NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Booked the 11th June off work so I can get a full day on this when it's released!

You guys get wound up by stuff far too easily...

I guess successful troll is successful.

if anyone at all could recommend an online store (such as Zavvi) where they're buying Mario Galaxy 2 from I would truly appreciate it.

Just want to know who are fast and ship to Australia. Zavvi? ShopTo?

I know this question has been probably asked a million times but I can't be arsed to trawl back through posts to find it. If you order from Amazon, does it usually arrive on release day? Furthermore, in order for it to arrive must you choose first class delivery or something? Because if so, then I may as well pop into town and buy a copy from work as I'll get 10% discount.

I know this question has been probably asked a million times but I can't be arsed to trawl back through posts to find it. If you order from Amazon, does it usually arrive on release day? Furthermore, in order for it to arrive must you choose first class delivery or something? Because if so, then I may as well pop into town and buy a copy from work as I'll get 10% discount.

You will have to pay for 1st class delivery with Amazon if you want it on release, otherwise it will come on the Saturday, or even worse, Monday!

You will have to pay for 1st class delivery with Amazon if you want it on release, otherwise it will come on the Saturday, or even worse, Monday!

Cheers for the heads-up Welshy, looks like I'll be popping into town on June 11th (ah screw that, I'll probably just walk down the road to Blockbuster...)

The game has 240 stars in normal gameplay.

What is this... I don't even...

That's just... stunning :) I can't wait for this game.

Does Luigi's extra 120 stars in Galaxy 1 count as 'normal gameplay'?

Hard to believe there's 240 unique levels.

Does Luigi's extra 120 stars in Galaxy 1 count as 'normal gameplay'?

Hard to believe there's 240 unique levels.

Game informer interview - http://gameinformer.com/b/features/archive/2010/03/26/miyamoto-on-mario-galaxy-2-expanding-games-and-more.aspx

Q. For players who are seeking that extra challenge, you have harder bonus levels. Can you talk about how they are made more difficult?

Miyamoto. Well, ordinarily, just to go to the end you’re supposed to obtain 70 stars, which is already challenging but not very difficult. If you’re really trying to get all the stars, you’re supposed to go to someplace extra. Those extra places are very challenging. When I say challenging, I mean as long as you can conquer them it’s going to give you a great sense of satisfaction and entertainment. In the end, we are going to have more than 240 stars for you to obtain, and we think it’s going to be challenging for any and all gamers.

Seems to suggest they are 240 unique ones and not a rehash of the first 120.

Not sure it suggests that at all, he could have said the same thing about Galaxy 1, that there were 240 stars to collect, because there were, but we'll see. It'd be amazing if the second 120 were actually new and different challenges.

Not sure it suggests that at all, he could have said the same thing about Galaxy 1, that there were 240 stars to collect, because there were, but we'll see. It'd be amazing if the second 120 were actually new and different challenges.

Agreed. Although, the development time for the game was much longer than originally anticipated, especially when you throw in the fact that they pretty much had the entire game engine available to them. Who knows, maybe Miyamoto and co. went all out and spent those 2 and 1/2 years going all out to make an extensive 240 individual star bonanza?

Edit: That last sentence, I realise makes little to no sense...sorry...

bugger! Just realised that I will be awake all of the weekend this comes out, best hope it gets here on the thursday!

It's less than £30 to pre-order from tesco entertainment if you use the promotional code FTSL15-1 at the checkout. I think that's the cheapest around at the moment.

I would pre-order it from Argos as it's £34.99 and free first class delivery for day of release.

However, I always seem to have bad luck when it comes to using first class post - things seem to actually take longer than they would normally otherwise take. Stupid Royal Mail.

Sigh, this game comes out right as new Black & White news is expected so I have to cover that instead of playing this :( Ah well, after the news is out it'll be awesome

He's playing Mario ffs, next he'll complain about the lack of fps elements in the game either. He should go read a book instead.

Besides this guy clearly has sand in his vagina against Mario, in his rant against NSMB Wii (in which he doesn't complain a single time about the lack of character), he raves about games that clearly don't focus on the story or character development. He's just looking for something to hate.

SOUTH PARK REFERENCE SPOTTED

+1 for Fused King:p

The 240 stars are unique ones ie 120 stars hidden and also unlocks the secret galaxy.

• Every single Power Star located, including the hidden stars!

• Find all 120 hidden Green Stars—you cannot unlock the last galaxy without them!

