NEurope
Sign in to follow this  
Choze

Final Fantasy XIV

@Sheikah That was what made the game fun! Levelling to 75 took me 7 months haha, I was a BLM so I couldn't get a party between levels 25-70! Manaburns kicked in at 70 (5BLM 1BRD or 1RDM), but I still hit 75 on my own in Mt Zahylom! The sense of accomplishment was immense!

2009 they released abyssea which made levelling faster and upped the level cap to 99. You could go from level 30 to 99 in a couple of days. I stopped playing in 2013 and recently went back. They have now added crystals everywhere that you can warp to from any other crystal instantly so you can go from 1 end of the world to sky in a second. Also they added these things called trusts which which you unlock then can summon to make your own party. You can have you and 4 trusts at the minute so I always use me a whm a tank then some DD.

They also added this thing called records of eminence which is basically free xp for doing normal things like getting an earth crystal.

The only thing is that this has made it feel like a WoW clone! And yeah the graphics are very outdated now.

I wish something would grab me like FFXI did but maybe it's because it was my first experience with a MMO.

Just got the Bard unlocked. So far its pretty enjoyable. Quite quest heavy. Plenty of quests are clearly filler. The game is great overall though. Love the locations. There are lots of interesting towns and hubs. Havent enjoyed a MMORPG this much since early wow. Your abilities are also locked behind quests but it puts emphasis on not just leveling up but building your character :)

I like the fact ffxiv is doing its own thing. Exploration is great. Story emphasis makes it stand out. Graphics are the best in the genre. It has great UI out of the box. Has conveniences others games dont have (and missing stuff other games do). The world is alive. People are busy doing things not afking in a queue all day in a Garrison. There definately downs but minor when it comes to the big picture. Most importantly it is a fun game.

As i said just unlocked Bard so I am still less than half way. No rush imo. Going to savour this experience.

Bought Heavensward a few days ago, but can't access the content yet. Need to finish all the story up to patch 2.55 - which shouldn't take long as I was up to patch 2.4.

Bit annoying but I can see the reasons behind it. It will mean though that new players will reach level 50 and stop there for a week or so (YMMV) until the story is finished and progress into Ishgard to start Heavensward, where I presume XP can be earned again to 60.

Bought Heavensward a few days ago, but can't access the content yet. Need to finish all the story up to patch 2.55 - which shouldn't take long as I was up to patch 2.4.

Bit annoying but I can see the reasons behind it. It will mean though that new players will reach level 50 and stop there for a week or so (YMMV) until the story is finished and progress into Ishgard to start Heavensward, where I presume XP can be earned again to 60.

Huge contrast from WOW for me. I am glad i get to enjoy the old content! If you are new to WOW you siimply level up via any means necessary or pay to get to 90. Shortly after that boom 100 and the only great thing left is raiding... Thats WOW currently.

Here the levels matter less but its a matter of getting your class qualities (via quests) and story. I'll see how it works out. No doubt many quests are just thrown in. But so far I am enjoying this way more than say Dragon Age as a single player game even.

Level 48.

Pretty fast. Nearing Heavensward. :)

Enjoying the game. Quests are clearly more spread out now. More features unlocked etc. Just hurtling towards the level 50 mark then work on the patch content prior to Heavensward expansion.

Anyone else on this?

I can safely say the SSHD 1TB by Seagate is pretty awesome. There is hardly any difference between this and my SSD on the PC! You can clearly tell the cache changes if i switch to other games, loading is abit slower at first. If I stick to one game the speed increases dramatically to SSd levels. At its slowest its still faster than the 7,2000 rpm Hitachi i had.

Edited by Choze

This game. Oh my, great ending.

On Heavensward now. Great so far. Really enjoying it. Ishgard is well designed. Rare to see proper cities in games nowadays. Only been in two zones so far. The sea of clouds is beautiful. You can tell flying is going to be a big deal.

I will say that the mainline quests took ages. They are cumpolsory but important story wise so it was worth it imo.

Finally got the game all updated and started playing this morning. Looks like I got the same starting area as I did when I played the beta.

At the moment I'm an archer as I read that was a good class to start with, then to move onto a Thaumaturge when you reach level 10 (or whatever level it is). Im not exactly finding the archer all that fun though so im wondering if I made a mistake. Dont know if I should just hold out until I make the switch to Thaumaturge or just ditch this character while its still early.

At the moment I'm an archer as I read that was a good class to start with, then to move onto a Thaumaturge when you reach level 10 (or whatever level it is). Im not exactly finding the archer all that fun though so im wondering if I made a mistake. Dont know if I should just hold out until I make the switch to Thaumaturge or just ditch this character while its still early.

