NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Dr.Boo

Next Paper Mario?

Hi guys. First of all, don't get me wrong, I find it absolutely great that we're gonna get New Super Mario Bros Wii and Super Mario Galaxy 2. I've been waiting for more Super Mario games on the Wii for ages and SMG was really a blast. Nintendo has listened to the long time fans who felt left behind for the casual gamers.

However, I was quietly hoping for a new Paper Mario game (not like SPM, but like PM:TTYD.. an RPG). Now I'm pretty sure this game will be made one day eventually but E3 would have been brilliant if this was announced too.

Ah well I guess we'll need patience. In the meanwhile, SMG2 and NSMB Wii are fine by me!

Who else is hoping for a third Paper Mario?

I so want Paper Mario 3 >_<

It's one of those RPG's that's awesome for the fact that it doesn't try to be epic.It makes you love all the characters more then the story itself. Which very few games as a whole can do

So 'Super Paper Mario' is sort of a side-game then......

If y'all think that, I totally agree, because the game could've been so much better if they used the gameplay mechanics of PM: TTYD....

LOVED THE STAGE!

Hated it when you had to sort of jump on bosses and use bowser with his fire on them, that really killed an epic bossfight. Some of them I even killed within a minute:wtf:

Story was just as awesome as the others though....

I loved paper mario on the cube but didnt really get into the wii one, need to start playing it again sometime.

Paper Mario anyone?

Serisouly, we need to discuss more possibilities and rumours about the next Paper Mario.

Does anybody know anything about the return of Count Bleck?:laughing:Bleck bleck bleck bleck

OK super paper mario was a good idea but excecuted horribly. I never played the gamecube one but the n64 one was awesome and so much better than the mario&luigi games.

I'd like to see them do super paper mario but really go into the graphics more, I'd be happy with both but I really think we're a long way off getting one for a while. :(

Seriously mcj Metroid, if you loved the Paper Mario on the N64 you have no idea how Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door will change your life.

That is game is in my top five easily!

ive been meaning to go back and replay TTYD. i remember playing it around this time about 4 years ago and it was truly an experience.

I left Thousand Year Door at the last boss battle and am too lazy to go back and finish it. Recurring trend for me in rpg's, I can't find myself caring enough about the stories of modern games to even bother if I don't see the ending.

That's basically the reason I don't care if Nintendo make another Paper Mario game too, lack of interest in rpg's. They have the M&L series on DS at least for well written humour and Mario RPG mechanics anyway. Since they're never going to go full out with production values for console rpg's like other developers do I'd say handheld rpg's are more fitting for Nintendo anyway.

Super Pario Mario on the Wii was amazing. Not played the others, but I hope for a sequel :)

I didn't actually beat the game either. I think I got about half way through the final dungeon. It was a great game though, and I'd be all for a new proper Paper Mario, I still haven't played Super Paper Mario though.

Seriously mcj Metroid, if you loved the Paper Mario on the N64 you have no idea how Paper Mario and the Thousand Year Door will change your life.

That is game is in my top five easily!

really is it that good. If i recall I never got it at the time because the price never went down from 60 euros where I lived.

Must track it down these days

It is THAT good!

Paper Mario games often have a very unique humour style too, you know.

The stories in every Mario RPG are just incredible and I always enjoy reading the dialogue.

These games never fail to put a smile on my face.

Paper Mario: TTYD is really one hell of an experience with tons of memorable characters, plottwists, storylines and fighting methods.

That game + The Windwaker made my Gamecube days complete:D:D:D:D:D

Edited by Fused King

Now that this thread has been bumped, I really do wonder what Intelligent Systems have been making lately...

I really hope E3 Nintendo can finally show everyone what Intelligent Systems, Retro Studio's, Sora etc etc... have been up too

Paper Mario: TTYD is really one hell of an experience with tons of memorable characters, plottwists, storylines and fighting methods.

That game + The Windwaker made my Gamecube days complete:D:D:D:D:D

I will agree that it was a great game. I remember one prominent feeling I had during playing the game is that it definitely had the "Nintendo magic". I can't say that for every title they release now but I felt it strongly during that game.

