NEurope

Yep and always seems to get the song right. Depends what part of the song you sample though it takes a relatively small sample...somethings had to try a couple of times.

Looks great, just like a console GT forced onto a handheld. Although, correct me if I'm wrong isn't that one of the things people didn't like about the PSP shortly after release? The best games were basically what you got on console, but not quite as good.

Regardless of that, this looks fantastic. Controls look spot on and graphics are great. Lots of Cars a tracks what else is there to hope for?

Considering this is PD I don't think they'd release this unless it was up to their high standards, the same as not having a cockpit view in GT until GT5.

Here is some definitive info on the game:

http://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-psp-what-we-know/

article has abit more and vids.

The Gran Turismo PSP car list will contain over 800 different vehicles, as was mentioned in the press conference. While the official list has not been released just yet, we got a pretty good glimpse of what’s available in the trailer - the most exciting of which is the Ferrari Enzo. Naturally, since it’s appearing in a GT game that will pre-date Gran Turismo 5, it dramatically increases the chances that it will be appearing in the “big game”.

Kazunori Yamauchi has mentioned that all of the tracks in Gran Turismo 4 will be in the game, although the official number is set a bit lower than GT4’s at 35. Thus, the safest and most obvious interpretation is that all of the tracks in GT PSP will be a subset of those found in the larger game.

However, we can confirm these 12 tracks were playable in the E3 demo - the most notable of which is the Nurburgring Nordschleife:

High Speed Ring

Laguna Seca

Trial Mountain

Nurburgring Nordschleife

Ice Arena

Cote d’Azur

Tsukuba

Grand Valley

Tokyo R246

Deep Forest

Grand Canyon

Swiss Alps

Seattle

Autumn Ring

Features and Gameplay

GT PSP will be the first game in the series to focus only on driving missions and tasks, instead of the “open” path to game completion which you may be used to. Yamauchi expanded on this decision in an interview, citing the fact that players will be playing this portable game in many different environments, and a more obvious sense of direction is necessary.

Of course, the mobile environment also creates new, social possibilities - you’ll be able to meet up with other players to swap and trade cars, wirelessly. For players looking to acquire the rare cars in the game, this may in fact be the only way to attain them, according to statements by Yamauchi. The social aspect isn’t just about trading cars, though - up to four players will be able to compete wirelessly via the PSP’s ad-hoc WiFi mode.

Many interviewers have inquired about the possibility of new content being made available for download after the games release (”DLC”), but Yamauchi has said that will not be an option. Tuning options and settings which affect the handling of the car will also be very limited compared to what we’ve seen in Gran Turismo 4.

Gtplanet keep an eye on this stuff. No normal GT mode but you have missions instead. Licence tests are in as missions, though not mentioned here.

I am assuming this is abit like GT5 Prologue is some missions as you had stuff like overtake all cars in one lap etc. So you have a mixture of challenges as well as the normal racing. Obviously need to have the game in hands first.

i506.jpg

Edited by Choze

Rallying is great, that guy is obviously shit but drifting in Colin Mcrae on PC was great, really mastered it, shame it couldn't master helicopter flight.

I think I shall be buying this come release day. I really enjoy the GT series and looking at the vids of the PSP version, man it looks so nice on that handheld.

New screens:

gran-turismo-psp-02-2.jpg

gran-turismo-psp-02-4.jpg

gran-turismo-psp-02-3.jpg

gran-turismo-psp-02-5.jpg

gran-turismo-psp-02-1.jpg

presumably via new photo mode. The car modeling is fantastic looks like a next gen game in that respect.

Insane.

Hopefully Nintendo's next console will have graphics as good as this.

And what's better is that game usually look better in motion. It may almost be worth getting this just as a showcase in how good the PSP stuff can look.

Yeah the new games are pretty good. GT leading the pack for racers.

Supposedly we should get blow out soon at GDC. The GTR in the screens i think is the 'Spec V' version.

That's exactly what I don't like about the PSP Go. Admittedly, it's the only thing I don't like about it. But now developers feel like they have to limit the size of their games to suit people who are going to be downloading them. A double layered UMD can hold 1.8gb of data, so they could have put 800mb of extra content in there.

GT looks very good, but the handling does look a bit iffy at the minute.

I was already a little erced that it seemed to take fact sony the wanted to flog there latest PSP model to finally get some new (potentally) AAA titles/big names on the PSP (eg LB plannet and Soul Calibur- GT as well but im not a fan and won't be getting that) but now the UMD versions of games could have more content but could well not due to the downloadable versions - just seems like typical sony to me.

I reciently finished Loco Roco it took me all of 7 hours - great while it lasted and I can go back to see if I can better my scores but as the game is totally 2D and simple looking (but great all the same) I thought it was a bit of a let down.

