NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

Only 20 green stars left. Not one difficult star so far. The only ones that took me longer to get were those that only gave you one chance. But that's not more difficult, only unfair and annoying.

Really looking forward to the final star.

Ok. Got star 241. I'm gonna take a wild guess and say that

a Daredevil run.

But what do I have to do to unlock the final challenge? Got all comet medals but nothing happens.

You're kidding me, right?

I've collected 49 comet medals, 241 stars and what feels like 1 billion fucking star bits and coins just to unlock all the stars and now you're telling me I need to collect even more to unlock the final star? :blank:

To be honest...

a Daredevil run, it's not gonna be that difficult. I only lost one health point and that was some stupid mistake I made. The level is kinda easy.

Well, can't be arsed to collect more...maybe in a day or two.

It is, and yes - the difficulty of the final star has been greatly exaggerated.

Still an awesome game overall, though. :)

Still an awesome game overall, though. :)

Hell yeah, it is. =)

And now Nintendo needs to do a new Super Mario World. :bouncy:

Don't you just have to get thew comet metal to unlock Star 242? Although I'm never too sure, because I always had 9999 star bits in teh bank.

He has the comet medal, though. Would be weird if he asked how to unlock the star if he didn't already have the comet medal.

To be honest...
a Daredevil run, it's not gonna be that difficult. I only lost one health point and that was some stupid mistake I made. The level is kinda easy.

Well, can't be arsed to collect more...maybe in a day or two.

If you want a quick way of collecting them, I played the third star of Melty Monster. Well, whatever level is Goron Mario rolling along a tricky narrow section bouncing off corners, etc. There's a shitload of starbits there and it's easy to collect a bunch then die (and you always get an extra life each time if you do well).

I was getting over 100 starbits a minute anyway, so like half an hour to get 3000+. Maybe there are faster ways other people know but it was fast enough for me.

To be honest...

The level changes, though, so it's way harder in the Daredevil run...

I still haven't managed to get the last star. :/

Where the hell does nintendo go from here!? In my mind this game is perfect... It's all downhill from here folks :D

Where the hell does nintendo go from here!? In my mind this game is perfect... It's all downhill from here folks :D

Maybe release a third and complete the trilogy?

Super Mario Galaxy 3. It just sounds right.

Then, they would release a special edition collector's pack which contains all three, and make a mountain of money.

Maybe release a third and complete the trilogy?

Super Mario Galaxy 3. It just sounds right.

Then, they would release a special edition collector's pack which contains all three, and make a mountain of money.

..you know what sounds even more right? Super Mario Galaxy 3D :heh:

..you know what sounds even more right? Super Mario Galaxy 3D :heh:

I agree with this... mainly because I'm sure I mentioned it months ago when the 3DS was first announced :p but yes, Super Mario Galaxy 3D it's not hard to picture it happening as the system is basically powerful enough and it would no doubt look and play amazingly well.

It wouldn't even need motion control either, you have the 3D stick for movement and everything else can be mapped to the buttons but best of all you wouldn't have to lose the 'ball rolling' stages because you could just tilt the 3DS and it would actually work a hell of a lot better than having to hold a remote in your hand like a gear-stick. :rolleyes:

Don't misunderstand me, Super Mario Galaxy/2 did everything right when they were released but by bringing the next installment to the 3DS it could be improved upon tenfold due to the fantastic features that the platform offers that are just waiting to be exploited. :)

It is a good idea. But, what I was getting at was releasing the three games on the same system, enabling them to do a collecter's edition/trilogy edition.

I have a feeling that there will be a different type of Mario platformer on the 3DS. Something new entirely.

There's no way another 3D Mario is coming on Wii. 2 "main" titles was already a breakthrough. A third would be insane.

I wont be surprised though if they actually try to port Galaxy to the 3DS at some point. Imagine stuff like the scenes where Mario blasts off then flies towards the screen in 3D. Or any of the stuff with projectiles fired you have to bounce back.

I dunno if the 3DS could really handle Galaxy or not, but I dont really see any reason why not to be honest.

There's no way another 3D Mario is coming on Wii. 2 "main" titles was already a breakthrough. A third would be insane.

I wont be surprised though if they actually try to port Galaxy to the 3DS at some point. Imagine stuff like the scenes where Mario blasts off then flies towards the screen in 3D. Or any of the stuff with projectiles fired you have to bounce back.

I dunno if the 3DS could really handle Galaxy or not, but I dont really see any reason why not to be honest.

Or a port of super mario sunshine :) That's next in line for the handheld ports

Or a port of super mario sunshine :) That's next in line for the handheld ports

As much as I enjoyed Super Mario Sunshine back when it came out, I played a little bit of it a few months ago and I really wasn't feeling it :hmm:

As much as I enjoyed Super Mario Sunshine back when it came out, I played a little bit of it a few months ago and I really wasn't feeling it :hmm:

Well, they did tear out the whole feeling of Super Mario 64 (which they then added back in for Galaxy) and replace it with cleaning up.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't a third and final Galaxy game. The engine is too good to only keep to two games. Plus it would mirror the Super Mario Bros 1, 2 and 3 of the NES quite nicely.

There is one thing i hate with Mario Galaxy II, and it is one of the reasons i stopped playing it. Spring Mario, oh thou i detest you. I just can't get him to bounce in the right place(s).

Spring Mario only appears in a single level in the sequel, though. Hardly a very good reason to give up on the game. :p

I love sunshine for it's moveset. Felt like mario could do ANYTHING in that game. Galaxy toned it down.

The graphics are also still amazing. It had it's problems i'm not going to lie but it's still one of my all-time favourite gamecube games.