NEurope
Retro_Link

Metroid: Other M

you're seeing the light!?

what the fuck is going on?

What we need to do is hook me up to Wii Vitality and see what happens when I watch the trailer!

No offense but this looked utter crap to me as they seem to be erasing Metroid Prime pretty much. Team Ninja on a RPG? It could be like a Star Fox with Namco. What was wrong with Retro?

No offense but this looked utter crap to me as they seem to be erasing Metroid Prime pretty much. Team Ninja on a RPG? It could be like a Star Fox with Namco. What was wrong with Retro?

This isn't an RPG. And it's not just Team Ninja. It's Team Ninja working together with the Nintendo studio responsible for all 2D Metroids ever, so the potential for this game is massive. I think it's a good thing Retro is allowed to do other things at the moment.

They are in no way erasing Prime. The Prime story is over, time to move on!...

And yeah Retro need to be allowed to do their own thing now. If they'd been put on another Metroid project I'm not sure they would have stuck around with Nintendo much longer tbh.

It could be like a Star Fox with Namco. What was wrong with Retro?

I suppose you already know, but Star Fox: Assault was developed by Namco? True, it's not the highlight of the series.

Anyway, I can understand that Retro was a bit fed up with Metroid. After all, how long have they been working with the franchise? Pretty long. After a while you crave something new. And the Prime-concept was running out of juice anyway. Don't want to end up like Kojima who can't work on anything without the criticism that it isn't a Metal Gear. Well, Castlevania pretty much changed that, but you catch my drift.

Guess we'll have to wait and see for this one. Can't say I'm already sold. Want to see more gameplay and less flashy cutscenes.

Edited by Strange Cookie

Not all Metroids need to be done by Retro, besides, they're working on something else. Nor is it just Team Ninja working on it. I can't help but feel that folk are forgetting that Nintendo are also working on it.

I didn't think it were possible for anyone to not be happy or at least partly pleased with this game...but there's always one.

Prime is over. It's done. It's a trilogy and forever will be remembered that way. There's not going to do a George Lucas and shit on what good there was in that trilogy and keep carrying it on until every ounce of good has gone. They couldn't have picked a better time to put it down, walk away and try something else.

It's a brave decision, and I believe it will pay off in the end. I'm looking forward to this waaaay more than Galaxy 2.

I love that RPG subgenre that's actually a platform game.

What a surprise, Captain of the PS3 fanboys comes in to have a pop at what is possibly the most anticipated and talked about game of the show!

To be fair, Zech and Choze cancel each other out. I can't help but think that if this was football, it would be a drab 0-0 encounter were both teams show off a lot but ultimately fail to make that breakthrough.

I don't know which is the greater of the two evils. Maybe some kind of poll to decide?

I didn't think it were possible for anyone to not be happy or at least partly pleased with this game...but there's always one.

Don't worry Flink, it's just Choze. :)

I'm just about to buy Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, as the trailer's gotten me unusually hyped for a Metroid game... On HMV, it still comes with the limited edition katana stylus!

Don't worry Flink, it's just Choze. :)

I'm just about to buy Ninja Gaiden: Dragon Sword, as the trailer's gotten me unusually hyped for a Metroid game... On HMV, it still comes with the limited edition katana stylus!

It's a pretty decent game :smile:

I completed it in a few days and although it was quite repetitive, I did enjoy my time with it :smile:

Ninja Gaiden has always seemed appealing to me, but I've never really had a chance to play one other than Dragon Sword.. but for me, the new Metroid looks better each time I watch it :yay:

To be fair, Zech and Choze cancel each other out. I can't help but think that if this was football, it would be a drab 0-0 encounter were both teams show off a lot but ultimately fail to make that breakthrough.

Exactly. I want this console wars bullshit to stay out of my Metroid thread.

Exactly. I want this console wars bullshit to stay out of my Metroid thread.

Haha, Metroid needs to remain puuure.

Also, well done to ShineyLightWoman (DarkSnowMan) (also, DSM) for turning the corner. I hope this game keeps on drawing you into the bosom of Mother Brain.

Read that interview posted by H-o-T and I'm still interested in this Metroid game.

Have I turned the corner?

I can sense it, Hell has frozen over!

Even I am slightly interested in this game now after seeing that trailer, and I've never even played a Metroid game. =P

Still, chances are low I'll ever play it, though it'll all depend what direction this game is given I guess.

you should at least play Super Metroid

I tried it for like, two minutes, and didn't really like it. =P

Just not a big fan of platformers usually, so it didn't grab me.

I think it's kind of funny hearing the complaints that this sort of action perspective is all wrong for the series following the Prime games - I can still recall the complaints about turning a classic platformer like Metroid into a "FPS" after Prime was first unveiled. :heh:

I think its great they find yet another way to re-imagine the series. Genius move really and it seems in the right direction.

It's not the perspective that worries me- it's the potential shift towards action at the expense of what makes the series appealing.

also: not digging the story elements. At all.

I think it's kind of funny hearing the complaints that this sort of action perspective is all wrong for the series following the Prime games - I can still recall the complaints about turning a classic platformer like Metroid into a "FPS" after Prime was first unveiled. :heh:

Like I said to Lindsey, they could release Metroid: Samus' Dancing Shoes and i'd be happy (thats a lie, i really had no interest in Pinball but you get the idea)

I see no reason why franchises can't dabble in a range of genres, keeps things fresh. Despite my love of the Prime series, i'm absolutely glad Retro are working on something (hopefully) new, and this particular series is evolving once again.

And lets face it, Samus is a Bounty Hunter, so she's gonna kick ass any way she can (arm canon or no arm cannon).

it;s impossible to judge it but i'll say this from the trailer

1) seems to be attempting more of a story, een samus talks

2) i think it's clearly based before most metroids anyway

3) a well needed refreshing take on the series

Another prime wouln't have worked and this comes from a massive prime fan.. 3 never made me begging for more.

I can't wait!

It's not the perspective that worries me- it's the potential shift towards action at the expense of what makes the series appealing.

also: not digging the story elements. At all.

think of it like what resident evil 4 did for resident evil... definetly more action packed but it lost nothing