NEurope
Retro_Link

Wii Sports Resort

I'm still undecided on this. It looks like a great game, but there's so much else coming out this year. Perhaps I'll see if my sister wants to pay for half of it or something.

Has anyone seen the full list of games for inclusion in this?

So far we've seen:

Basketball

Water Skiing

Jet Skiing

Fencing

Table Tennis

Golf

Archery

Sky diving

Frisbee

Anything I've missed? Either way there looks to be a lot to do!

Yeah you've missed quite a few.

Bowling

Cycling

Canoeing

Wakeboarding

noticed the Motion+ standalone was £17.99 - either gameplay or play. Can't remember now.

There BLUE!

Oh, I thought that was stylized for the ad. Looks nice.

Yeah, not sure I'd want a Blue Wii though, if that is the next bundle to be announced.

Ooh, I kind of like that blue.

I've not enough star points on my account even if they did bring it over here. :(

noticed the Motion+ standalone was £17.99 - either gameplay or play. Can't remember now.

Wii Sports Resort with WM+ is £39.99 at http://www.gameplay.com

WM+ stand alone is £17.99, so you're getting a good deal really, Wii Sports Resort is a £22!

Yeah you've missed quite a few.

Bowling

Cycling

Kayaking

Wakeboarding

Fixed

A canoe has an open top. They are different.

rvlwsportsr02sshr08e3.jpg

YES! :hehe:

Thank you Nintendo. :kiss:

The skydiving part also looks sweet. Add those two to the flying chicken game in Wii Fit Plus and it's kind of as if we're getting Pilotwings on Wii. Just spread across 2 different games. :heh:

OK maybe not, but it's better than nothing!

Anyway, I'm super hyped for Resort now. It just looks so incredibly polished in both game play and presentation. I think it's going to be an absolute gem. :awesome:

This game is blatantly going to be amazing! I hope it's fully featured and not as stripped as Wii Sports. Wish we could control the character in table tennis :( Nintendo, I know you want it casual, but it wouldn't hurt to have the option would it?!

And also, bowling is already perfect, I have no idea how this can be any better!

And also, bowling is already perfect, I have no idea how this can be any better!

Bowling is perfect for the more experienced gamer, but my parents and grandparents had trouble with the motion for some reason. Motion Plus could probably improve that.

I'm getting really excited for Wii Sports Resort now :yay:

I remember how much I was looking forward to feel the Wii Remote for the first time and I get the impression that getting my hands on Wii Motion Plus is gonna be an equally amazing experience (if not more so :hehe:)

Anyway, great to see that it looks like we will be able to fly a plane around the island.. fantastic : peace: ..also, has anyone else come to appreciate the graphical style of Wii Sports, Wii Fit and now Wii Sports Resort over the last few years? I know it isn't HD and the games don't even try to push the Wii to the limit but Nintendo just seem to get it right and the games are so charming and inviting :smile: This is looking really great to me :bouncy:

And RedShell, the flying chicken game actually made me think more of Monkey Target from Super Monkey Ball on the Gamecube more than Pilotwings :heh: ..but the plane certainly makes me think of nothing other than the 'wings :yay:

Edited by nekunando

I remember how much I was looking forward to feel the Wii Remote for the first time and I get the impression that getting my hands on Wii Motion Plus is gonna be an equally amazing experience (if not more so :hehe:)

Anyway, great to see that it looks like we will be able to fly a plane around the island.. fantastic : peace: ..also, has anyone else come to appreciate the graphical style of Wii Sports, Wii Fit and now Wii Sports Resort over the last few years? I know it isn't HD and the games don't even try to push the Wii to the limit but Nintendo just seem to get it right and the games are so charming and inviting :smile: This is looking really great to me :bouncy:

And RedShell, the flying chicken game actually made me think more of Monkey Target from Super Monkey Ball on the Gamecube more than Pilotwings :heh: ..but the plane certainly makes me think of nothing other than the 'wings :yay:

I never thought that I could get hyped about a Wii sports game, but it looks REALLY, REALLY FUN!!!:yay:

I'm feeling the buzz for this too. And as for the graphical style, I love it! I loved Wii sports, clean, crisp and smooth. It's lovely. It doesn't try to a million and one things, but what it does looks great. The charm of the characters and the style really draws you in.

Yeah flying is going to be awesome, check out this vid:

(I couldn't resist adding Pilotwings music to it. :heh:)

It's from the latest Iwata Asks, but the vid ended up being a bit jumpy after I messed about with the audio. :hmm:

Check out the original, better quality version here.

The targets are similar to the ones in Monkey Ball yeah, but the character and the inspiration behind the game is no doubt from Pilotwings:

pwingsbonus.jpg

:love:

According to the Nintendo Channel, this has online connectivity (WiiConnect24).

Online leaderboard maybe?

Edited by lostmario

According to the Nintendo Channel, this has online connectivity (WiiConnect24).

Online leaderboard maybe?

Hopefully! It would be nice to get some score challenges on here aswell.