Any second class has a 50% bonus XP boost below your max class level. So maybe do Thaumaturge first? So the Archer bit is done quickly? I did my Pugilist that way so I could get Bard for my Archer. The real interesting abilities come later.

The starting area for Thaumaterge is better imo (Ul Dah). My fave is Limsa Lominsa. But to be honest you will out level your start area quickly and the mainline quest sends you everywhere. At 15 you can travel to the other cities anyhow :)

http://ffxiv.gamerescape.com/wiki/Category:Disciplines

http://finalfantasy.wikia.com/wiki/Thaumaturge

I just ended up sticking with my Archer. I need it leveled to 15 anyway if I ever want to become a black mage. Im level 13 at the moment and have just unlocked the ability to join other guilds.

I just ended up sticking with my Archer. I need it leveled to 15 anyway if I ever want to become a black mage. Im level 13 at the moment and have just unlocked the ability to join other guilds.

The Black Mage will have bonus xp till 15 or whatever the archer is anyhow. :)

Also join a free company(guild is the equivalent in most games) to get acquainted with other players. Some of them have their own company house and other perks such as people offering gear while leveling up as they work on professions etc.

Just resubbed to this. Been quite a while since I last played so when all these updates are finished downloading I'm gonna have to spend some time relearning how to play the game!

Patch 3.4 is out next week and I can not wait to dive into all the new juicy content, see where the story is heading to in the next expansion as well as the conclusion of the Alexander raid which I can't wait to see how crazy Savage ver will be :D Also The Goddess Sophia from the warring triads, really awesome to see the statues from FFVI in this game and seeing them in such amazing graphics.

3.4 trailer

Looking good! I am deep into WOW again but will pick this up soon!

Anyone else got this?

This is one of many PS4 and PC shared online games.

Hoping they improved my old class if not will try a new one and use the xp boosts.

Part 2 of the documentary is up. I really enjoyed the first part so I'm looking forward to watching this.

Edited by Happenstance

Cool. I am looking to see what they added here but the queues ruin my playtime.

I havent got the new expansion yet as I only just resubscribed and am only level 32 with my Black Mage but I've found as long as I avoid the evenings the queues have been ok and pretty quick.

On June 23, 2017 at 2:34 PM, Happenstance said:

The first part of Danny O'Dwyer's NoClip FFXIV documentary has been released

I finally got around to watching this today. Fantastic stuff. It was interesting to hear just how ignorant SE were. They were in their own little bubble, blissfully unaware of what games were being made around them. Reminds me of Nintendo's ignorance in regards to certain things.

Wada was a complete wreck for SE. The guy didn't have a clue. 

I'm looking forward to the next part. I hope it shows the ending of the first version of the game. I remember I watched a video about that just last year. It was amazing how they intergrated it into the game. Watching thousands of players standing together as their online world came tumbling down was quite heart warming.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Hero-of-Time said:

I finally got around to watching this today. Fantastic stuff. It was interesting to hear just how ignorant SE were. They were in their own little bubble, blissfully unaware of what games were being made around them. Reminds me of Nintendo's ignorance in regards to certain things.

Wada was a complete wreck for SE. The guy didn't have a clue. 

I'm looking forward to the next part. I hope it shows the ending of the first version of the game. I remember I watched a video about that just last year. It was amazing how they intergrated it into the game. Watching thousands of players standing together as their online world came tumbling down was quite heart warming.

I'm thinking about donating to Danny's Patreon after watching these. I've really enjoyed them and I think its great that they're being made. Props to Square Enix as well for allowing their employees to be so open about it all.

1 minute ago, Happenstance said:

I'm thinking about donating to Danny's Patreon after watching these. I've really enjoyed them and I think its great that they're being made. Props to Square Enix as well for allowing their employees to be so open about it all.

Yeah, I found that quite surprising. They were quite honest about how much of a mess their game was.

Well i am making my way through the Heavensward patches. Hope its not too long till Stormblood stuff. 

Queues are better this week.

Regarding the videos: Even now the game is behind WOW but there are lots to like.

Rebought FFXIV this morning for PC. I just really wanted to be able to use mouse & keyboard instead of a controller as I was getting a bit sick of having to cycle through menus etc to get to powers/emotes. I know I could have used a keyboard & mouse on PS4 but to buy those would be around the same price as the PC version and that included Heavensward and Stormblood so I figured why not.

Edited by Happenstance

The PS4 game is the same. Stormblood includes Heavensward and yeah it works with almost any keyboard and mouse. 

More focused on WOW right now as Tomb of Sargeras is open and lots of lore bombs for the future. 

Sign in to follow this