NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

After a couple of hours, i'm up to the end of world one. Stunning, so far.

However, i'm really disliking the map and whole Starship Mario. A niggle, but i'm missing the hub world.

Got this on thursday but only 4 stars in. ( Been a hectic few days ) but hopefully i can get some playtime in before world cup party tonight.

The first few stars seem longer than SMG1, might be wrong. Loving it so far & i'm going to take my time with it & savour it.

Anybody watch the dvd that came with it?? I've ignored it as i just want to play the game & don't want to see any spoilers. I'll probably watch it when i complete the game.

Loving this so far, only about 9 stars in but its already one of my fave games ever! The music on the Yoshi and upside down galaxies are brilliant!!

What I'm doing to stop myself from completing the game to fast, is replaying levels I've already completed.

One Hundred stars get! :D time for a break now methinks... but damn! this game is sooooo good I... I... just can't stop playing it, I know I'll probably have it finished by today but when I'm having this much fun I really don't care lol.

I love this game! :)

Well, I got the game yesterday but can't play it for another couple of weeks as I have no TV or Wii here. I watched the tutorial DVD, which was vaguely amusing.

I don't understand how playing it over more days gets you anything more out of a game. You still play the same amount of time as everyone else.

Got 71 stars so far. Don't know if it's better than the original(the world map really drags it down) but it's right up there as one of the fun games I've played.

I spent several hours farming star bits last night to store them in the bank and see what he changed into. I can't even remember what it was because it was dissappointing and uninteresting. No point in saving star bits guys.

Am I the only one that had serious problems with the flip flop world? I just couldn't spin properly when I jumped, even if I shook the remote once, twice, rapidly, slow, fast, vertically or horizontally, sometimes it worked, sometimes it didn't. I was so mad at the end. After the 25th try or something I could be jumping, shake the remote but Mario wouldn't spin and fell to his death at which point I shook my head in disbelief and dropped the remote onto my lap. Then he spins. Talking about kicking someone while he's on the ground. It worked much better if I just shook the remote while I was running over the empty area and let the plate capture me as I was about to fall.

So, yesterday I found out that God also makes games:D

Music, atmosphere, characters, gameplay.

Mario platforming IS the ultimate definition of the word 'game'.

I love the wormhole effect going to the world map and the grand world map, as well as the background music, but still not totally convinced about the mini-hub/map screen.

Tales, that's a problem with your wii remote I would say. It worked perfectly for me, never didn't register a switch when I was mid-jump. Brilliant galaxy, so simple, tough but fun.

Annnnd... I've finished the game! :D with one hundred and three stars, such an amazing experience from start to finish :) and it's not over yet as I still need to collect those last few stars but for now I'm happy, loved the ending and everything else about the game.

Nintendo Gold basically... nay Platinum even! Well deserving of its scores.

25 stars in now and loving every moment. The broken up classic world map lets you play for bursts at a time and that suits me just swell. All the new abilities are fun as hell and Yoshi, unlike Sunshine, feels so necessary all the time.

Kudos Nintendo. You've made keeping my Wii this long worthwhile.

I adore this game! Even more than I thought I would! I'm also at about 25 stars now and have loved every single one.

I thought I would hate the world map too but I much prefer it, it's so much easier to get into levels, the old hub world was quite confusing and I forgot which levels were in which area, which was annoying because it took a few minutes to get to each area of the hub world.

I also love the fact that characters you've met come along for the ride on your planet. I've been recently joined by one of those wooden things, they are uber cute.

supermariogalaxywii11.jpg

I'm all for HUB levels like the Castle or Delfino Island in a 3D Mario, but the Observatory in Galaxy 1 was absolute trot. The world map gives us the flexibility to select levels we want and Spaceship Mario gives you a little opportunity to run around and play.

Anyone got a favourite Galaxy yet? They all make me smile so much while playing it's hard to decide.

One thing that bothers me about the Galaxy game is the removal of some of the older 3D Mario moves. I really liked the forward slide and also the way you could bounce across the ground on your butt. Oh well, nothing world ending.

This game is such a great pallete cleanser from all the other dark depressing games that litter the gaming world these days. All the tiny little touches that just mean you are always smiling. I'm enjoying playing this round the football...great game, everything that the original brings plus shit ton of improvements.

I just finished this game with the minimal requirement of 70 stars, and so far, I have to say this much about the game, guys:

It is simply....A MASTERPIECE!

Seriously, everything about this game is so well-designed, it's almost impossible not to appreciate everything. The music is gorgeous, ranging from many new ones to a few re-used ones fron the first Galaxy, and even some remixes of old Mario games songs. The environments are stunningly beautiful, especially in the water worlds to my appeal, and gameplay-wise the game's just 100% fun to play.

Though that doesn't mean the game is easy. It's obviously no joke that Miyamoto said he wanted this game to be more difficult than the original, and boy howdy did they succeed at that by a long shot! The first few galaxy's may be easy for veteran Mario players, but especially in the later stages the hazards become SO incredibly tough, it surpasses Sunshine in terms of difficult platforming, but with enough practice in the stages, you'll be able to clear them just fine.

Anybody who loves platforming and wants a good game on the Wii now, don't hesitate, buy this now!

i LOVE this game, its so good. Shame on you 3rd parties for most of your games not being on par with mario galaxy. The game came out in 2007 for crying out loud.

BTW i was playing mario sunshine the other day and what a big difference in the graphical quality between mario sunshine and mario galaxy (2). Makes me wonder if the new zelda will also make a comparible jump in graphical quality sinse twilight princess was only a gamecube port.

80 Stars in and loving this even more with every star I get! This is easily the best game I've played since the first Mario Galaxy and I'm only a third of the way through it... and it's helped my get over my Monster Hunter addiction, if only until I finish it! Haha

I currently have one hundred and seventeen stars, only three to go, gotta farm a few star bits before that though *sigh* ah well at least it's still fun! :D taking a break from it all atm though but will probably finish up the game properly later. :)

I currently have one hundred and seventeen stars, only three to go, gotta farm a few star bits before that though *sigh* ah well at least it's still fun! :D taking a break from it all atm though but will probably finish up the game properly later. :)

:o I've got about ten stars so far! Only into the second world.

3 to go? You're in for a treat my friend!

120 STARS GET!

IMG_0366.jpg

An absolute gem of a game, words can't really describe the brilliance that is this game. Some of the levels are just insane ( in a good way ) and it goes to show why Nintendo are a step above the rest when they bring their A game to the table.

The music in the final level is just flat out epic. I can't remember if it was in the original or not but either way its a piece of work.

One of my favourite levels has to be Beat Block Galaxy. Its such a simple level but it works so well. Its even better when it goes into overdrive once the comet arrives. Also, another favourite of mine is Throwback Galaxy. I won't say much but I loved it. :D

The secret world that opens up is freaking amazing. I went nuts when I seen that Rainbow Road was a level!

:D One level caused me a right headache and that was Stone Cyclone Galaxy. I must have used about 20 lives on that. :( It was also great to see the Luigi Purple Coin Challenge level back, wonder how people will but happy/angry with that? :)

Damn you HoT! lol I knew somehow you'd be one of the first to complete it out of us people who waited for the Pal release date... congrats though :D I'm not far behind...

Without revealing any spoilers please, is there lots to do after the first 120 stars? As in unique challenges or same old same old with a small twist?

Please be vague and non-spoilery in your reply, cheers.

^ From what I know, and without spoiling anything, yes there is plenty to do after the 120 stars. :wink:

Cool cheers. I assume it's more than Galaxy 1's do everything again with a different character.