Depending on how LB plannet and Soul Calibur PSP turn out (content wise) will really effect my opinion long term of sony as a gaming company.

Edited by Pete

I was already a little erced that it seemed to take fact sony the wanted to flog there latest PSP model to finally get some new (potentally) AAA titles/big names on the PSP (eg LB plannet and Soul Calibur- GT as well but im not a fan and won't be getting that) but now the UMD versions of games could have more content but could well not due to the downloadable versions - just seems like typical sony to me.

I reciently finished Loco Roco it took me all of 7 hours - great while it lasted and I can go back to see if I can better my scores but as the game is totally 2D and simple looking (but great all the same) I thought it was a bit of a let down.

Depending on how LB plannet and Soul Calibur PSP turn out (content wise) will really effect my opinion long term of sony as a gaming company.

You arent very familiar with Sony as they dont have much in the way of compromise lol. Downloadable games can be equal to disk games. You cant say that for other systems. GT5P is over 10gb on the HDD.

You arent very familiar with Sony as they dont have much in the way of compromise lol. Downloadable games can be equal to disk games. You cant say that for other systems. GT5P is over 10gb on the HDD.

Yeah its true...if any company is all for offering downloads straight to HDD and full downloads at that its Sony look at their offering of Burnout Paradise as well...

Fair enough.

Photomode and boxart.

From gt-planet and Motortrend online.

gran-turismo-mobile-kazunori-yamauchi.jpg

3774118349_997bfcbde8.jpg

gran-turismo-psp-enzo-mclaren-02.jpg

3774118413_56de8689c8.jpg

gran-turismo-psp-enzo-mclaren-03.jpg

gran-turismo-psp-enzo-mclaren-01.jpg

gran-turismo-psp-corvette-zr1-2.jpg

3774118417_c3497617bf.jpg

3774118421_fe1a304508.jpg

gran-turismo-psp-nissan-gtr-dodge-viper-rear.jpg

Bear in mind GT PSP only has 4 cars on screen.

Edited by Choze

It looks incredible, but only 4 cars at any one time? Disappointing, although I wasn't really thinking of buying it before anyway. Might do with the eventuality of me buying a PSP.

That looks pretty good. Although I wonder what it would look like without the blurring.

That looks pretty good. Although I wonder what it would look like without the blurring.

There are vids in this thread. The new trailer also shows some snow racing. Twas good fun in Gt4 :)

Need to use the special tyres and turn at controlled speeds. Much like Top Gear.

Edited by Choze

The car models are better than most next gen games. Really good work! On the small screen it should look insane.

gran-turismo-psp-bugatti-veyron.png

gran-turismo-psp-lamborghini.jpg

gran-turismo-psp-ferrari-enzo.png

gran-turismo-psp-citroen-gt.png

gran-turismo-psp-nissan-gtr-vspec.png

GTplanet:

It’s a great day for Gran Turismo fans around the world, as it has just been revealed that the both Lamborghini and Bugatti are bringing their cars to Gran Turismo PSP and, presumably, Gran Turismo 5! The news came as Sony announced a special pre-order promotion for GT PSP, which entitles you to some type of code that gives you access to one of the following cars from “day one” in the game:

» 2009 Bugatti Veyron

» 2002 Enzo Ferrari

» 2008 GTbyCitroen

» 2009 Nissan GTR V-Spec

» 1974 Lamborghini Countach LP400 (more Lamborghini’s are also coming)

Their blog post is a bit scant on the details of how this will work, but they promise to reveal more on the program soon. Nobody’s too worried about that right now though, as most of us are still picking up our jaws off the floor. Enjoy the new screenshots of the cars below!

Ooops, I posted in the wrong GT thread. The pre-order bonus better be available on the download version.

Ooops, I posted in the wrong GT thread. The pre-order bonus better be available on the download version.

from ps blog: Stephanie Yoshimoto replied on August 4, 2009 at 4:07 pm

Yes. For those who are planning to purchase Gran Turismo from the PlayStation Network as a download, we will be able to share our plans for you shortly, but rest assured you are not forgotten.

Otherwise there is the simple solution ;)

Release not far now! Kind of amazing its actually going to come out. :p

Veyron vids galore on youtube.

Looking good. PSP is really heating up. Tried the dissida demo and its pretty good!

Release not far now! Kind of amazing its actually going to come out. :p

Veyron vids galore on youtube.

Looking good. PSP is really heating up. Tried the dissida demo and its pretty good!

Yeah 25/9 is a bit of a mental day to be honest. We have GT, Scribblenauts and Professor Layton then the week after FIFA 10!