NEurope
Retro_Link

The Last Guardian

I really hope they release Ico / SoTC on BluRay before this comes out. I get the bad feeling that going back to them after this would make them feel dated, but I really want to experience them.

I don't think they will... hence I've recently bought them in PS2 format and I will play them both before this comes out.

Ueda Interview

I really hope they release Ico / SoTC on BluRay before this comes out. I get the bad feeling that going back to them after this would make them feel dated, but I really want to experience them.

From the Joystiq interview:

"Nico" didn't eventually end up having Network connectivity. However, do you see The Last Guardian taking advantage of the PlayStation Network in any way?

There are some plans, but it's really a big question mark whether it will be realistically achievable. So, I can't really explain the content of it.

Many gamers may have missed Ico or Shadow of the Colossus on PS2. Do you, or Sony, have any plans to reintroduce those games on the PS3?

There isn't any concrete activity on that, but I do have a great interest in it.

Erm. Gameplay please?

It's all well and good looking awesome, but I can only be so interested from that type of trailer.

Some news on Last Guardian

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/06/07/e3-2012-the-last-guardian-was-too-mired-in-tech-problems-to-make-it-to-e3/

E3 2012: The Last Guardian Was Too Mired in Tech Problems to Make It to E3

the-last-guardian.jpg

One of Sony's other most anticipated titles didn't make it to the big show because it's stuck in "Glitchville".

Eurogamer talked to Sony Worldwide president Shuhei Yoshida at E3 about the whereabouts of The Last Guardian, which made its first public debut at E3 back in 2009.

Yoshida said the developers were still experiencing some "technical difficulties" and could get a demo ready in time for this week's E3, even though it has been in development for quite a long time.

"The team is back in Tokyo is working hard, and there are some technical difficulties that the team is focused on right now. That's why we don't have an update."

He didn't offer any specifics on the exact nature of the "difficulties" but I imagine just trying to keep the title from falling into development hell is a particularly big difficulty all by itself at this point.

Here's an idea, hire more than 25 people to make the bloody thing.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2013-10-03-shuhei-yoshida-playstation-4-indies-and-the-xbox-one

Q: I'll wrap up with an inevitable question which you're probably not going to answer. The Last Guardian - where is it? It's in this building [sony Studios Japan] somewhere, presumably?

Shuhei Yoshida: Yeah, in this building!

Q: What console is it coming out on?

Shuhei Yoshida: Ahh... That, I cannot talk about.

Q: It doesn't seem to make any sense for it to a PS3 title so late in the lifespan. I know they have PS4 kits in their office, because I heard them talking about them...

Shuhei Yoshida: So, we're waiting for the right time to re-introduce The Last Guardian in an appropriate way. I can't... Well, the game is in development, and it's well staffed, and Ueda-san is here, working - even though he's not a Sony employee, he's dedicated to the product. But we're not ready to update yet.

Q: The hiatus that was talked about at one time, that's over now? It's back in full production?

Shuhei Yoshida: Hiatus, I never... It was Jack Tretton! He used that term, and I said no, hiatus is misleading. It was a hiatus in terms of releasing new information. The game has never stopped - the team has always been here. They're going through the re-engineering of the game, so the team size is smaller, because it's more engineering focused right now.

Birddog!!!! I want one!

The game looks a bit boring though, intrigued to find out more.

My mate just caught up on the conference and texted me:

"TLG...goosebumps"

:D

I don't get what is going on at E3 this year, everyones wild speculations have come true

my wild speculation before the con was TLG, FF7, Shenmue 3, Metroid and right now i'm hitting 3/4 on my never gonna happen list

I love that they opened with this. Thought if they were going to do it, they'd leave it until the end, but now. Conference opens, BOOM.

Looked great.

Will there be another Guardian after this one?

No, that was the last one. :heh:

Birddog!!!! I want one!

The game looks a bit boring though, intrigued to find out more.

Yeah same, just don't get the hype... though the gameplay style is the kind of thing I love so maybe it will be stunning, but thought that was boring, typical puzzler stuff. 3 bits cliched annoyed me which didn't help 1. Walking along the plank at the beginning, camera angle from above like every film and game that does something different, so dull, and no beautiful site underneath to make it worth it, especially when directly in front of the character is a fucking wonderful creature I'd much rather be looking at. 2. the slow mo jump... it wasn't dramatic, we all knew what was going to happen, making such a big moment out of it to be "cinematic", cringe 3. Same about the slow mo bit doing the same thing when he grabbed the tail. Just really amateur cinema direction

I also think it looks pretty ropey... We'll see I guess!!

Nah, it looks awesome. Enjoyed being in the chatroom for Birddog's big rereveal - like Daft says I'm surprised they opened with it! First of many great surprises.

So very glad this is coming through after all (though, of course, embarrassed to have bought a ps3 partially to play it). Looks beautiful, and the music and sound design are spot on. Nice to see some gameplay at last!

Now just looking forward to Beyond Good and Evil 2 as my gaming white whale...

This game is beauty beyond words. Everything about it screams out to me, I have to have this game!

It'd been so long I almost forgot about it completely.