"Nintendo magic".

Best to ask now, but what is the 'Nintendo magic' everyone keeps talking about? People just say it like a normal thing as a matter of fact it's one of the most common things I hear nowadays when trying to hang crap on newer games, yet I have never been told what it really is in detail.

I left Thousand Year Door at the last boss battle

I'm at the same point in Paper Mario 64. I loved it and got right to the end, but no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't beat the final boss. My items weren't useful enough and I just wasn't levelled up enough. :( I would love to finish it, but you go past a point of no return so, as far as I know, I can't go back anywhere to level up.

Best to ask now, but what is the 'Nintendo magic' everyone keeps talking about?

An ass load of polish.

Every other publisher: "The Game is done, lets ship this bitch."

Nintendo: "Galaxy 2 has been done since November. Lets keep polishing it for the next 6-12 months until what we're doing can no longer legally be classified as work."

Edited by LostOverThere

An ass load of polish.

Nintendo: "Galaxy 2 has been done since November. Lets keep polishing it for the next 6-12 months until what we're doing can no longer legally be classified as work."

:love::love::love:

@ Darksnowman

Silly banana, one of the best things about Paper Mario games are usually the credits and the end 'cut-scenes'.

An ass load of polish.

Maybe they've run out 'Nintendo Sheen' because they seem to have been applying 'Casual Bang' lately.

Maybe they've run out 'Nintendo Sheen' because they seem to have been applying 'Casual Bang' lately.

But you see, thats what I don't get, all of Nintendo games, even casual games have had this so called magic.

I thought the magic was because Nintendo develop a game knowing they are making a game...and not a movie like the rest of the developers :hmm:

Mainly yeah you're right, but they could do better.

Wii-Fit could have had downloadable content, not even Wii-Fit Plus does, and that game also has some problems. Wii Music could have been so much more.

NSMB Wii has the fun factor, but surely in the past Nintendo Magic would have meant that game having a beautiful 2D art style... an evolution of SMW2: Yoshi's Island and Shake Dimension perhaps.

And they havn't followed up with anything to support Wii-Motion+ which has been out for 6months... not even a Wario Ware title.

I dunno, next years gonna be HUGE, with Mario 2 and Metroid (though that's largely a colaborative effort) and a look at Zelda. But for me they're just not providing the love at the moment.

Mainly yeah you're right, but they could do better.

Wii-Fit could have had downloadable content, not even Wii-Fit Plus does, and that game also has some problems. Wii Music could have been so much more.

Your right about that, most likely when the next Nintendo system is out they will make some expansion to some of the games, I still didn't mind Wii Fit Plus, had a fair few little updates.

NSMB Wii has the fun factor, but surely in the past Nintendo Magic would have meant that game having a beautiful 2D art style... an evolution of SMW2: Yoshi's Island and Shake Dimension perhaps.

Hmm...yeah, but it's obvious that they were going to go for this style of Mario game, since NSMB on the DS has a massive diarrea problem and can't stop shitting out money.

I enjoyed the game though vastly and I'll most likely continue playing the game.

I dunno, next years gonna be HUGE, with Mario 2 and Metroid (though that's largely a colaborative effort) and a look at Zelda. But for me they're just not providing the love at the moment.

See this is now the one thing I don't get, and I blame Nintendo for mostly doing this. But it's like Nintendo last gen made this vast greatness that has left a mark on people that now think that every game has to be the greatest thing ever known to man. People now expect Nintendo to make something so incredible that well...might be impossible to do :heh:

Zelda TP is a fantastic example of this, Nintendo hyped this game so much that everyone thought it would be the game that would never ever get a 9.9 but always a 10.

Zelda TP is a fantastic game and is easily as good as the other Zelda games, but because of the hype, it made people...hate it, even though it should not get the hate as it's really on par with the rest of them.

Everyone now has this expectation on a game that's different to everyone else now that...sometimes I see why Nintendo try to keep everything to their chest and release the game 3 months after it's announced, so fans can't make up their minds on what they want.

Mario Galaxy 2 will be interesting indeed when that comes out and too see how everyone reacts to it, same with Metroid: Other M

Sign in to follow this