NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

F-ing awesome.

EDIT: D'OH, ignoring my own pleas. Sorry if anyone was spoiled.

Love the music. Talk about a blast from the past. So are there more retro levels in this galaxy? Like each star is a different world from M64? I'd love to see the lava level make a return here. Actually there's about two dozen worlds I'd like to see given the Galaxy treatment!!! Great idea Nintendo.

Edited by Ronnie

amazing. With this much effort it's a wonder people are as concerned with the zelda series.

When nintendo makes a gam based on one of their top series they make it big.

Edit your posts quick.

The galaxy is called Throwback Galaxy which is levels area from Mario 64 mixed together, as a example Whomp's Fortress and areas of Bob-Omb Battlefield and Tall, Tall Mountain.

In the newest video you can see a part of warp flowerbed of Bob-Omb Battlefield in the background and also another galaxy called Flash-Black Galaxy that looks like that SMG space ship level in non colour and in slow-mo.

Edited by Dante

Just realised that my quoted message also contained the spoiler, lol. It's gone now though :)

A question for Dante (or anyone else that happens to know/wishes to speculate)

Is the Throwback Galaxy only stages from Mario 64? It'd be awesome if they somehow managed to 3D-ify a Super Mario World stage or something!

apparantly its only from 3d mario's so I hear so maybe expect a bit of sunshine too :)

Just realised that my quoted message also contained the spoiler, lol. It's gone now though :)

A question for Dante (or anyone else that happens to know/wishes to speculate)

Is the Throwback Galaxy only stages from Mario 64? It'd be awesome if they somehow managed to 3D-ify a Super Mario World stage or something!

Only Mario 64 level areas are known so far.

Game site has recorded the game soundtrack.

My favouite so far is

Loving the choir singing to this classic theme. :)

(v1) :o

Hightail Falls Galaxy Theme ( Super Mario World music)

Edited by Dante

Holy shit! I seriously wasn't expecting that!

Only Mario 64 level areas are known so far.

Game site has recorded the game soundtrack.

My favouite so far is

Loving the choir singing to this classic theme. :)

(v1) :o

Hightail Falls Galaxy Theme ( Super Mario World music)

I love Sky Station Galaxy theme - I know it's in all the trailers but it's such an epic and powerful song! Makes Mario seem even more heroic!

I thought IGN hated Nintendo. This is insanity.

I do find it humourous that some are claiming the review is invalid because it's a sequel that gets a better score and some saying that a Wii game can't get a 10 in graphics. Oish.

Edited by Serebii

I thought IGN hated Nintendo. This is insanity.

I do find it humourous that some are claiming the review is invalid because it's a sequel that gets a better score and some saying that a Wii game can't get a 10 in graphics. Oish.

I do love fanboys giving me a humourous start to the day!

I do love fanboys giving me a humourous start to the day!

Indeed. I have all three consoles and while many games on the PS3 and 360 look great, Mario Galaxy is certainly up there as one of the best looking games this generation. People seem to forget that good graphics is not dependant on resolution

Great scores. Something tells me we'll be seeing Super Mario Galaxy 3 in a few years. :smile:

...highlighting the ridiculous nature of % scores.

Or the awesomeness of this game

Not quite the point I was trying to make, but yes, this game will be quite awesome.

I'm not reading any posts here because of spoilers, but I just looked the scores for SMG2 at IGN and wow, wasn't expecting it to get that high. The exams can't be over soon enough...