NEurope
Retro_Link

Super Mario Galaxy 2

WHAT!?!? How can you not be fussed about what will blatantly be the best game of the year, possibly OF ALL TIME!?!?!

WHAT!?!? How can you not be fussed about what will blatantly be the best game of the year, possibly OF ALL TIME!?!?!

Note me using the past simple of 'to be' and a negative in my previous post.

I

WAS

NOT

too fussed,....

But

I AM ALL OVER IT NOW:love:

not to sound bitchy but... the water effects kinda looked better in sunshine than in that vid

New infomation from Official Nintendo Magazine review:

- Galaxy 2 takes place in an alternate reality where Mario and the Lumas never met

- the big Luma owns Spaceship Mario, which was transformed into its shape from a simple planet

- the big Luma is known as 'Lubba'

- Lubba needs power starts to fuel the ship, which Bowser has stolen...alongside Peach

- What does Lubba say when he transforms the planet into Spaceship Mario? "Nice spaceship, huh? More like a FACEship!"

- 40+ galaxies

- the tree slide that appears in some trailers is a star available in TreeTrunk Galaxy

- Expect more Yoshi action than was had in New Super Mario Bros. Wii

- Spring Mario only makes 2 appearances

- Luigi becomes playable in some fashion once you reach 20 stars

- Another playable character is hinted at for when you reach 120

- A monkey known as "The Chimp" let's you play minigames

- good amount of 2d portions

- expect many throwbacks to classic Mario games once you hit the later stages

- Bowser stages are similar to those in Super Mario 64

Also Ville it was Sunshine that felt like a chore and awful levels as example Ghost hotel area and the annoying blue coins searching.

LOST_Mario_Galaxy.jpg

Edited by Dante
Automerged Doublepost

not to sound bitchy but... the water effects kinda looked better in sunshine than in that vid

In some limited areas of the game maybe, but if they were used for a longdownstream river sigment, I think the processor would've took a bit more of a hit!

The true graphics comparison suitable here would be to the canoe segment in Twilight Princess.

less about exploration and more about platforming in limited spaces

But that's exactly what makes Mario so good!! Link is best left to explore :D

I can't remember where exactly, but someone on IGN awhile ago they noted that the levels seemed of a much larger scale this time around.

Nintendo.jp have put up a new 'Iwata Ask's' for this game. Gonintendo and Andriasang have done summarys for it.

- working on another 3D Mario for the Wii reminded Miyamoto of the Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask days

- Miyamoto says Majora's Mask was made in order to take advantage of the 3D framework of Ocarina of time

- Miyamoto says that when you make a new game, you can spend up to a full year just working on player movements

- Miyamoto felt it would have been a waste to not go back and use what the first Galaxy offered up

- the dev team went back to Galaxy and felt that the sphere-shaped design of game worlds wasn't fully utilized, so they used new tricks and gimmicks for Galaxy 2

- Galaxy 2 started off by using the same stage formations as Galaxy 1, but this was back when the game was internally known as Galaxy 1.5

- development of new ideas went so fast that Galaxy 1.5 quickly amassed 90% new content

- originally, the dev team thought they could make the game in a year's time, but it ended up taking two and a half years

- the full amount of time was spent on stage creation and fine tuning

- Hint TVs are once again explained as way to introduce Mario 2d fans to the 3d setting of Galaxy 2

- Miyamoto believes Galaxy 2 starts off 'at full acceleration'

- Miyamoto admits that the game is harder, and actually causes Miyamoto to slam tables and shout while playing

- the bonus DVD that shows control details and Super Guide videos was Iwata's idea

- Miyamoto is hoping players give the 'assist play' a try, as it's more fleshed out than in the original Galaxy

- Miyamoto worked on text editing for Galaxy 2, which was something he hadn't handled since Super Mario 64. This return was found to be enjoyable by Miyamoto, but it caused other staffers quite a lot of trouble.

http://www.andriasang.com/e/blog/2010/05/11/iwata_asks_miyamoto_about_mario/

Miyamoto admits that the game is harder, and actually causes Miyamoto to slam tables and shout while playing

Well there we go everyone, we now know the next Wii game...Wii Anger management (Or frustration), obviously its a game where no one can beat the game, it just gets harder and harder to the point of impossible, and the vitality sensor will be in use just telling us how pissed off we are of the game.

That advert was amazing!

I'm hoping they use that in the UK and not some people playing it in a white room with about 5 seconds of footage.

Yeah but if they showed that over here people would probably just say "they ripped off British Gas"

great advert! they've really come a lone way from this

Do american ads really need to add the " rated e for everyone" or whatever at the end.. I really it does this for movie trailers.