NEurope
Retro_Link

Wii Sports Resort

Archery, Basketball, Waterskiiing, Canoeing, Skydiving added...

Looks great IMO!

Edited by Retro_Link

Yep...

Hoping to have an actual Basketball mode, and not just that mini game.

But yeah, archery looks sweet :)

This actually something I want to buy now, especially if it has more Wii Golf in it.

The archery looks very fun. I play archery myself, and this looks about as realistic as one could expect :) But a big smile on my face when i saw the trailer :D

Table tennis looks great too

This is looking promising. Would be a shame if they left out online play, it would be great for the golf especially.

Eddage, 'Resort Archery may be the new Golf!!

Actually 'Resort Golf will be the new Golf, but you get my point!

I think i'll pass on this. I'll keep getting WM+ till Red Steel 2. Only ones I want to play is Archery and the Sword fighting. Then there's the need to get WM+, but I can try and resist that.

Eddage, 'Resort Archery may be the new Golf!!

Actually 'Resort Golf will be the new Golf, but you get my point!

Aye, could be good, I wanna see how much they improve on the golf first though, dunno if any of the other additions will top it, depending on what they add!

When I saw the skydiving, I just shouted out loud "just give us Pilotwings already!".

I don't think that this game can compell me to buy it no matter how hard Nintendo will try.

Instead of the jetski minigame, I'll pay full retail for a standalone Waverace.

Was quite impressed with canoeing...maybe with 2 Wiimotes we could use 2 paddles at a time ?

Event hough the Sony thing topped this and Natal. I am still getting this. Looks fun.

Looks good!... Jet-Skiing not shown?!

I actually thought they had.. but perhaps it was actually the Water-Skiing that I saw :eek:

If it wasn't shown, I guess it gives the small possibility that it has been removed and will be turned into a new Wave Race game :heh: ..hmm.. maybe :indeed:

You know, I'm still not totally taken on this but watching the conference I couldn't help but smile at the sky diving bit. Can't wait to try that out. As long as you can keep doing the sky diving thing over and over than I'm happy. Just looks like great fun. I'm sure I'll probably find enjoyment in the other activities but sky diving is my number 1. :D

Wowee, this looking a lot more then just your average mini game compilation. The plane screen shot looks potentially sexual - can we get a Pilotwings sequel already?

I was pretty iffy about this before today, but it looks very "complete" now. To be honest, I've got so much mileage out of WiiSports that this should be a no-brainer for me. I know I'll play this for some years to come, but today just kinda re-confirmed that for me.

I love archery.

I just don't get it. So is the airplane mode in it too? I also don't understand how some of the sports will even use motion plus!! - Cycling? I also doubt it will have online!!

I want to make one point though. I thin it's disgraceful that Nintendo aren't using wiimotionplus at all other than this! WTF is going on?! Nintendo need to support this extremely expensive perhepiral with software!!

I think the airplane screen is just from a cutscene of you taking off to skydive.

Though I guess you might be able to fly it on the way up.

I just don't get it. So is the airplane mode in it too? I also don't understand how some of the sports will even use motion plus!! - Cycling? I also doubt it will have online!!

I want to make one point though. I thin it's disgraceful that Nintendo aren't using wiimotionplus at all other than this! WTF is going on?! Nintendo need to support this extremely expensive perhepiral with software!!

The third parties are providing software for it. Surprisingly (to me anyway), they're the ones pumping out the games which benefit from it hugely. Red Steel 2 is probably the biggest benefactor. EA's Tennis, as well.

It would be nice to hear what they play to do with it, but I'm not particularly worried right now. The games will come. You can't fit eveeeerything that is being released for the system in a year or two in an hour long conference. Look at Red Steel 2, for example. It just randomly came out of nowhere, didn't it?

I was buying it before, in the mind set "yeah, its just a few minigames like the original but it has the wm+ and its a nice demo of the add on", but now I'm buying it for the games too! It has a lot more content than I expected!

Gotta say I liked what I saw in the trailer earlier. Resort looks alot more fleshed out now and looks like it will just be good fun to play. The skydiving in formation looked really cool and cute when there was a whole bunch of Mii's flying about. Even though they are chucking in some stuff that we are skeptical about, its still bulking the game up and heck, if all the old Wii Sports games are in, plus all the new ones, then we can just stick with Resort from now on! No need to swap discs. :heh: