NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Can you Miiverse with these or does it just push you into Wii mode?

That's... a very good question...

I'd like to know this as well. I already have Galaxy 2 on account of it being brilliant.

Disaster: Day of Crisis NEEDS to get released on this, and in America to boot! Such an underappreciated game!

It pushes you into Wii mode, I tried pushing the home button and touch screen

"Wii software cannot be controlled with the Wii U GamePad"

Edited by Pestneb
Automerged Doublepost

It pushes you into Wii mode

Bugger...

It would have been nice, but oh well...

No making countless Miiverse posts about Disaster for me then.

(I would honestly rebuy Disaster for added Miiverse support, too many golden opportunities for funny there.)

It pushes you into Wii mode, I tried pushing the home button and touch screen

I thought they were updating it so you can use the Gamepad for Wii games that support the classic controller?

I thought they were updating it so you can use the Gamepad for Wii games that support the classic controller?

Does galaxy support the classic controller? I didn't realise, I was just trying to access Wii U functions, I think it's just the shoulder and face buttons/analogues that can be used in the Wii games.

I don't think it does, no. Does Metroid Prime Trilogy support it? We might be waiting a while to find out. Would be nice if they updated Donkey Kong Return's controls to be more like Tropical Freeze.

Galaxy was Wii Remote (+ nunchuck) only. Same with the Prime games since they remade them to work with pointer controls.

Unfortunately this basically means they won't be offering a Galaxy 1 + 2 HD remake on Wii U. Big shame.

Unfortunately this basically means they won't be offering a Galaxy 1 + 2 HD remake on Wii U. Big shame.

Yeh.. I was sort of wondering why Super Mario Galaxy 2 and not the first game..? ::shrug:

Perhaps the original will get the HD treatment.. or even reworked for New 3DS like Xenoblade Chronicles, which would perhaps be preferable :smile:

Yeh.. I was sort of wondering why Super Mario Galaxy 2 and not the first game..? ::shrug:

Perhaps the original will get the HD treatment.. or even reworked for New 3DS like Xenoblade Chronicles, which would perhaps be preferable :smile:

I'm happy with this decision as Galaxy 2 got a little sidetracked by me. :yay:

I have Galaxy 2. But I'm still tempted to buy this. It doesn't make any sense...

Heh, same here. I guess it's just the excitement of it being re-released.

This isn't a VC release though and it offers absolutely nothing that the disc version does not, but still...

... Nah. Gotta resist (I might pick up Rhythm Heaven Fever though when that gets released since I always did want to swap my US version for the EU one!)

I was always disappointed that you couldn't play Wii games on the gamepad using the gamepad controls. I realise this wouldn't work for games like Wii Sports, but for games that use the classic controller, why not?

I was always disappointed that you couldn't play Wii games on the gamepad using the gamepad controls. I realise this wouldn't work for games like Wii Sports, but for games that use the classic controller, why not?

I'm actually really surprised that they managed to get that to work, considering that the Gamepad isn't a Bluetooth device...

I wonder how they managed to remap the controls...

Galaxy was Wii Remote (+ nunchuck) only. Same with the Prime games since they remade them to work with pointer controls.

Oh really? Then I won't bother with them. After 30 minutes of Galaxy 2 I'm already bored of pointing the controller at the sensor bar. I'd forgotten how much I hated motion controls.

And Galaxy 2's opening worlds are really boring.

I'm actually really surprised that they managed to get that to work, considering that the Gamepad isn't a Bluetooth device...

I wonder how they managed to remap the controls...

So now all Wii games can be played with the Gamepad if they have classic controller support??? Or just re-releases through the eShop?

Downloaded this, picked up right where I left off some 3 years ago, completed the 'main' game, with the whole green star portion still to go!

I never played the multiplayer on this, what does the second person do? I don't have two wiimotes, so basically wondering if it's worth picking one up for me and my GF to play together :)

I never played the multiplayer on this, what does the second person do? I don't have two wiimotes, so basically wondering if it's worth picking one up for me and my GF to play together :)

I believe that the second player waves the pointer around to collect star bits.

I believe that the second player waves the pointer around to collect star bits.

Nintendo really are leading the way when it comes to revolutionary multi-player games.

So now all Wii games can be played with the Gamepad if they have classic controller support??? Or just re-releases through the eShop?

Just the re-releases through the eShop unfortunately, but can't wait for Metroid (again).

Downloaded this, picked up right where I left off some 3 years ago, completed the 'main' game, with the whole green star portion still to go!

Did it use your save from the Wii version?

Just the ones re-released on the eShop. They're obviously using some sort of modified version of the Wii menu that normally can't be accessed (and any sort of user access of this special version is probably a piracy security nightmare waiting to happen, due to the way it links to the Wii U OS itself, so don't count on it ever being made available for disc based games).

I already know it does (seen it elsewhere). If you have a save from a disc based copy sitting on your Wii U's Wii Menu, it'll just read/write the existing save file like any disc copy (same as with digital versions of Wii U disc games - they read and share the same save files :) )

Edited by Dcubed

From what I read on Gaf it should read any save data you already have on the console. So if you part way through the disc version you can just carry on via the digital version.

Yep, haven't played the game in 3 odd years but when I transferred the data from Wii to Wiii U that save file came across, fired up the download and it's exactly where I was :)

Hoping we get Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword announced soon!