NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Looks really good again but I was amazed by how "safe" Nintendo are playing it.

I doubt Miyamoto has much influence on this one. Direct sequels with the same gameplay mechanics aren't his cup of tea!

Still it's great and the Yoshi stuff looks cool.

I kinda thought the same when I saw it. We'll need to see more of it though before we understand how it is different to the first Galaxy game.

What is Mario doing in space for that matter? =P

Lookat the first five mins of Galaxy agaaaain. :heh:

if i wrote a list of things missing from mario galaxy, it would have been "yoshi" looks liek they read it.

if i wrote a list of things missing from mario galaxy, it would have been "yoshi" looks liek they read it.

I kinda miss FLUDD. :(

bit worried about it now i watched the trailer again... I know more f the same aint a bad thing... but .. besides yoshi.. nothing much is different.. he can still turn into a bee and there seems to be a switch that turns a room grew thats all that stood out for me.. I was hoping mario would have new moves. like BRING BACK THE DIVE MOVE!

It was always gonna be more of the same, when they're forced to bring a Mario game out so soon again by some stupid fans.

But yeah, some different suits/moves would have been nice, and there'll prob be some.

It was always gonna be more of the same, when they're forced to bring a Mario game out so soon again by some stupid fans.

But yeah, some different suits/moves would have been nice, and there'll prob be some.

You sound upset at the fact that Nintendo are making a sequel to arguably the best game on the Wii.

I couldn't be happier!! I fine with more of Galaxy, I was just trying to justify it to mjc metroid.

Oh my God! Nintendo has heard the cries of the long time fans and have brought us two Super Mario games! That is really great! I was secretly hoping for Paper Mario 3, but still, New Super Mario Bros and Mario Galaxy 2 is absolutely great! Nintendo is one of the few game companies I actually still trust doing their best to please the fans because they understood that happy fans=much money.

Now lets hope they'll still announce Paper Mario 3 some time soon :)

Wow.... :o :o

I have yet to play the first, but if it is anything like Super Mario 64, then this is very welcome indeed.

One could be worried about repetition, but Galaxy's style has so many possibilities that I'm not too worried about this game getting stale. This and Metroid really saved the show, and there also seems to be some great RPG goodness coming. :yay:

Nintendo is one of the few game companies I actually still trust doing their best to please the fans because they understood that happy fans=much money.
Seriously?!!!!!

Nintendo have understood that casual market=much money.

You sound upset at the fact that Nintendo are making a sequel to arguably the best game on the Wii.

I'd been even happier if they kept it under wraps, gave it a longer development time and released it as the launch game for their next console - that way, SMG could be it's own game and this could be something else.

Had it been on "Wii HD" we could be looking forward to playing Super Mario Universe as appose to Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I like Yoshi as a character, but I didn't like his inclusion in SMS. I don't like how he handled compared to Mario on his own - I would purposed avoid him in SMW for the exact same reason.

So seeing him here doesn't do anything for me.

But the sequel to the second best game ever (SM64 is still the champ) is still going to be one hell of a game even if it is just more of the same.

Trailer:

I'd been even happier if they kept it under wraps, gave it a longer development time and released it as the launch game for their next console - that way, SMG could be it's own game and this could be something else.

Had it been on "Wii HD" we could be looking forward to playing Super Mario Universe as appose to Super Mario Galaxy 2.

I like Yoshi as a character, but I didn't like his inclusion in SMS. I don't like how he handled compared to Mario on his own - I would purposed avoid him in SMW for the exact same reason.

So seeing him here doesn't do anything for me.

But the sequel to the second best game ever (SM64 is still the champ) is still going to be one hell of a game even if it is just more of the same.

Yeah I'd agree, I'd have prefered a franchise we haven't had on Wii yet.

As long as it feels (and is) like a new game I will be happy. It's just that watching the trailer I got the impression I was watching gameplay footage of the first game, not the sequel, which is a bit worrying I guess. I'm still hoping to see Bowsers kids.

not upset but concered.. nintendo have never really made something so similiar twice..

not upset but concered.. nintendo have never really made something so similiar twice..

Super Mario Bros and SMB2/Lost Levels

Ocarina of Time and Majora's Mask

Brain Training and More Brain Training

Super Smash Bros Melee and Brawl.

Nintendo's never one to let a good idea go.

You really think they are similar?

Just meant mario platformers really or just miyamoto games and majoras mask and oot are not similiar

Yeah tbf, initially this just looks like left over stuff from Galaxy + Yoshi, but I'm sure there's much more to it than that... a whole new adventure!

Watching that trailer literally brought a tear of joy to my eye, it's one of those open-mouthed moments of pure dumfounded amazement because everything shown in the trailer seemed to ooze charm and scream "fun!"

It just gets me to thinking, these reactions are brought about from merely seeing a glimpse of the game, imagine how sweet it's gonna be to play.

This may sound overzealous but Idc... for me this was the highlight of E3 bar nothing. :)

Not bad, but... Well, it's not like it's going to be as revolutionary as other Mario-games, is it. For now, it feels more like SMG v1.2. Don't get me wrong, more of something good is a good thing, but this feels more like an expansion pack than a real sequel.

It's the exact same style, exact same physics, exactly more of the same game. on the other hand, it has Yoshi going for it! ;)

This looks awesome. Properly watched the trailer after the 'OMFG' rush. Looks absolutely fantasitc in my opnion. There's even a giant land like from Mario 3. Insta win :D

Looks like there's some great gameplay there.

I actually quite liked some of the new things I saw in the trailer. Aside from the obvious inclusion of Yoshi, the drill powerup looks good, as does freezing the water planet to make it an ice world you can skate across, and the wooden level with saws cutting through it.