NEurope
Retro_Link

Metroid: Other M

I'm looking forward to this but you know this is another Nintendo and Temco teamup. I just hope that even Nintendo isn't silly enough to cancel this outside of Japan.

I'm looking forward to this but you know this is another Nintendo and Temco teamup. I just hope that even Nintendo isn't silly enough to cancel this outside of Japan.

What? When was the last time a Metroid game sold reasonably in Japan? Why would they cancel a game that's mainly for a western audience and showed with all the flair of an E3 conference?

Also he said another Nintendo & Temco game, Fatal Frame IV was made by Temco and Grasshopper Manufacture.

I quit on the first Ninja Gaiden for the Xbox. And I'm not a quitter.

Quitter... :heh:

I quit on Ninja Gaiden Black too, so shameful... :nono:

Re: the "Remember me?" guy.

I'm probably wrong, but it'd be sweet if he was somehow the "dead" body outside of Kraid's lair in Super Metroid.

Although I haven't played Fusion, I thought thought it was the voice of the computer in that or something..?

Although I haven't played Fusion, I thought thought it was the voice of the computer in that or something..?

No. The computer in Metroid Fusion, Adam Malcovitch, was Samus' former commanding officer when she was with the marines. He's the guy you see earlier in the trailer talking to young samus. He calls her "Lady" at one point, which Samus remembered, during Metroid Fusion, that he always called her that. Metroid Other M takes place after Super Metroid, so it couldn't be the dead marine, unless its a flashback, but I don't recall anything in Super Metroid about Samus knowing the dead marine.

Adam_Malkovich_(Other_M).png

Metroid/Metroid Zero Mission

Metroid Prime

Metroid Prime Hunters

Metroid Prime 2: Echos

Metroid Prime 3: Corruption

Metroid 2: The Return of Samus

Metroid 3: Super Metroid

Metroid Other M

Metroid 4: Fusion

That's Adam Malkovich. This Houston guy was created by Nintendo Power for a short comic.

Re: the "Remember me?" guy.

I'm probably wrong, but it'd be sweet if he was somehow the "dead" body outside of Kraid's lair in Super Metroid.

I was reading an article in Retro Gamer about Super Metroid which mentioned that body earlier today... spooky.

Since the creator dude died, I doubt we'll ever find out officially.

No. The computer in Metroid Fusion, Adam Malcovitch, was Samus' former commanding officer when she was with the marines. He's the guy you see earlier in the trailer talking to young samus. He calls her "Lady" at one point, which Samus remembered, during Metroid Fusion, that he always called her that.
Oh right that was a different guy, it's been so long since I watched the trailer.

Adam Malcovitch appears in the Metroid Manga before Metroid Fusion was released.

Metroid (2002 Manga)

Malkovich has a small role in a few chapters of Metroid, as a commanding officer who arrives after Samus' first training mission in the Galactic Federation Police. He allows Samus to investigate Zebes for Chozo survivors before the Federation attacks. He also pilots the Federation Army Special Ops Battleship Vixin IV.

Malkovich would call Samus “Lady” during missions, which Samus notes that he managed to make it sound dignified where it would seem sarcastic from anybody else. When giving her orders he would end with “Any objections, Lady?” The question was rhetorical as he knew she wouldn’t disagree. It was just a phrase to denote their trust.

It is known that Adam sacrificed his own life to save Samus. This may be related to the last time he was seen alive, stalling Ridley to buy Samus more time after realizing that he must be trying to get to Zebes because there is trouble there. Adam presses his crew, who cheers when Ridley's vessel turns away, Adam tells his crew to go after them and that Samus is on Zebes. He states "Samus, I wont let you die." This points towards the fact that he may have sacrificed his life and the life of others to distract Ridley from Samus with enough time to get the Varia suit.

Edited by Dante

Damnit everytime this thread is bumped I hope it's SOMETHING new about the game and it never is!

Yeah, pretty much the same for me. D:

Metroid: Other M release date is Summer 2010.

In less speculative news, Metroid fans should take note of the new summer 2010 time frame for Metroid Other M. The Japanese release for the Team Ninja tie-up was listed as TBA in the October report. The European and the US charts, both in the October report and today's report, list the game as just 2010.

newgam.jpg

Edited by Dante

Awesome... although I note that Zelda isn't on the US and European list.

God damn.

I was really hoping 'Other M' was simply going to be a placeholder title.

:love: I'm only just getting into trilogy, but already I want to know everything about the series!

The voiceover is saying:

"A dream. It's as if I was watching a playback of a tragedy that really happened."

God damn.

I was really hoping 'Other M' was simply going to be a placeholder title.

It's obviously arranged from the word Mother and motherhood is a theme of the series (Mother Brain, Samus' relationship with the Metroid larvae, perhaps more in this game). I remember the development team saying the title would have significance when you play the game.

It might not sound instantly appealing like a generic word like CORRUPTION or ECHOES but that doesn't mean it's a bad title if it's actually relevant.