NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

one minor thing

Why on earth did they bring back the spring mushroom lol. Even for just a short level it's no secret it controls badly.

Great review guys, thanks for that.

Also good to see /10 scores are preferred on this site, rather than the ridiculous percentage scores which wind me up for some reason.

Man, I'm getting really paranoid about spoilers. The only place I go and know that I wont see a massive spoiler is this place. So please, let's keep it this way.

Mario dies in SMG2.

But then you just use one of the 1-up shrooms and he's alive again. :)

1 week to go, for those of us who will hopefully get our copies on Thursday! :bouncy:

Also, just saw this on the Official Nintendo Magazine website ;-

Mario Galaxy 2 will be released in the UK next Friday and to celebrate, Nintendo is holding a special midnight launch event at Game in London's Oxford Street.

The event kicks off at 11pm on Thursday 10 June and you're all invited to come along dressed as Mario. There's an incentive, too: The first 50 to attend the London launch dressed as Mario will get an exclusive Super Mario Galaxy 2 goody bag filled to the brim with exciting Mario treats. So get your dungarees on and get down to Oxford Street.

Charles Martinet - the voice of Mario - will be jetting into London to attene the event where he will be signing copies of the game and Mario merchandise. No doubt he'll also say "woo hoo" on the stroke of midnight!

If you don't live in London there are also launch events taking place across the country. Here are the details:-

Friday 11th June - Sunday 13th June

Birmingham: Gamestation, 138 New Street, B2 4NS.

Leeds: Argos, Unit 2, The Gantry, 22-26 The Headrow, LS1 8EQ

Glasgow: 235 Buchanan St, Glasgow, G1 2NG

Dublin: Smyths, Unit 424, Blanchardstown Centre, Dublin 15

Those last few store events seem a bit random - just getting the goody bag when buying the game at those locations or something?

So basically:

Mario Galaxy 2, World Cup and E3 all in the same month!

If only Christmas was in June too.

So basically:

Mario Galaxy 2, World Cup and E3 all in the same month!

If only Christmas was in June too.

Haha, June kicks arse. I'm quite excited for E3 this year, more than last year.

Good review for the site, TeeDee.

Quick question: What world is the throwback galaxy in? I can't wait to play that one! I'm currently in world 3 with like 15 stars (import copy)

Quick question: What world is the throwback galaxy in? I can't wait to play that one! I'm currently in world 3 with like 15 stars (import copy)

world 6 :)

Im on that now. But I'm getting every single star on the way.

I've just reached World 5, and although I'm obviously really enjoying it, I've not been totally blown away by any of the new levels - I don't know if Galaxy 1's were better, or whether the concept was just fresher then.. But maybe I just haven't reached 2's best levels yet. I'm hoping there's going to be something like Space Junk or Battlerock/Dreadnought galaxies - a lot of the levels in 2 seem to be a bit too short and constricted. I love everything else about it, though - the new suits and Yoshi are great. :D

one minor thing

Why on earth did they bring back the spring mushroom lol. Even for just a short level it's no secret it controls badly.

I think just for completion. Spring and Boo are only in one level each the whole game. Then again they cut Ice completely, so who knows.

I've just reached World 5, and although I'm obviously really enjoying it, I've not been totally blown away by any of the new levels - I don't know if Galaxy 1's were better, or whether the concept was just fresher then.. But maybe I just haven't reached 2's best levels yet. I'm hoping there's going to be something like Space Junk or Battlerock/Dreadnought galaxies - a lot of the levels in 2 seem to be a bit too short and constricted. I love everything else about it, though - the new suits and Yoshi are great. :D

I do know what you mean. There isn't a Battlerock, or a Melty... whatever it was called, that lava one with the insane Purple Coin level. There are still some quality levels early on though. I love Starshine Beach. But yeh, it's less exploring huge levels and more tighter, focused, harder challenges.

Sweet, got an email from game saying they'll be processing everything early :D

Dear Customer,

Thank you for your recent Preorder of Super Mario Galaxy 2.

Due to the large volume of orders, we will be despatching your Preorder in plenty of

time for launch. To assist with despatching your order we will be processing your order early.

As a result, you may receive an email informing you that "your Preorder is on its way".

You may even find that your account has been debited.

To help us make sure that nothing affects your delivery, please check your card details are

up to date, and that you've got enough funds in your account for payment.

Happy gaming!

If you have any queries please don't hesitate to contact us via the 'Contact Us' page

which can be found by clicking on the link below:

http://www.game.co.uk/Help/CustService.aspx

The GAME Customer Services Team

Shit I need to put some mony in my bank.

Tesco better deliver early or on-time!

Have they sent you a e-mail?

Have they sent you a e-mail?

unfortunately no.

Estimated despatch: Within 1 to 2 Weeks from 28 May 2010

Got my e-mail from GAME a few minutes ago, hope this goes the way of halo 3 and arrives on Wednesday. Probably not though

Got my e-mail from GAME a few minutes ago, hope this goes the way of halo 3 and arrives on Wednesday. Probably not though

I hope so too. I'm likely to get overloaded with work on Friday and all of next weekend

I hope so too. I'm likely to get overloaded with work on Friday and all of next weekend

I hope it comes on Wednesday aswell becuse of E3.

I agree in a way.

I can only assume they did this intentionally to further bridge the gap between the 3d and 2d games. After all you would have completed a 2d mario level in a matter of mere minutes.

Sometimes I do miss the massive worlds of super mario sunshine but honestly we're better off this way. No distractions just straight into skillful gameplay just like the 2d games.

I really do believe this is a better game than the first in just about every way.

I still haven't decided which game's better, though saying that, I have just played a really great level in World 6 - the second galaxy is probably the most challenging so far. The first star of the desert level was great fun too. Another slight criticism I have is that too many of the 'second' stars in the level are obtained in similar ways - I've already collected so many silver stars, fed so many hungry lumas and gone down so many warp pipes to complete simple mini games...