NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Fucking devastated. Mine isn't here. Never using HMV for any urgent purchases again. IT WAS POSTED TUESDAY!!!!!!

Been working away all day, had my Galaxy evening all planned. When I got home I had a Galaxy shaped parcel there, it was even padded which I presumed to be the TShirt... didn't think about it. Made a cup of tea and as it was brewing I opened it...it was a damn book I forgot I ordered... I'm 30 years old and I'm gutted I can't play Mario Galaxy 2 a day early... something is wrong with me...

Edited by dazzybee

I've only ever heard about bad things when it comes to ordering from HMV.

HMV stuff always seems to arrive on the day of release or the day after usually, hence why i don't use them for pre-orders.

Dazzy, I love the way you did the British thing and made a brew so you could cope with the joygasm that is SMG2.

I finished Majora's Mask today, damn that game is amazing:laughing:

Heathen! Take your Zelda love AWAY from this Galaxy 2 love-in!

My copy arrived today, played 1/2 hour of it already. As many have said, it needs a proper work-out/play-through. Something i was hoping for tomorrow, i may be able to get a 1/2 day on it tomorrow.

Got 2 stars, both from the first galaxy.

If you trade in Mario Kart Wii and the wheel at HMV or New Super Mario Bros Wii you can get this for a fiver. I was planning to do so tomorrow but have no idea where the box Mario Kart Wii and the Wheel comes in has gotten to. I'm sure I saved it, but I have a feeling I threw it out. Ah well, full price purchase it is then.

Looking forward to this immensely. I love that ignoring most gaming press nowadays yields surprises when games come out. I had no idea this was due until about two weeks ago. Hooray.

Looking forward to this immensely. I love that ignoring most gaming press nowadays yields surprises when games come out. I had no idea this was due until about two weeks ago. Hooray.

Same here, and it's made those two weeks even more exciting :D I like your good self, will be enjoying this bad boy tomorrow! (That sounds dodgy I know).

Dazzy, I love the way you did the British thing and made a brew so you could cope with the joygasm that is SMG2.

Of course; I wanted to tear the packet open with my teeth and masturbate as I took the game to my bedroom, but I underplayed it and whacked the kettle on instead... Day off tomorrow to play this and watch football, going to be a good day.

Mine came today, I managed to get a few hours in since the news didn't come in today.

However, I am a bit concerned with the length of the game. After those few hours, I'm already in World 4 :/

Mine came today, I managed to get a few hours in since the news didn't come in today.

However, I am a bit concerned with the length of the game. After those few hours, I'm already in World 4 :/

I think the average game completion time is 20+ hours for 120 stars.

This is ridiculously good. Simply... Astonishing. :love:

I have to pinch myself while playing, to make sure I'm not dreaming. :heh:

Been playing for just over 2 hours, have done World 1 (collecting all stars) in that time.

First stage with Yoshi actually made me cry with laughter, the balloon thing he can't eat that gets stuck on his face! :kiss::kiss::kiss: Oh man, too funny! :laughing:

And I don't know how the hell they managed to get it looking and sounding even better than the first game, but it's just incredible. The surround sound is particularly mind-blowing, so dynamic and accurate. Sounds more like Dolby Digital than PLII! :o Has to be the best use of 5.1 on Wii.

Right then... World 2 here I go! :D

So got this and love it so far I only have 3 stars...looks great. I played the first one on a SDTV so never seen it looking quite this good.

Due to unforeseen circumstances I won't be london for my birthday weekend now so I have this to play all weekend in between the footie...

All the good impressions that I'm hearing from everyone has made my excitement level go through the roof! Can't wait to get this at 9 tomorrow!!!

I did the cuppa tea thing too. :blush:

I've done the first five-ish stars and its unbelievably good. I was smiling during the opening story bit as the Galaxy theme gradually seeped into the background music. The levels are so imaginative right from the start! The opening stars seem longer than what they did in the original Galaxy. I loved that Flip Swap Galaxy! It would be great if there's more of that to come.

Gonna get back to it now for a bit now this World Cup concert is drawing to a close.

This is ridiculously good. Simply... Astonishing. :love:

I have to pinch myself while playing, to make sure I'm not dreaming. :heh:

same here :) just amazing,

Ditto, it is such a great game. Loved the opening section, how it was done etc. In some ways, i do miss the Observatory Hub from the first title but in other ways i don't.

I'm trying to look at how Ninty have made this (according to reviews) better than the first. Only time will tell.

Just come out of a roughly 2 hour session with the game, of course it didn't seem like that long because I was enjoying the game so much. I recommend this game to anybody, you should at least give it a rental.

The thing that makes the game so great, is that it's so different from all the other core games out there, not just different for the sake of it, but different in a good way.

If I was to describe gaming as a three course meal, you would have your casual games as a starter, your serious games such as your Killzone's, Call of Duty's etc... as the main course and for a nice tasty dessert you'd have Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I'm about 20 stars in and just about to start world 3, although I still need to complete some galaxies from the previous 2 worlds.

Gonna grab me a copy of this on my way home from town in a while. I say I'm excited to play it is a futile understatement of just how excited I actually am.

I'm so jealous of you all.

Lets keep it spoiler free though, please :)

I'm still waiting for it too: peace:

I ordered from Tesco for £29 and it arrived yesterday. Only done a few stars but loving it so far :) the magic is back. Not finding the "overworld" as fun as I did in the first (and still miles off SM64), but Yoshi more than makes up for that :D

It didn't turn up again today. If HMV headoffice blows up today....it was me....

Gutted...

I'm about 20 stars in and just about to start world 3, although I still need to complete some galaxies from the previous 2 worlds.

same here but i really dont want to rush this,

Did anyone go to the london event last night ? how was it and where be them pics