it feeling like the controls were too floaty especially when you did air combat?

I didn't have high hopes for this. I thought that the story interview was telling.

The screenshots Dante posted on the last page made it look quite intriguing, very Castlevanian with interesting environments and hints at platforming.

But I saw some gameplay footage and it's just bad. What's got on my tits is that this confirms 'exclusive' Plus demos compromise the normal PSN service. (I'm not that annoyed, but it's a squeak cheeky)

But I saw some gameplay footage and it's just bad. What's got on my tits is that this confirms 'exclusive' Plus demos compromise the normal PSN service. (I'm not that annoyed, but it's a squeak cheeky)

Not necessarily. It's not out on XBL either. Same with the Pro Evo demo.

Orly?

I tubed it and it came up with 360 gmeply, so i gus itz frm E3 or sumt.

I think the demo is really poor. As in I think they picked a really dumb section of the game to use.

Also, Robert Carlyle, GTFO of my game.

Ugh this is why i rarely bother with demos. It probably really is shit like you guys said, but looks like the full game is quality.

Yeah, it probably worth playing in that it will lower your expectations but I'd be surprised if the whole game wasn't miles better. Part of the problem is that you don't have any of your powered up moves (A la GoW levelling up) and there's zilch exploration which is a big part of the game, if I'm not mistaken.

Think ill still get it regardless.

This remains unchanged and:

LOS, which features 50 levels and a campaign that lasts 20-plus hours, is set in Southern Europe during the Middle Ages.

makes the game sound like total win to me.

The demo finally hit XBL today. I downloaded it, played it and loved it to bits. The visuals are fantastic, voiceovers are great, the music is epic and the gameplay is just my cup of tea. Roll on Friday!

i should have it first thing tommorow when i get home from work. Can't wait! And just in time for Fall.

I did not like the combat in the demo. The game has basic issues like being unable to suss out your timings and annoying enemies. Also the camera angles block your view from enemies completely. The demo only really showed off combat.

The expo demo had much more content but I did not want to spoil myself. Rental for now.

Sign in to follow this