NEurope

Well fuck me sideways that's alot of product placement.

The other stuff in this game are;

- Doritos will be used as a health boost

- Mountain Dew and Pepsi Nex drinks as recover items.

- Axe body spray used as a recovery item.

- Assassin Creed II eagle dive into an Assassin's Straw Box item.

- Walkman's can be found to listen to music. Sony will also release a special edition Walkman.

- Famitsu, Dengeki Playstation, Dengeki Games and Shounen will be featured in the game in some form.

- Square will be making Peace Walker action figures.

IGN

I was going to bold the bits I thought to be ridiculous, but it's all pretty fucking stupid.

A Walkman? Can you even buy cassettes nowadays? Is this the 90s again? What's going on? Who's the prime minister?

With all that product placement, the game better be cheaper than a non advertising packed game. Let's face it though, it won't. I'm kind of duty bound to buy this at some point as I collect the MGS games, but I'll be sure to get it second hand so none of my money goes to the money grabbing bastards.

I was going to bold the bits I thought to be ridiculous, but it's all pretty fucking stupid.

A Walkman? Can you even buy cassettes nowadays? Is this the 90s again? What's going on? Who's the prime minister?

Walkman are still being made today and MGSPW will have all kinds of Walkmans from the 70's upto now.

Kojima insisted on his Twitter that advertisements in the MGS series aren’t about making money, they’re about entertainment. “It’s different from Hollywood-style merchandising,†he wrote, noting that he would stop dealing with outside corporations if the “surprise†and “freshness†were lost on fans.

The final details are;

• Assassin’s Creed II: Snake can jump into a hay bale and use it to move undetected, much like he did with the cardboard boxes from previous games. He can also pull enemies into the bale to dispatch them.
  • AXE: Snake can wear an AXE t-shirt or use AXE body spray to heal himself.
  • Doritos: Snake can eat them to heal himself.
  • Japanese magazines Famitsu, Dengeki Playstation, Dengeki Games and Shounen will appear in the game.
  • Monster Hunter: Snake can go on Monster Hunter style quests with a felyne companion from the series.
  • Mountain Dew: Snake can wear a Mountain Dew t-shirt or drink a can to restore health.
  • Pepsi NEX: Snake can drink Pepsi to heal himself.
  • Sony: Snake has Walkman music players that can be used to listen to music from the game.
  • Uniqlo: Shirts sold from Uniqlo (a clothing store) come with a code that unlocks shirts Snake can wear in the game.
  • Front Mission: MGS: Peace Walker will feature interactivity with Front Mission Evolved, allowing players to exchange parts acquired from boss characters in Peace Walker with the upcoming mech based action title.

2132412048_view.jpg

2132412047_view.jpg

2132411885_view.jpg

2132411884_view.jpg

2132411883_view.jpg

2132412051_view.jpg

2132412050_view.jpg

English Trailer

Subbed

Some of the parachuting weapons are beyond stupid. Sending them upwards indoors wouldn't work, let alone sending a tank into the air.

I want to see this

peace_walker_special_psp_Bundle.jpg

or this

peace_walker_nomal_psp_Bundle.jpg

in Europe. Perhaps I'll get it then.

Btw: The PSP Go can only play downloaded games. The PSP Slim can play UMDs. Can the PSP Slim play downloaded games, as well?

Might be a stupid question but I really don't know :D

Has this game been delayed agian becuse I got a E-mail from game saying

Dear Mr Candela

Thank you for the following order placed with GAME.

As you may already be aware, the UK release date for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker with Free In Game T-Shirt & Gun has changed to 09-Jul-2010. Changes to release dates are relatively common in the videogames industry and are unfortunately beyond our control.

Don't worry, your order is still live and will be despatched prior to its release date via your chosen method of delivery.

Edited by canand

now they changed it agian

Has this game been delayed agian becuse I got a E-mail from game saying

Dear Mr Candela

Thank you for the following order placed with GAME.

As you may already be aware, the UK release date for Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker with Free In Game T-Shirt & Gun has changed to 18-June-2010. Changes to release dates are relatively common in the videogames industry and are unfortunately beyond our control.

Don't worry, your order is still live and will be despatched prior to its release date via your chosen method of delivery