NEurope

The next true installment of the Metal Gear series arrives on the PSP. Set a few years after the events of MGS3 you are once again in control of Big Boss as the game bridges the events between Metal Gear Solid 3 and the original Metal Gear.

Yeesh no. Didn't like MGS3 at all, Rising looks much more up my street.

Thing is, I don't see how people would want to 'go back a generation' for the next apparently 'true' installment. I'd find that pretty hard to take.

Yeesh no. Didn't like MGS3 at all, Rising looks much more up my street.

Bolt lightening action :p This is the tactical espionage one.

Thing is, I don't see how people would want to 'go back a generation' for the next apparently 'true' installment. I'd find that pretty hard to take.

Dragon Quest did it, and a lot of people are still looking forward to IX and X.

the two men in a box bit was piss funny.

so: co-op tactical espionage action! Could be really good.

loved MGS 3, too. The low fi cold war feel was bloody brilliant.

I finished MGS3 a few weeks ago so I am very excited for this.

I need to finish MGS 1 and 2 though before I get into this so I can know what questions this new game answers.

I think the ending to MGS3 is the best ending to a game ever.

I think the ending to MGS3 is the best ending to a game ever.

Did you shed a tear too? Or was that just me?

THIS GAME LOOKS SEXTASTIC!!!!

I nearly did, the ending was very emotional :cry:

There was a lump in my throat. :heh:

Well heard that this is being made by the Metal Gear team and whilst Rising's Lightning Bolt Action will be handled by a different team which figures.

Personally really looking forward to it. Definitely got to pick up a PS2 now to finally play Subsistence.

One interesting theory Mark Mcdonald one Listen Up! had was that perhaps the game will have a Monster Hunter multiplayer vibe? He based it purely on the 4 snakes and the appearance of Metal Gear Ray as the Dragon kinda...its just a theory he said it was the first thing that sprung to his mind when he saw the trailer...personally am intrigued how the hell they will explain four naked snakes in the story...guess it is simple cloning, but justifying it in a plot is a bit different...unless the multiplayer is separate and not a part of the main story.

I know I'm not alone here, but I found MGS3 to be the best by a mile. So this is definitely a good thing. :)

I actually think it could work really well, there's sometimes a certain charm that older 3D graphics technology can possess and this looks to have it. If there's lots of content then it could be great.

The short time I've spent playing MGS3, it's been my least favourite. They made the camera so annoying in that game.

That's the same as Dragon Quest IX, but that still got solid reviews :o

The focus of the Famitsu update is on the game's multiplayer cooperative component. This area of the game allows for two to four players to team up to clear missions.

Players will have to work together in a variety of ways for this area of the game. Screenshots show one player using the other player as a step to reach a higher platform. Another screen shows one player holding up a closing door while the other player runs inside.

Players can also save their allies. In one screen, we see one player reviving another player through CPR. Will there be mouth to mouth as well?

Kojima and crew have come up with some unique systems to facilitate multiplayer play. If you make your character put his hand on the back of another player's character, the two characters will be connected. When one moves, the other will follow automatically.

Some screens show a mysterious red ring surrounding two characters. While Famitsu doesn't say for sure, it seems that when these rings are overlapping, the two characters can share weapons and equipment.

Obviously, the multiplayer support suggests the strong possibility for strategic play. A few examples in Famitsu show players teaming up with multiple types of guns, allowing for long distance and close-range fire. One screen shows one character grabbing an enemy from behind after the enemy had been alerted to the other player approaching from the front.

Excellent trailer, may of just made me want a PSP Go. It would of had to be a Metal Gear game wouldn't it? I bought my 2000 with Portable Ops..

new scan:

2923bsk.jpg

Master Miller. :)

Master Miller is Big Boss' partner in the game, while Paz and Galvez make up the rest of the "support" team.

After people played MGS 2 they later on went onto play MSG 3 which wasn't a sequel to 2 but set way before MGS1. This type of thing has worked before so I don't see why it can't happen again. I've got all the MG games on the PSP so I'm looking forward to this one coming out.

Shame that there's still no word from Kojima san about any Wii or DS Metal Gear game.