NEurope
ShadowV7

Miyamoto's Roundtable

Actually, I take back what I said Blue, she is the sword, or spirit of it or whatever. Her cape makes up the crossbar bit of the Master Sword and then there's the gem in the middle. Her neck looks fairly grip like and her head looks like the butt of the MS too.

Well there goes the mystery....

Seems like a good twist about the Master Sword. How the hell could someone think it was Zelda? Idiot :heh:

..maybe she is more than the Master Sword?

Perhaps she can become a boomerang, bow and arrow, hammer.. all sorts of things :heh:

Stylistically that picture is a bit too much like Twilight Princess for my liking.

It also seems like the side-kick for the game has already been confirmed then. I just hope this one doesn't slight Princess Zelda as much as Midna did.

And Miyamoto says Link is meant to look older? He looks pretty much the same as he did in Twilight Princess.

I think the Master Sword should remain the Master Sword, it's been a constant to be found by the Hero throughout. Not quite sure what they're planning, but why would it suddenly be something different, isn't it best to apply that to a different sword?

I think the Master Sword should remain the Master Sword, it's been a constant to be found by the Hero throughout. Not quite sure what they're planning, but why would it suddenly be something different, isn't it best to apply that to a different sword?

I think the Master Sword has become far too iconic for that. Obviously they wanted us to realise that she is the sword.

So you're saying she's always been the sword?

Not necessarily. I'm not arguing for it from an in-game perspective, but from a real world perspective.

That being said, there are many ways they could implement this. The sword has always been magical - perhaps it has always had some of personality of its own which has been brought forth due to some event? Or maybe this girl has been fused with the sword due to a curse or an accident?

Actually, I take back what I said Blue, she is the sword, or spirit of it or whatever.

I think that was pretty obvious right away from that pic, that's why I posted it.

I like the idea that maybe she has always been the mastersword in all of the games. Maybe now with a higher purpose.

It doesn't really matter if it was or not, you're being a bit pedantic. We're referring to the art style. Twilight Princess may have been cel-shaded, but it looked nothing like Wind Waker.

That was my point actually.

I've looked a bit into this now, apparently, not everything was cell shaded or something like that.

---------------

TP had a rather Nice art style. It was other things that made it feel different from other Zelda games. The enemies were one thing that could have been a lot better, but the art style was good.

This thread should really be merged with the other one in Wii Discussion.

Speculation:

I'm thinking like most other people that she is the sword. I think she always has been. Perhaps this game will have something to do with the Master Sword becoming the four sword.

Edited by Emasher

119q7nt.jpg

I just noticed that part [top and left side] of the figure is highlighted. The highlighted area forms a vague sword shape and fit's perfectly with where Links sword would be should it be on his back!

Spirit of the Master Sword all the way!

Maybe it's a vampire and it just gets sparklely in the light.

Doesn't light make vampires burst into flames?

Yea, except twilight ones, so really I was making fun of the stupidity of Twilight.

..hmm.. you can make out someone's hand (I think :eek:) on the left of the picture.. Ganondorf..?

Yeh, looking into it a little too much now.. :heh:

..hmm.. you can make out someone's hand (I think :eek:) on the left of the picture.. Ganondorf..?

Yeh, looking into it a little too much now.. :heh:

You've made me see his nose and lips in the rock now! ;)

That's the edge of the cave he's in. And the light is obviously from outside, its lit up the whole of the left side of the picture, not just the spirit thing.

People read too much in to the smallest things!! :)

Though I agree that this thing is the master sword

People read too much in to the smallest things!! :)

Its Zelda, and all we have is a pice of concept art. We need something to speculate on, and this is it.