NEurope
Retro_Link

Metroid: Other M

At the Australian media event - Metroid Other M to be shown at US media. :D

Metroid: Other M - August

OK, I've done my duty and scanned the thread to make sure i'm not repeating anything. On seeing the summer release date announcement I had another look at the trailer.

All this two samus business.. does it not scream clone (that combined with "other M" and the "living body arms development lab"). The shorter haired samus differs from any samus we have seen so I'd say she was the clone. The fact that blonde lady at the end is the spitting image of every other recent encarnation of samus would tell me that she be the real deal.

I know if I was the galactic federation I'd try to make a clone of all my soldiers incase they you know...went off and became bounty hunters or anything. That or try to recreate their unmachable alien power suit.

Could play into the whole "flashback" thing with recognition of this "Adam" fellow... the real samus' "genetic memory" coming back to the clone and goes off searching what this all means.

From GoNintendo Live Conference Blog:

Metroid other m being discussed. Being demoed at the summit. Due out June 27th

Wow, the month after Mario!!

some infos and picos

* Metroid™: Other M, the incredible new Metroid game developed for Wii through a collaboration by Nintendo and the world-renowned Team Ninja, launches June 27. The game looks at the classic franchise from a new perspective: While much of the game is reminiscent of 2-D side-scrollers, players can switch the perspective into 3-D at any time as they explore the twisting passages of a derelict space station and delve deep into a cinematic, never-before-told story of bounty hunter Samus Aran’s past. This new approach uses a new control scheme in which players use the Wii Remote™ controller held sideways to battle enemies and navigate the expansive, gorgeous environments in classic Metroid fashion, then aim at the screen with the Wii Remote pointer to blast foes in first-person and hunt the world for clues and hidden passages.

soooo its based on a space station. cool.

7ydABCaGXLYLWImTw00DmTHW0E9C1CEU.jpg

XhpUQ0Iki8Xr3tnc97NnEl4WWSr1AmWB.jpg

Dni1pIhlmdSP1Mm1XHjYt6TX2hkh0MZJ.jpg

HTc2uG_rpxmHkEw6Hljmej9NLxkweo0z.jpg

qkRGXwo5u7eLUS34HOEDMNvklxFwFjE0.jpg

a6l8hLwZA4SdpvpKyx0nUe3aM7_HSGa2.jpg

gex2r3j8dh55W-K-3ibATtQhkOMNljNU.jpg

Xeo7UxDqGS-tGq6IOttVk_MyHkBnbvw0.jpg

Edited by or else you will DIE

The info is intriguing and sort of Super Paper Marioish. 2D gameplay, switch to 3D in an instant

Give me a decent save system and Day 1 purchase. If not, then tough luck

Seeing all of this Metroid loving makes me wonder just what Retro Studios have planned for us next. I liked their previous ideas which Nintendo bitch-slapped away from them in the face of more Samus. Hopefully they have been allowed more artistic freedom as their art certainly astounds in every title they have created for the world of Samus Aran.

If we see nothing of Retro in the near future I fear they may become another Silicon Knights.

I'd love to see Retro announcing a game which doesn't involve guns or women, but rather pink fudge and stars.

Then again, I'd also love to see them explore their own creativeness:love:

Man, I love that pic of Samus kicking a pirate's face. It shows exactly what I want from this game: variety in combat.

Also, this is the first Metroid game where Samus kicks things. Why did it take this long?

ok im very interested to see where they are going with this. It seems like a mash between a 2d side scroller and a light gun game. IN that you go into first person but im not sure youll be able to move when your there.

If we see nothing of Retro in the near future I fear they may become another Silicon Knights.

Retro are fully owned by Nintendo, they're not slipping over to Microsoft just yet... although that said, Nintendo do apparently still own stock in SK.

ok im very interested to see where they are going with this. It seems like a mash between a 2d side scroller and a light gun game. IN that you go into first person but im not sure youll be able to move when your there.

it seems to be kinda like how you switch into first person mode in zelda games - once you do so, you can only look around and use weapons but not move. i don't see how you could anyway as you have no analog stick...

i think the one thing that concerns me are the controls. you have to hold the wiimote on its side, which means you only have 2 buttons, which are more than likely shoot and jump. that means no diagonal shooting, no running button, no missile button (will probably have to select "-" first). hmm.

Edited by or else you will DIE

The controls are a concern. Hopefully they include classic controller support, if its not going to be tied heavily in with motion controls.

i really doubt classic controller is going to be supported. Seen as motion will at least be used for the shooting.

It seems to open up a lot of puzzles with the switching of views, rather like super paper mario actually.

I'm sure even though it's team ninja there will still be challenging puzzles.

You're probably right, but its not like you can't use analog sticks for aiming.

At any rate, a nun-chuck based control scheme would even be better from what we've heard.