Galactic Guide

Adventure School

Enemies

Walkthrough

How To Use This Walkthrough

World 1

Sky Station Galaxy

Yoshi Star Galaxy

Spin-Dig Galaxy

Fluffy Bluff Galaxy

Flip-Swap Galaxy

Rightside Down Galaxy

Bowser Jr.’s Fiery Flotilla

World 2

Puzzle Plank Galaxy

Hightail Falls Galaxy

Boulder Bowl Galaxy

Cosmic Cove Galaxy

Wild Glide Galaxy

Honeybloom Galaxy

Bowser’s Lava Lair

World 3

Tall Trunk Galaxy

Cloudy Court Galaxy

Haunty Halls Galaxy

Freezy Flake Galaxy

Rolling Masterpiece Galaxy

Beat Block Galaxy

Bowser Jr.’s Fearsome Fleet

World 4

Supermassive Galaxy

Flipsville Galaxy

Starshine Beach Galaxy

Chompworks Galaxy

Sweet Mystery Galaxy

Honeyhop Galaxy

Bowser’s Gravity Gauntlet

World 5

Space Storm Galaxy

Slipsand Galaxy

Shiverburn Galaxy

Boo Moon Galaxy

Upside Dizzy Galaxy

Fleet Glide Galaxy

Bowser Jr.’s Boom Bunker

World 6

Melty Monster Galaxy

Clockwork Ruins Galaxy

Throwback Galaxy

Battle Belt Galaxy

Flash Black Galaxy

Slimy Spring Galaxy

Bowser’s Galaxy Generator

Special World

Mario Squared Galaxy

Rolling Coaster Galaxy

Twisty Trials Galaxy

Stone Cyclone Galaxy

Boss Blitz Galaxy

Flip-Out Galaxy

Grandmaster Galaxy

Not sure it suggests that at all, he could have said the same thing about Galaxy 1, that there were 240 stars to collect, because there were

No, there weren't. Super Mario Galaxy 1 has 121 stars that get to be collected twice each, if you choose to play a second playthrough with Luigi. Which is exactly what it is, a second playthrough.

In your opinion if a game has only one level that you have to play 10 times in order to finish it, does it have 10 levels? Not in my book.

The 240 stars are unique ones ie 120 stars hidden and also unlocks the secret galaxy.

Holy crap on a cracker! That is a LOT! This game just went from being awesome to being fucking fantasmagorical!

Can't wait! :bouncy:

No, there weren't. Super Mario Galaxy 1 has 121 stars that get to be collected twice each, if you choose to play a second playthrough with Luigi. Which is exactly what it is, a second playthrough.

In your opinion if a game has only one level that you have to play 10 times in order to finish it, does it have 10 levels? Not in my book.

Fair enough, my mistake.

• Every single Power Star located, including the hidden stars!

• Find all 120 hidden Green Stars—you cannot unlock the last galaxy without them!

Galactic Guide

Adventure School

Enemies

Walkthrough

How To Use This Walkthrough

World 1

Sky Station Galaxy

Yoshi Star Galaxy

Spin-Dig Galaxy

Fluffy Bluff Galaxy

Flip-Swap Galaxy

Rightside Down Galaxy

Bowser Jr.’s Fiery Flotilla

World 2

Puzzle Plank Galaxy

Hightail Falls Galaxy

Boulder Bowl Galaxy

Cosmic Cove Galaxy

Wild Glide Galaxy

Honeybloom Galaxy

Bowser’s Lava Lair

World 3

Tall Trunk Galaxy

Cloudy Court Galaxy

Haunty Halls Galaxy

Freezy Flake Galaxy

Rolling Masterpiece Galaxy

Beat Block Galaxy

Bowser Jr.’s Fearsome Fleet

World 4

Supermassive Galaxy

Flipsville Galaxy

Starshine Beach Galaxy

Chompworks Galaxy

Sweet Mystery Galaxy

Honeyhop Galaxy

Bowser’s Gravity Gauntlet

World 5

Space Storm Galaxy

Slipsand Galaxy

Shiverburn Galaxy

Boo Moon Galaxy

Upside Dizzy Galaxy

Fleet Glide Galaxy

Bowser Jr.’s Boom Bunker

World 6

Melty Monster Galaxy

Clockwork Ruins Galaxy

Throwback Galaxy

Battle Belt Galaxy

Flash Black Galaxy

Slimy Spring Galaxy

Bowser’s Galaxy Generator

Special World

Mario Squared Galaxy

Rolling Coaster Galaxy

Twisty Trials Galaxy

Stone Cyclone Galaxy

Boss Blitz Galaxy

Flip-Out Galaxy

Grandmaster Galaxy

Outstanding. Not reading the spoilers though, so please if anyone replies to it, put it in spoiler tags, cheers.

I can't wait now. Curse my blasted site work that will eat my time. Fingers crossed it'll come promptly so I can jump into this

240 stars!?!?

Every time I check this thread, my anticipation for this game gets higher and higher!

I'm so lame that I booked the weekend off work to play this :heh:

240 stars!?!?

Every time I check this thread, my anticipation for this game gets higher and higher!

I'm so lame that I booked the weekend off work to play this :heh:

That's not lame my friend, that's putting wasted time to good use! If only I could too get time off of work!

Another spoiler video of same area of the galaxy that was mention on the last page.

2rzqdy8.jpg

Edited by Dante